FRONTIER EXPO 2017 - Thoughts, Opinions & General Chat.

Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
pargyrak
Master
Master
CMDR: pargyrak
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: FRONTIER EXPO 2017 - Thoughts, Opinions & General Chat.

Postby pargyrak » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:39 pm

CR is a perfectionist like the other CR, the one with the 7 in the back. He will not release the game till he is 100% satisfied with it.
I already invested in ships as his games were my favorite ones next to Elite when I heard about SC but did not even look at the progress since then.
Order of Mobius Council
Friends call me pargy

de Carabas
Master
Master
CMDR: de Carabas
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby de Carabas » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:50 pm

pargyrak wrote:CR is a perfectionist like the other CR, the one with the 7 in the back. He will not release the game till he is 100% satisfied with it.
I already invested in ships as his games were my favorite ones next to Elite when I heard about SC but did not even look at the progress since then.

If you don't mind me asking - how much did you invest for ships? When I looked at the site some months ago I was staggered by how much he was asking for to get access to certain ships. :shock:
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

pargyrak
Master
Master
CMDR: pargyrak

Postby pargyrak » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:00 pm

de Carabas wrote:
pargyrak wrote:CR is a perfectionist like the other CR, the one with the 7 in the back. He will not release the game till he is 100% satisfied with it.

If you don't mind me asking - how much did you invest for ships? When I looked at the site some months ago I was staggered by how much he was asking for to get access to certain ships. :shock:

480 USD in 2014 :(
Order of Mobius Council
Friends call me pargy

de Carabas
Master
Master

Postby de Carabas » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:52 pm

pargyrak wrote:480 USD in 2014 :(

Ouch.
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

LeDoyen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Le Doyen

Postby LeDoyen » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:19 pm

I think these high prices are what make the SC fanboys so rude and condescending (not talking about you pargyrak^^).
THey are so pissed they wasted hundreds of bucks to get nothing, that they brag about a game being superior (even if said game is not even in a playable stage) just to brush away the fact that they've been had like noobs.

A shiny lens glare scam is still a scam in my books. A turd with sprinkles doesn't turn to chocolate cake. it's still a steaming pile of doodoo :)
Personally, i do like you do.. I don't look at it. i'll have a go at SC when it comes out.

Now about that SRV, anyone has pics? i don't remember seeing anything different than the current one so i'm curious !

de Carabas
Master
Master

Postby de Carabas » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:56 am

LeDoyen wrote:Now about that SRV, anyone has pics? i don't remember seeing anything different than the current one so i'm curious !

I wish I could find it. It was part of one of the images for a release. I remember an SRV in the bottom left of the screen with supporting ship(s) all heading for planet base. Clearly a mission.
Which update it was for and where the image was shown I can't remember and so far I can't find it. I'll keep looking.

Part of the problem is that on the main forum both 'SRV' and 'new' are considered too short to search for :)

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:52 pm

From the Digital Art Book:

Loki12345
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Loki12345 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:38 pm

My opinion of the Frontier expo and the beyond "season"

First, I like the way Frontier wants to go. It looks like they really want to give the game more depth and flesh out the core elements. Since they don't revale to much we can only speculate what will come.

New/better planets
Yes! Even if it is only a minor graphic change it will be very good for exploration since you don't see the same boring beige planet again and again. The screenshot looks very impressive. Looking forward.

New ship
Nice to have. I hope they give more ships dedicated roles. The python for example is horrible. Not because it's a bad ship, actually it may be one of the best. But it has almost no real drawbacks so if you have one, why get another ship? So more clear role ships would be cool

New mining
The concept art looks interesting. I hope they add some adventure to mining. Something more to interact as a player instead of only hitting one or two buttons

Better trading
Sounds nice too. Trading works currently quite good I think, but qol improvements are very welcome

Better exploration
More anomalies, new tools, all this sounds great since this part of the game is the weakest part right now in my opinion. But most important would be more interaction with the tools. Like in mining you always press one button and that's is. So give us more to do here. Let's get scientific. Add probes we have to navigate to atmosphere planets so we can get better scans. Let us check radio frequencies and match them with the frequency of a planet to get more information. Let us take probes on a planet with our srv. All this with cool gameplay mechanics (some minigames for example).

All in all I am looking forward for what will come and I really hope that Frontier is going to do a good job here, read the forums and take the nessesary upgrade to the game.

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk

Grayman
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Grayman 666

Postby Grayman » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:09 am

Anything they do to make ED more engaging is always going to be welcomed by me. Having played Eve Online, mining in ED certainly needs some love, and it sounds like it may get it.

Improvements to planets should also be good, and make planetside missions a bit more interesting and engaging.

More ships to fly gets a big thumbs up as well.

The bit I am really looking forward to is the squadrons, as from my understanding of the information so far, it looks like you will be able to put together some large scale operations under a "group" banner (similar to corporations in Eve).

Roll on 2018 and Beyond

LeDoyen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Le Doyen

Postby LeDoyen » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:17 pm

If that squadron business can be used as makeshift "guilds" that would be cool.
I've always been annoyed to say the least at the focus the devs did put on combat in Elite. Maybe that pleases the gankids, but it's boring real fast (yes, more than mining!).

No more pastel marshmallow planets, new mining mechanics... space anomalies and other "secret stuff we won't tell you about" for exploration.. looks like a new game to me and not a minute too early :)

I wish they had announced space legs, even a very limited version like, aimlessly walking in your ship, and in your station hangar, maybe some kind of cantina business to chill at CGs instead of screaming from pad to pad.
That reminds me that they could also simply add things that have been surprisingly left aside when they introduced Multicrew (another one stupidly made combat-exclusive), like sharing SRVs, giving the helm to someone else etc... But well, Multicrew is following the same parth as CQC. I have yet to find a seat in someone's ship :)

Return to “General Discussion”