Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Hossyman
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Joe Techno
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Planetary Scan Missions

Postby Hossyman » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:17 am

Prior to the last 2.4.03 update, I was not a big fan of being able to stack scan missions, and then complete them all with a single scan. this was quick, but not too satisfying. However, since the update, I have noticed, what to me is a fairly major issue with these missions. It goes like this...
1. I take as many planetary scan missions to the same system as possible
2. After reaching the system, I scan, and then receive the mission location updates, and make note of the destinations such as LFT 1446 A7A or A3B etc.
3. I pick a close one, land, scan, kill if necessary, board the ship, and take off for the next one, and check the mission for completion. What happens then is strange
4. if I am to go to LFT 1446 A7A, then A7A is where I go. I complete the scan. However, it completes the mission to another location such as LFT 1446 A3B. This means the mission to A7A is not complete. I then pick a location such as A4C and go there, do the mission, and check the status. It shows that A4A is not completed, however it may be a mission to A5D or even A7A that is completed instead. If you only have a couple of missions stacked, this is not a problem. However, if you stack 19 missions, to a system like
LFT 1446, you may have as many as 10 or more possible planets to choose from, you end up blindly flying, hoping a building scan shows up when you get close to the planet, then make a note of which one was completed.
5. My point is simple. If I have one mission or 6 missions to LFT 1446 planet A7A, those are the ones that should be shown as completed when I scan and check progress. I have no problem leaving the planet and returning to the surface to complete the additional missions on the same planets. This is not what happens. The missions that show as A7A may be scattered from A3A to A7D even though they all show as A7A in transactions. You never really know what location will actually complete which mission.

Help, what am I missing here ?

Thanks JT

UPDATE: 11/16/17
I just completed 12 stacked missions to LFT 1446
A4C was the closest, so I went there first
4 were A4C but did not show up there, and had to be completed at A7A and A5A
1 was A5A but was completed at A7A
4 were A7A but were completed at A4C
2 were A7B but were completed at A4C
1 was A5B but was completed at A4C
I noticed that the missions completed in the order I accepted them without regard for the planet locations shown
7 were completed at A4C but none were showing A4C as the planet, and none of the A4C missions completed there

Maybe I am missing something here, please let me know if it is a bug, or am I doing in wrong

Steps to Reproduce
Just start game, accept missions, and play

sean_crow
Competent
Competent
CMDR: sean_crow

Re: Planetary Scan Missions

Postby sean_crow » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:46 am

OMG! It seems like FD "fixed" this in a very stupid way.
This sounds very much like a bug.
You should report the issue.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:57 am

Planetary scans and missions in general has been broken for as long I have been around here.
Almost daily game sessions since, well fifteenth of April, 2015...
Just hasn't been a major issue since, well they all just finished regardless..

Sometimes you do need to throw the baby out with the bathwater and start a new.
The ED mission are one such baby.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Hossyman
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Joe Techno

Postby Hossyman » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:45 pm

It has been reported to the Bug Exterminators :-)

Return to “General Discussion”