Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Improving Combat Skills

Postby uvelius » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:58 pm

Orochimaru wrote:What do you mean by stealth builds?

Ships configured to be good at Silent Running. While you will need to make certain concessions, they are not as dependent on optimizing all modules as other combat-capable builds. Which leaves more room for non-combat focus. Yet, Silent Running is not as effective as it had been.

Falcon_D
Master
Master
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Improving Combat Skills

Postby Falcon_D » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:31 pm

Hello,
I don't PvP (mainly), especially in this game where I really do consider it pointless. However, there are a few things I learnt when I did PvP in other games:
1. You win some, you loose some. Accept this. As a PvE player in this game, you always expect to win. People get pissed if they loose to AI. But in PvP all bets are off.
2. Learn form every fight. Best way is to do a video recording and then review at your own time.
3. Your equipment setup. Read forums and such for the latest and greatest setup.

My PvP experience was mainly with GW2. There were specific PvP builds that people used but by and large that game tried to offer a level playing field. Currently, with RNGineering there is no such thing as a level playing field unless of course you have a god roll ship.

Have fun, fly safe. o7

Return to “General Discussion”