Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Capricos
Novice
Novice
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Thargoid Stomping

Postby Capricos » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:24 am

Order of Mobius,

Greetings. I just wanted to give a general shout out and good job to everyone that participated in Operation Andronicus.
Everyone I winged with worked well together. Those that knew more helped others out. Thargoids were killed. Considering the amount of people that fly in the known galaxy compared to those noted in the mission as contributing, Mobius seemed to have represented decently.
We adapted as we went and have it down. Until they change it all again, of course. However, we're good for the next phase.
From what I've seen and learned so far, hull heavy is a must. Anaconda is a great ship for thargoid fighting. Fed ships seem to be suited for it. Gunship and Dropship more than the FAS or Corvette.
Imperial fighters seem to work better as they are fast and harder to hit and stay up longer.
My Anaconda loadout is AX missiles in the top large hp's, AX MC's in the med hp's, a flak cannon for the swarm on the bottom large hp, a huge pulse for the shields, and 2 beam turrets with regeneration on the smalls. A bit of fire group management but not a big deal. I have the hull up a touch over 6100.
The other ship I'm using is a Fed Dropship. 2 AX missiles 2 AX MC's and a large beam. Hull is right around 3500.
2 shield cell banks helps a lot. So, 2 extra ammo heat sinks, and 2 scb's. You can fit 2 class 6 on the 'Conda and 2 class 5 on the Dropship. Shields themselves seem personal preference. Prismatics, A's, Bi-Weaves all good. As far as shield boosters, I just kept it with a heavy and reinforced. I'm not sure if going more thermal or kinetic etc. will help.
Again, it seemed everyone from Mobius I bumped into was into it, learned as we went, and have it down pretty well.
My only gripe is that everyone make sure everyone in your wing is back from reload/repairs before you kill the bug. Because I could keep it occupied in the Conda while people went back to Oracle, I am always the last to go back. Three times now while on the way back folks stomped the thargoid. Just... lay off the fire button for 15 seconds until everyone is back.
Looking forward to the next phase.
And, if you are looking to make some nice cash and pick at your Imperial Rank, definitely get down to the Mobius systems. Medicine's are selling great and a lot of delivery missions to close Mobius systems paying well. Let's get rid of that Outbreak state. I fly in Mobius PVE group. Always feel free to say hello.
Fly Safe.

Commander Capricos

Loth Tear
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: CMDR Loth Tear

Re: Thargoid Stomping

Postby Loth Tear » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:11 pm

I may be a bit late asking that, but are there still CMDRs hunting thargoids after the CG?

bagofholding
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: bagofholding

Postby bagofholding » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:57 pm

I'm sorry you lost a couple ships today while fighting Thargoids but I had no luck getting proper instancing and could not damage exerted hearts. This is a well known issue during wing fights.

I would be willing to make up your lost credits if you wish by dropping you meta-alloys or fetching some thargoid items for palin missions if you wish. This is why I tried to friend you in game so I could keep talking but you left the station too quickly for me to do so.

You claimed I had no idea what I was doing and was shooting the wrong heart all the time. I can assure you I was not. You also claimed I could not solo a thargoid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0vfrCIfjhY

I told you many times the rebuy was not worth it and to jump out if you were low. Were my voice comms not working?

I've apparently not used the forums enough to be able to handle this via private message (that seems like quite an idiotic feature) so I hope posting this here isn't against some sort of rules.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Xebeth » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:25 pm

bagofholding wrote:I've apparently not used the forums enough to be able to handle this via private message (that seems like quite an idiotic feature) so I hope posting this here isn't against some sort of rules.

Off Topic
The feature is there to stop people from joining the forum to just post trolling/insulting PMs to members, so no, it's not an idiotic feature
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Return to “General Discussion”