You both sound like my kind of people

BeDoomed
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: BeDoomed
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: So I've made a costly mistake

Postby BeDoomed » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:05 am

This is such a common error people make only once, flying without a rebuy CR balance. I feel for you, best of luck in getting your credits again.

Hossyman
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Joe Techno

Postby Hossyman » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:36 pm

We all have done it, so do not feel bad. I made the same mistake with my first ASP EXP. I spent all my money on he ASP, got killed, and started from scratch. I am not great at combat, so I started trading, hauling, and scanning. I now have over 6 billion in the bank, and only fight when provoked to do so. I am not knocking combat, I just suck at it. Anyway, it happens to everyone at least once, so carry your wallet and watch you bank account. Try and have money for at least 2 insurance rebuys for the ship you are flying.

LeDoyen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Le Doyen
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby LeDoyen » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:31 pm

i remember when it happened to me.. i lost the starting winder :p
Got blown up several times by the station trying to fly out while doing the joystick binds on my cheapo stick. No loss tho but it was ass, trying to figure the controls while (thinking i was) dodging lasers..

As a rule of thumb i do not fly with twice the rebuy cost in bank, but twice the ship cost (with modules). The Asp-X i got after hitting 30 mil for example.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:44 pm

LeDoyen wrote:i remember when it happened to me.. i lost the starting winder :p
Got blown up several times by the station trying to fly out while doing the joystick binds on my cheapo stick. No loss tho but it was ass, trying to figure the controls while (thinking i was) dodging lasers..

As a rule of thumb i do not fly with twice the rebuy cost in bank, but twice the ship cost (with modules). The Asp-X i got after hitting 30 mil for example.

That was the eve-online rule but death penalty in ED are so lax you can easily get away with the rebuy.

Sooner or later you're rate of income, even post nerf will exceed expenditure.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

LeDoyen
Expert
Expert

Postby LeDoyen » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:05 pm

that's the case now. i bought a second anaconda like 2 weeks after the first do do an exploration build, but it took me a year of (casual) play to get the first one.

DRPlatus
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Delorean R. Platus

Postby DRPlatus » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:22 am

LeDoyen wrote:i remember when it happened to me.. i lost the starting winder :p

Also lost my starting Sidey in a station when my hardpoints deployed by accident(default binding) (and presumably fired), as station security promptly annihilated me. Now, hardpoints deploy binding is a keyboard button, and FSD activation is now bound to that button on my joystick. Somehow fluffed up the rebuy, and lost the modules I had added on/upgraded.

I haven't been playing long, and now have an Adder, but if it does get blown up for whatever reason, then I can easily afford the rebuy.

LeDoyen
Expert
Expert

Postby LeDoyen » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:31 am

i quickly deactivated "fire deploy hardpoints" myself. A dedicated deploy hardpoints button saves a lot of trouble with those cocaine fed polices :p

Return to “General Discussion”