Thargoid Hunting

Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Capricos
Novice
Novice
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Thargoid Hunting

Postby Capricos » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:37 pm

Well, I'm not from Krypton, so it's unlikely Kryptonite will have any real impact on me.
However, it would be nice to find some people in Mobius that want to go do the "impossible."

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:59 pm

So you saying you got all four hearts down and the last shield down to 72% ?

In one ship without running out of missiles ?

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:30 pm

I assumed 72% overall, one heart down and a few percentages thereafter.

I'm ok with the adaptation idea in general (albeit the method used was pretty poor IMHO), but if each step is going to be a nerf followed by a CG then I'm less than pleased. Hopefully after this CG they'll be doing something else.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:36 pm

Xebeth wrote:I assumed 72% overall, one heart down and a few percentages thereafter.

Yea reading it again I think you maybe right......

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Capricos
Novice
Novice

Postby Capricos » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:49 pm

No. That's not even what I'm remotely saying. I did it twice just to confirm that I can avoid being blown up, and I'm not going to get it down below 72% by myself regardless of how many missiles I use because of the regen rate. However, a nice ram at the end of the run seemed to help a bit.
What that did show me is that a wing of pilots can do it with some work and figuring out.
Basically, I just wanted to see who was up for the challenge.
However, it seems people here are content to watch other people do it on YouTube.
The only thing 2.4 has shown me is that people like to complain endlessly and are never satisfied. It has some bugs that need to get smoothed out. Just like every single release since the game was released, and they fix it generally sooner than later. People complained everything was too easy, now it's "impossible" to do.
I just wanted to see who was up for forming a Thargoid squad. We can blow one up now, albeit you might actually have to do some work. Oh no. Regardless, you can still fight one and work on tactics. I'll lonewolf it.
Go Mobius.

CMDR NIVALLICA
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: NIVALLICA

Postby CMDR NIVALLICA » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:17 am

I, personally, am a big fan of Cmdr Capricos' outlook on the situation as a whole. Well played Cmdr; it's this mentality that pushes things forward. There is nothing wrong with pushing the boundaries and seeing what we can achieve just... because. That's why we have invested so much of our time, already, in this beautiful galaxy created by FD right? Isn't that why we are here? These types of story become legend. "Remember when the 'goids first dropped and they started resisting the first wave of weapons? Remember those things? Rubish! Haha! Remember those guys who teamed up and took them out using everything they had? Remember how hard they used to be?"

I assume you are on PC Cmdr? I'm on the way to Rhea to cash in on the (albeit reduced) passenger situation there - then I'm outfitting myself a ship to have my first encounter with the Thargoid. I would be more than willing to wing up but alas I am on PS4.

Good luck with you personal mission - you WILL find success.
CMDR NIVALLICA - Riding his bright yellow Lakon Asp Explorer: To Infinity & Beyond.

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:56 am

Capricos wrote:The only thing 2.4 has shown me is that people like to complain endlessly and are never satisfied. It has some bugs that need to get smoothed out.

It took you until 2.4 to realise this? :lol: :lol:

I suspect that is why some people are leaving them alone because nothing works for a few months after release, whether it be technical or balancing. Remember engineer mats, new NPC AI, multicrew disconnects etc etc etc etc...

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:09 pm

Capricos wrote:The only thing 2.4 has shown me is that people like to complain endlessly and are never satisfied. It has some bugs that need to get smoothed out. Just like every single release since the game was released, and they fix it generally sooner than later.

Really !!!!!

2.3 was fine bar a few niggles....

Then they drop 2.4 which buggers everything up.....Just like the major releases in the past....

Heaven forbid they might actually learn something from past experience......

The A-Team has sent FD endless gigs of data when Beta testing and yet in every drop we see the same bugs that have been reported and documented numerous times by numerous people in beta.

Then on every drop they seem to have tinkered with something after beta that breaks things even more.....

After a while it becomes soul destroying and frustrating.....Especially when it's a game I really like and basically the only one I play....

Maybe that's why I'm so pissed off because I love it so much.......

These are only my opinions of course, but I'm just pissed off with the whole thing...

Maybe I'm just burnt out through playing so long...

Or maybe I'm just a grumpy old C..........
Last edited by Cmdr Kharma on Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:11 pm

CMDR NIVALLICA wrote:it's this mentality that pushes things forward. There is nothing wrong with pushing the boundaries and seeing what we can achieve just... because.

Been there.....Done that.....Got The A-Team T-shirt....

:)

Dudley
Master
Master
CMDR: Dudley_Dawg

Postby Dudley » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:49 pm

Cmdr Kharma wrote:
Or maybe I'm just a grumpy old C..........

errr.. C......

Chap?

Cat?

Cutie-pie?

H'mmm

Might take me a while.. :D

o7 Dawg..

PS Your round?? :)
As a tribute to Tor, my CMDR has small feet too! o7 Dawg

Return to “General Discussion”