Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Bo_Granger
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Bo Granger
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Who ordered the hit?

Postby Bo_Granger » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:53 am

This is a question I have never got a clear answer to. How do you know who ordered the bounty? I am specifically looking at the faction on the pilot when he has a bounty. Is the faction name who ordered the bounty or is this the faction the criminal belongs to? This becomes important when participating in CG bounty. I have found that all the kills will not be credited toward the CG unless you have the right criminals. Can anyone make sense of this system? The last pic has nothing to do with the other pix...I put it in their to illustrate how the bounties are broken down.
Bounty annouce.jpg
Bounty annouce.jpg (116.91 KiB) Viewed 1680 times
Bounty annouce 3.jpg
Bounty annouce 3.jpg (82.19 KiB) Viewed 1680 times
Bounty annouce 4.jpg
Bounty annouce 4.jpg (225.05 KiB) Viewed 1680 times

Orochimaru
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orochimaruh

Re: Who ordered the hit?

Postby Orochimaru » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:18 pm

Bo_Granger wrote:This is a question I have never got a clear answer to. How do you know who ordered the bounty? I am specifically looking at the faction on the pilot when he has a bounty. Is the faction name who ordered the bounty or is this the faction the criminal belongs to? This becomes important when participating in CG bounty. I have found that all the kills will not be credited toward the CG unless you have the right criminals. Can anyone make sense of this system? The last pic has nothing to do with the other pix...I put it in their to illustrate how the bounties are broken down.
Bounty annouce.jpg
Bounty annouce 3.jpg
Bounty annouce 4.jpg
I would say it's the faction he belongs to. This is what makes sense to me but I have no proof to back my opinion.

Sent from my LON-L29 using Tapatalk
//"ye meet orochi crazy ass vulture pilot" ^^

damon8r351
Novice
Novice
CMDR: damon8r351

Postby damon8r351 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:24 pm

When you have a bounty voucher to turn in, it will say on your Transactions screen something like "25,000 credit bounty in Alliance", which means your target had committed 25,000 credits worth of crimes in Alliance territory and got a bounty placed on his head by the Alliance. So in your example, you have an NPC who is a member of the Syndicate of Maya faction; the faction listed below his name is the one he belongs to. He's committed crimes in territory belonging to the Workers of G 122-50 Free and the Kuk Silver Fortune Company specifically and in the Alliance in general, and got a bounty placed on his head by each of those factions. So to answer the question, the faction listed on the bounty itself is the faction who ordered the hit.

EDIT: Also, in your final picture, you're turning in bounty vouchers for more than just Tim Medcalf. When you turn them in, they get consolidated all together and broken down by like factions, but the answer is the same: the faction listed on the bounty is the one that ordered the hit against the NPC.

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Postby Cometborne » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:11 pm

Orochimaru wrote:I would say it's the faction he belongs to. This is what makes sense to me but I have no proof to back my opinion.

It is pretty easy to prove that this is not the case: Go bounty hunting in Exioce (controlled by OoM) without a KWS, do not attack any wanted ships belonging to OoM, and at the end of the session, you will find that the overwhelming majority of bounties is from OoM.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

Return to “General Discussion”