What is the point of Mobius at the moment ?

Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
wfh
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Nairforce
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

What is the point of Mobius at the moment ?

Postby wfh » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:51 am

Reading through the forums on the beta it would seem that there is no point being on the Mobius 'channel' at the moment. On a short trip today with a fairly insignificant amount of cargo we were attacked 6 times in 15 minutes the last time being totally destroyed. At the end just caught the name 'Dr Jones Frank the V' .

Is this sort of thing going to happen throughout the beta? I am no spring chicken any more and with reduced reactions found this the best place to be. The occasional interdiction is fine especially when given a little time to jettison the required tonnage of cargo but at the moment it is not being the fun it always has been.

Hoping for happier times.

William.

Orochimaru
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orochimaruh

Re: What is the point of Mobius at the moment ?

Postby Orochimaru » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:54 am

wfh wrote:Reading through the forums on the beta it would seem that there is no point being on the Mobius 'channel' at the moment. On a short trip today with a fairly insignificant amount of cargo we were attacked 6 times in 15 minutes the last time being totally destroyed. At the end just caught the name 'Dr Jones Frank the V' .

Is this sort of thing going to happen throughout the beta? I am no spring chicken any more and with reduced reactions found this the best place to be. The occasional interdiction is fine especially when given a little time to jettison the required tonnage of cargo but at the moment it is not being the fun it always has been.

William.
Mobius is a safe place to play. Might not be perfect but is safer that Open.
I am on CG with a mate having fun without being harassed by trolls.

Sent from my LON-L29 using Tapatalk
//"ye meet orochi crazy ass vulture pilot" ^^

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Xebeth » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:11 am

wfh wrote:Reading through the forums on the beta it would seem that there is no point being on the Mobius 'channel' at the moment. On a short trip today with a fairly insignificant amount of cargo we were attacked 6 times in 15 minutes the last time being totally destroyed. At the end just caught the name 'Dr Jones Frank the V' .

William.

If you have been attacked by a player whilst in a Mobius group then please submit an official report using the Contact link, along with evidence (screen shot, video, log entry (if on PC)).

Further, are you sure it was a player?
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

wfh
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Nairforce

Postby wfh » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:18 am

No I am not sure it was a player but think it strange that there were so many attacks in a short space of time. The posts in https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/371748 rather sum up what appears to be happening. 'Griefing' seems to have become a sport for some.

Anyway, I have calmed down a bit now and will give it another go but think I will stick to Missions for a while.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:22 am

Beta is testing various rebuy functions now read the message of the day when you login.

It's for TESTING!.
Not playing.
And if you have cargo npc's will attack you.
And they have been upgraded as well.

I doubt it was a player and if you post your journal I'm sure.
But why would a griefer hound your random trade route when he can login into open and get his rocks off at the cg site.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

AndyB
Master
Master
CMDR: Andy Bulman

Postby AndyB » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:31 am

That must have been an npc, there is no player with the cmdr name beginning 'Dr Jones' in any of our groups, PC or Console
Combat: Elite Trade: Elite Exploration: Elite

Mobius PvE Group Facebook Admin,
Mobius PvE Group Forum Moderator,
Mobius PvE Lead Admin,
Mobius PvE America Lead Admin,
Mobius Factions Assistant Admin,
Mobius PvE Eurasia Assistant Admin,

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Xebeth » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:32 am

Yeh, but that thread doesn't refer to Mobius.

Anyway a quick look through the member list doesn't return a player like the name you mention, so at this time I'm going to suggest it was an NPC, which as Tor suggests are somewhat improved.

Edit: Ninja'd by my own side :P
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Valorin
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Valorin

Postby Valorin » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:53 am

you can just search for the player name in the friends panel in the main menu. If it doesn't show up, it was an NPC
Also, NPCs do things like that. Like following you and interdicting you six times and stuff.
Best high wake to another system and come back then.

Orochimaru
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orochimaruh

Postby Orochimaru » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:21 pm

wfh wrote:No I am not sure it was a player but think it strange that there were so many attacks in a short space of time. The posts in https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/371748 rather sum up what appears to be happening. 'Griefing' seems to have become a sport for some.

Anyway, I have calmed down a bit now and will give it another go but think I will stick to Missions for a while.
The game can be a bitch sometimes, with NPCs just trolling you like real players. Last night I got blown up by a wing of 3 armed to the teeth, while doing cargo runs.

Do something different. There is a lot of money to be made on transport missions, or in Community Goals.

Have fun CMDR

Sent from my LON-L29 using Tapatalk
//"ye meet orochi crazy ass vulture pilot" ^^

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:55 pm

Maybe OP thinks Mobius is a different version of Elite. Like Elite: Safe or something where you are not attacked. At all.

Return to “General Discussion”