Thargoid Hunting

Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Capricos
Novice
Novice
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Thargoid Hunting

Postby Capricos » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:34 am

I like that the CG's are driving not only the story of the Thargoids, but how and what is being released. From what I understand, the AX's were limited in where they could be bought because the CG didn't reach the top Tier before it ended. I put 20K into the one, and have about 12K delivered in the other.
I want to see this content, regardless of how... bugged (I'm so sorry)... it is at the moment. And, be ready for when hey do fix it. I'm a bit more optimistic on them leveling things out and making it playable. So, get some basic ships together, and let's find out who's going to be hanging around Maia looking for a fight so we're all not flying around solo. Let the nay-sayers nay-say.

Phillipus
Expert
Expert

Postby Phillipus » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:52 am

Nothing wrong with releasing the new content in stages and it being affected by players. Tying it to brain-dead Community Goals is something else.

Capricos
Novice
Novice

Postby Capricos » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:21 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing the CG's get a little more entwined. I'm actually surprised I haven't seen a mining CG coupled with a bounty CG. If you got money to spend, I turned a Beluga into a really nice mining ship. It's a touch light on collector limpets, but it has plenty of space overall and does the job. It would be pretty cool going into a haz rez and needing a wing to protect you. Although, I'd probably just stick two mining lasers on the front of a cutter, and put turrets everywhere else, heh.

LeDoyen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Le Doyen
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby LeDoyen » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:17 pm

One that would be funny once things get spicy in the Pleiades would be a passenger CG.. EVACUATION !!! Help civilians get away as alien fleets swarm the area, and a proper bug hunting combat CG at the same time with new weaponry

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:13 pm

TorTorden wrote:By nearly they mean you need three full wings of four players.

The game still craps out at around 6 active players in an instance for me and that's assuming you don't have instancing issues which would be down right garuanteed.

Thargoid's adapting. is just insulting.
THEY FUCKED IT UP!

Here...Here......

Total and utter Bollocks..........

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:18 pm

Phillipus wrote:At this point, engaging with Thargoids will mean that your ship will be insta-destroyed. You will be wasting your time.

The alien "content" will consist, over the coming months, of engaging in mindless Sisyphean "Community Goals" where, at each turn, FDev will feed the players another breadcrumb which, after a few days, will be nerfed. Repeat.

My advice - put the game away and watch it unfold on Obsidian Ant's YouTube channel. That's what I'll be doing.

My thoughts exactly.......

I was really pissed off with the bugs in the 2.4 drop anyway.......

And this load of bollocks is just the icing on the cake......

Just ordered Project Cars 2......

Gonna spend some time with that me thinks......

Rather than this P.O.S.....

:x

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:39 pm

Sure each local faction on the missions boards give you 30 missions.

So... 180 missions, 80 of which means going to colonia.
The rest paying less than ONE kill in a haz res. If you did all of them.

Both points being moot since you can't really load the mission board to begin with since the servers crap out.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon

Postby tinnitus » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:08 pm

TorTorden wrote:Sure each local faction on the missions boards give you 30 missions.

So... 180 missions, 80 of which means going to colonia.
The rest paying less than ONE kill in a haz res. If you did all of them.

Both points being moot since you can't really load the mission board to begin with since the servers crap out.

Just do 250000 of these High Pay Runs,
neft.PNG
neft.PNG (71.74 KiB) Viewed 8774 times
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Capricos
Novice
Novice

Postby Capricos » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:26 pm

Okay, so a quick update. I stopped in a Non-Human USS with a threat level of 5. All by myself in a Federal Dropship geared as described earlier.
It was a stalemate.
I avoided the swarm pretty well. I had no problems out-maneuvering the Thargoid and lining up good attack runs. On one good run ended with a boost ram into him (which only knocked my shields down half of one ring), I got the Thargoid down to a low of 72%. That's by myself in a Dropship.
Now, granted, I have no idea exactly how fast these things regenerate. However, this "four full wings," bullshit is exactly that. Bullshit.
Give me three skilled pilots that have a clue and don't cry and cry because the game isn't 100% tailored to their whims, and we'll go kick some Thargoid ass.

Quick Edit: And, I've done that twice now. 72% first time. 77% the second time. By myself in a Dropship. Now I am giving serious consideration to getting the Anaconda ready for Thargoidness. I had it specifically geared for a gunner with turrets, etc. Not quite ready to commit the Vette. Would feel goofy owning two vettes. I think me is going to start putting thought into re-engineering and gearing the Conda for Thargoid Extermination.

Phillipus
Expert
Expert

Postby Phillipus » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:31 pm

I guess the only thing that can stop you now is a cargo rack full of Kryptonite... :roll:

Return to “General Discussion”