Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: FdL hard points setup

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:41 pm

As Tor says....

On the Python I run

2 x Efficient Beams (Regens)
2 x Rapid fire Multi's (Incendiary,corrosive)
1 x Overcharged PA with bleed through that normally opens the conversation and sometimes finishes it. :D

I ran with the same on the FDL in Beta

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby tinnitus » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:11 pm

JohnLuke wrote:For maximum 'time on target' and kill rate, yup.... I run 4 efficient beams and a huge rapid fire m/c with corrosive on my FDL.

But if you want something a little different that will give you a challenge, use a huge PA (I have one with efficient mod, one with focused that I switch between depending on the power requirements of the rest of my loadout) and either 4 m/c's or 4 pulses.

I have the same setup on the FDL sometimes switch over to 3 MC incendiary/corrosive to boom T9's. After that I went on a Efficient Beam binge and equipped the Cutter with weapons for a change expect for her wing tip HP where I place Focus to me they appear to hit those SFL easier, a vanilla killa is not always the besta :) but with the Cutter am usually Cargo Full take a few hits, blast back, use her speed do a little dance until security arrives then join in on the Anaconda/FDL/Python kill.

Did the Python different overcharged everything not certain what a Golden RNG roll is % wise but the weeks I spent in engineering the Python managed to get to within a point or 2 of the max blue number, I did get a 52% on her Power PLant a ship that doesn't have a PP problem.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Orochimaru
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orochimaruh
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Orochimaru » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:17 pm

tinnitus wrote:
JohnLuke wrote:For maximum 'time on target' and kill rate, yup.... I run 4 efficient beams and a huge rapid fire m/c with corrosive on my FDL.

But if you want something a little different that will give you a challenge, use a huge PA (I have one with efficient mod, one with focused that I switch between depending on the power requirements of the rest of my loadout) and either 4 m/c's or 4 pulses.

I have the same setup on the FDL sometimes switch over to 3 MC incendiary/corrosive to boom T9's. After that I went on a Efficient Beam binge and equipped the Cutter with weapons for a change expect for her wing tip HP where I place Focus to me they appear to hit those SFL easier, a vanilla killa is not always the besta :) but with the Cutter am usually Cargo Full take a few hits, blast back, use her speed do a little dance until security arrives then join in on the Anaconda/FDL/Python kill.

Did the Python different overcharged everything not certain what a Golden RNG roll is % wise but the weeks I spent in engineering the Python managed to get to within a point or 2 of the max blue number, I did get a 52% on her Power PLant a ship that doesn't have a PP problem.
I can always count on you guys. Thanks!

Sent from my LON-L29 using Tapatalk
//"ye meet orochi crazy ass vulture pilot" ^^

Sevin Church
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Sevin Church

Postby Sevin Church » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:07 am

On my FDL I use 3 Eff beams and 2 RF multies (corrosive/incen).

On my Vette I use RF Pulse with the 2 huge being RF multis (same as above).

On my Cutter, I run like a chicken. The ship is crap in a fight, only good for cargo running. :P

Orochimaru
Expert
Expert

Postby Orochimaru » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:18 am

Sevin Church wrote:On my FDL I use 3 Eff beams and 2 RF multies (corrosive/incen).

On my Vette I use RF Pulse with the 2 huge being RF multis (same as above).

On my Cutter, I run like a chicken. The ship is crap in a fight, only good for cargo running. :P
Thank you CMDR Church.

Sent from my LON-L29 using Tapatalk

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:59 am

I go a slightly different route on my vette.

Class 4 fixed efficient beams with heat vent, and rapid fire multi on the rest apart from one with high capacity magazine and corrosive effect.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

William Wolfen
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: William Wolfen

Postby William Wolfen » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:13 pm

I run a huge gimballed multicanon with g5 overcharged and corrosive alongside 4 medium g5 efficient pulse lasers (1 concordant, 1 emissive). Works great. Very long fire time for sustained dps over burst.

My Python is similar with a large mc and 2 large and 2 medium pulses, same engineering on them. Also works great.

My goal with both setups is sustained damage output with low ammo consumption that is easily replaced by synthesis.

Orochimaru
Expert
Expert

Postby Orochimaru » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:25 pm

William Wolfen wrote:I run a huge gimballed multicanon with g5 overcharged and corrosive alongside 4 medium g5 efficient pulse lasers (1 concordant, 1 emissive). Works great. Very long fire time for sustained dps over burst.

My Python is similar with a large mc and 2 large and 2 medium pulses, same engineering on them. Also works great.

My goal with both setups is sustained damage output with low ammo consumption that is easily replaced by synthesis.

Thank you CMDR o7

Return to “General Discussion”