Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Jeffers2112
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Jasper Randall
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

NPC stole cargo!

Postby Jeffers2112 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:10 pm

Just had a rather interesting experience.
Interdicted by an NPC Anaconda, I'm in my Python so perhaps a little outmatched but I decided to have a go anyway.
So we're trading shots when I get "Hatch breaker Limpet launched" message.
I tried evading it but he got to me and I soon had a "cargo hatch malfunction" message. He repeated this twice and then high-waked out, although he was certainly ahead in the fight. I was down to my last ring of shields and I'd hardly scratched his. Found that he'd taken 44 tons of cargo from me.
Never had an encounter like that before, I've been robbed! But at least I lived to tell the tale....

DarkMere
Master
Master
CMDR: DarkMere
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: NPC stole cargo!

Postby DarkMere » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:47 pm

Jeffers2112 wrote:Just had a rather interesting experience.
Interdicted by an NPC Anaconda, I'm in my Python so perhaps a little outmatched but I decided to have a go anyway.
So we're trading shots when I get "Hatch breaker Limpet launched" message.
I tried evading it but he got to me and I soon had a "cargo hatch malfunction" message. He repeated this twice and then high-waked out, although he was certainly ahead in the fight. I was down to my last ring of shields and I'd hardly scratched his. Found that he'd taken 44 tons of cargo from me.
Never had an encounter like that before, I've been robbed! But at least I lived to tell the tale....

I have never had anything stolen, but guess I came close. I had cargo on-board my Python and was undertaking a mission to salvage some black boxes. As I was just about to scoop the first one, a NPC ship dropped out of FSD, scanned and started attacking. I did not want to fight amid or near the black boxes so I decided to run. Just before I went into low wake I got the same message as you "Hatch breaker Limpet launched". I went some 10ls distant and then came back thinking that the pirate would have been a random thing, but the pirate came back. So I ran off again but this time went and delivered the cargo. Came back for the black boxes, again the pirate showed up, but this time after scanning my empty hold, went away and left me to collect the black boxes.

For me too, its the first time I have had a NPC launch limpets against me, but I just figured that it was probably a common thing and that I had just led a sheltered life........ until I read your post.

Return to “General Discussion”