Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Which one and only ship?

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:57 pm

Loriath wrote:But not that Cobra Mk.IV.That thing's shit.

Like the Viper MK IV then.....

Oh and Python by the way......

Even though I still adore my AspX......

:)

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:20 pm

*Al* wrote:Might look better with a spoiler on it...

My name aint Dawg, and I am NOT going full Camaro no matter how drunk. Mullet, maybe but not Camaro. :P
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:26 pm

Like you have got the kin hair for a mullet.......

Dream on.......

:D

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

LeDoyen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Le Doyen

Postby LeDoyen » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:34 pm

For me it would be Python
I'd miss the sheer speed of the Cobra MK3 tho..

Mythtaken
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Mythtaken
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Mythtaken » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:09 pm

I switch between running cargo around the bubble and month(s) long exploration trips. The one ship that works for me is the AspX.

smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)

Postby smartroad » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:07 pm

My second account is going to be a Cobra only CMDR. Currently fitting him out with an explorer class Cobra MKIII. Anything that isn't needed will be stored or I'll use them to outfit another Cobra for another role - maybe a fighter as most components are A rated. Currently engineering it for a deep space, while my main account deals with the Fargoids... :D
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

DarkMere
Master
Master
CMDR: DarkMere

Postby DarkMere » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:43 am

Ah Cobra MkIII. Now if the question was not which ship you would choose to keep, but which ship do you love the most, then yes it would be the Cobra MkIII.

I flew that ship in Elite on the Spectrum and the Atari, although you can't compare the two models except in name only, and in ED the ship is a joy to fly which just adds to the sentimental connection. You just got to love it.

I read on the ED forum several weeks ago, this guy who was complaining that the Cobra's performance should be nerfed compared to the Viper (can't remember if it was Mk3 or 4). Anyway he provided a load of statistical data from the two ships that supposedly proved his point, although it all went clean over my head. I remember thinking, if they took notice of him and did it, I would find him and kill the bugger :D

Falcon_D
Master
Master
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar

Postby Falcon_D » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:54 pm

TorTorden wrote:Well if I'm willing to sacrifice outposts and a few ly range.

I would go with the vette.

The python, hasn't really adapted to well to the new "face tank" paradigm of npc's.
unless you stock up on scb's and heatsinks.

Really?
I managed to face tank a deadly NPC Vette with my Python. And I don't fly with SCBs or heat sinks. Just 5C thermal resist bi-weaves and 4 shield boosters. 2 Heavy duty, 1 thermal resistant and 1 resist.

P.S.: My one and only ship would be the one in my sig. :)

Falcon_D
Master
Master
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar

Postby Falcon_D » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:59 pm

DarkMere wrote:Ah Cobra MkIII. Now if the question was not which ship you would choose to keep, but which ship do you love the most, then yes it would be the Cobra MkIII.

I flew that ship in Elite on the Spectrum and the Atari, although you can't compare the two models except in name only, and in ED the ship is a joy to fly which just adds to the sentimental connection. You just got to love it.

I read on the ED forum several weeks ago, this guy who was complaining that the Cobra's performance should be nerfed compared to the Viper (can't remember if it was Mk3 or 4). Anyway he provided a load of statistical data from the two ships that supposedly proved his point, although it all went clean over my head. I remember thinking, if they took notice of him and did it, I would find him and kill the bugger :D

I'd help you.
I used to love my Cobra (as you can see in my profile pic,) that was until I got my Python. Still have the Cobra MkIII. I take her out when I feel the need for speed and want the weapons, shields and armour.

P.S.: If it weren't for the Cobra I would actually have stopped playing Elite Dangerous after I got my Adder. The Cobra got me hooked on the game.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:05 pm

I don't really like ships with off-center seating. I think I'd probably have the most fun flying around in a Keelback.
It's time to give this another go.

Return to “General Discussion”