Why this new stance on PvP in CZs?

Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Phillipus
Expert
Expert
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Why this new stance on PvP in CZs?

Postby Phillipus » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:35 pm

It's a good move. Want PVP in Mobius? Then Fack off.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:40 pm

Phillipus.......How many times have I told you about "Sitting on the fence"

:lol:

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo

Postby GlobusDiablo » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:41 pm

Phillipus wrote:It's a good move. Want PVP in Mobius? Then Fack off.

The voice of popular opinion it would seem. :)

o7MJ
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Mobediah Jones

Postby o7MJ » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:42 pm

It probably stems from this topic as 2 days later they changed the policy.

But this isn't a new stance, the stance has been no player killing, peroid. But the rules from Mobius policy regarding CZ which said PvP would be alright as long as both players are in the opposing factions at the CZ pretty much was a mistype in my opinion, when it really should have said:

Things are hectic at the Combat Zones, awareness about who's a npc or a player can be tricky, beware you may get shot by another pilot and the rules against pvp doesn't hold here as accidents can happen.

Now since it didn't say that and instead the underlined text, there was a loophole to kill other commanders in Mobius, however when a player clearly uses CZ to kill other players, ban-hammering would occur, but how do you tell someone who accidentally killed another commander versus someone who did it for fun? You can't, thus the policy is now very clear, don't shoot players.

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:10 pm

Kharma be on fire tonight :lol: :lol:

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:21 pm

And I'm rapidly trying to put myself out....

*Slurp*

*Burp*

Cheers.....

:D

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Relix Typhon
Master
Master

Postby Relix Typhon » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:37 pm

Regarding the change though, there seemed to be too many "grey areas". One of the best I heard was a CMDR who got shirty because he was upset that his full turret Quince-Vette, firing at will might damage someone and he'd get booted. Play your way and all that but dont be bringing death blossom! (kudos if you get that reference :D )

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:25 pm

Kharma has summed up the gist of it, but perhaps I can elucidate.

The very original rule was put in place as it was believed that during the heated confusion of a CZ "accidents" would happen and it would be unfair to punish Commanders simply because they confused a fellow player for an NPC.

After some time it became clear that this was being exploited by unscrupulous players who wanted to use it simply to attack others and the rule was clarified and expanded upon with additional guidelines..

More recently it has been noted that we are getting an increasing number reports of people who can't follow these guidelines, the incident mentioned in this thread being just one such example. Now whilst some of these were genuine misunderstandings, many were clearly people just trying to find loopholes to further their own personal agendas.

So after a considerable amount of internal debate, it was decided that the clearest and simplest option was simply to extend the no PVP rule to CZs. In this way it avoids confusion for new players (the join rate shows no sign of abating), and removes the temptation to use the previous rule as an excuse for forced and non-consensual PVP.

It is unfortunate that we have had to do this, but as many of you will know the Mobius PVE groups are not always popular with some the more vocal and/or small minded members of the wider player base, who will on occasion make attempts to bring unwanted "emergent game play" to our groups.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Relix Typhon
Master
Master

Postby Relix Typhon » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:39 pm

Xebeth wrote:It is unfortunate that we have had to do this, but as many of you will know the Mobius PVE groups are not always popular with some the more vocal and/or small minded members of the wider player base, who will on occasion make attempts to bring unwanted "emergent game play" to our groups.

This is key and I think we should heavily remind players that Mobius is not 100% safe & also encourage them to shrug off any instance of being griefed. It will happen from time to time, despite the best efforts of the admin/mods, so they shouldn't give them what they want my complaining about it in public.

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:58 pm

Relix Typhon wrote:
Xebeth wrote:It is unfortunate that we have had to do this, but as many of you will know the Mobius PVE groups are not always popular with some the more vocal and/or small minded members of the wider player base, who will on occasion make attempts to bring unwanted "emergent game play" to our groups.

This is key and I think we should heavily remind players that Mobius is not 100% safe & also encourage them to shrug off any instance of being griefed. It will happen from time to time, despite the best efforts of the admin/mods, so they shouldn't give them what they want my complaining about it in public.

I agree on the point of not giving those that violate our rules the 'air space' that they so often desire, this is why players should use the contact form to report incidents.

However I can not agree with the "shrug off" suggestion, the Mobius groups exist because of the rules, and by not reporting issues these rules are diminished, violations would spread as people realise that they can 'get away with it', and the whole point of the groups would become moot.

The Mobius team takes the rules extremely seriously and will assertively enforce them.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Return to “General Discussion”