Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
AJStoner
Competent
Competent
CMDR: A.J. Stoner
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

First Mining Experience

Postby AJStoner » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:21 pm

I want to unlock the engineer who does the hull armor so I decided to outfit my Python as a mining vessel and headed out the resource extraction site. In addition to getting access to the engineer I thought it would be nice to experience a new element of the game that I hadn’t gotten around to yet. I just mined my first 5 tons of minerals—1% of what I will need.

OH—MY—FREAKING—GOD this is lame. I wanted to gouge my eyes out with a spoon five minutes into this. This will require days upon days of suffering through this mind-numbing exercise. I honestly think it would be more fun to go work in an actual coal mine. At least the possibility of a horrible death would keep me awake. Why, oh why, must this insufferable #@%&* put me through this. Obviously, the pilots most interested in her services would be combat types and she MUST know that. Is she some sort of sadist/pacifist trying to end violence through enacting this cravenly tedious edict?

Is there a way to put a bounty on an engineer? She has to suffer and die for this.
Aim to please; shoot to kill.

Datcon517
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Datcon17

Re: First Mining Experience

Postby Datcon517 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:37 pm

HAHAHA! I feel your pain man! Just did the very same thing this past week. God it's terrible! I wouldn't wish this hell on my very worst enemy. There is really nothing you can do to make it go faster, so all I can say is try listening to some tunes or set yourself up with a second tv/tablet to watch a movie or youtube. Stay strong CMDR! o7

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:52 pm

A properly fitted mining Python would be able to handle the 500t req in about an hour, hour and a half tops.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:12 pm

Like Tor said, it shouldn't take long at all in a Python. I used to enjoy mining in that ship. :)

Here are some links that might help you ....

http://embee.cz/ED/temeleens_mining_tips_1-3.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous ... ilhour_in/
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Return to “General Discussion”