Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
DarkMere
Master
Master
CMDR: DarkMere
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Ship Destroyed - Do Not Know Why

Postby DarkMere » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:23 am

A few days ago I picked up a 5000cr dormant bounty in Aeriel from Lavigny Legions for (I think) killing a good guy. I have a feeling the bounty was a little less than 5000cr, but its 5000cr now. It had 3 days left to run.

Incidentally I was playing in the Mobius group.

Today I picked up two passenger missions in Exioce for oom, I dropped off the first mission and the second was to Searle Port, Azrael. I was being landed at the port by computer docking when I noticed things whizzing past me, then a warning that I was under missile attack, and then poof, re-buy screen, it all happened very quick.

Now the bounty with Lavigny Legions is back to 6 days 23 hours and I also have a 115cr Dormant Bounty with oom for the same time period.

I am confused as to why this happened, can anyone shed any light?

AndyB
Master
Master
CMDR: Andy Bulman
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Ship Destroyed - Do Not Know Why

Postby AndyB » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:15 am

DarkMere wrote:A few days ago I picked up a 5000cr dormant bounty in Aeriel from Lavigny Legions for (I think) killing a good guy. I have a feeling the bounty was a little less than 5000cr, but its 5000cr now. It had 3 days left to run.

Incidentally I was playing in the Mobius group.

Today I picked up two passenger missions in Exioce for oom, I dropped off the first mission and the second was to Searle Port, Azrael. I was being landed at the port by computer docking when I noticed things whizzing past me, then a warning that I was under missile attack, and then poof, re-buy screen, it all happened very quick.

Now the bounty with Lavigny Legions is back to 6 days 23 hours and I also have a 115cr Dormant Bounty with oom for the same time period.

I am confused as to why this happened, can anyone shed any light?

what platform are you on? if PC then you can check your journal log for that play session to see what happened.

The Player Journal logs (sometimes called Captains Log) can be found in your Saved Games folder and they contain a lot of useful log lines that record certain actions while you are playing.

The usual location for this folder will be here: C:\Users\%userprofile%\Saved Games\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous (Paste this into the Windows Explorer address bar).

Occasionally the customer service team may request this log to help diagnose issues with Elite Dangerous.
Combat: Elite Trade: Elite Exploration: Elite

Mobius PvE Group Facebook Admin,
Mobius PvE Group Forum Moderator,
Mobius PvE Lead Admin,
Mobius PvE America Lead Admin,
Mobius Factions Assistant Admin,
Mobius PvE Eurasia Assistant Admin,

DarkMere
Master
Master

Postby DarkMere » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:04 am

Thanks, I found the reinvent section.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
{ "timestamp":"2017-08-09T05:39:27Z", "event":"ReceiveText", "From":"Searle Port", "Message":"$STATION_NoFireZone_entered;", "Message_Localised":"No fire zone entered.", "Channel":"npc" }
{ "timestamp":"2017-08-09T05:39:31Z", "event":"DockingRequested", "StationName":"Searle Port" }
{ "timestamp":"2017-08-09T05:39:31Z", "event":"ReceiveText", "From":"Searle Port", "Message":"$DockingChatter_Allied;", "Message_Localised":"An ally like you is always welcome here.", "Channel":"npc" }
{ "timestamp":"2017-08-09T05:39:33Z", "event":"ReceiveText", "From":"Searle Port", "Message":"$STATION_docking_granted;", "Message_Localised":"Docking request granted.", "Channel":"npc" }
{ "timestamp":"2017-08-09T05:39:33Z", "event":"DockingGranted", "LandingPad":9, "StationName":"Searle Port" }
{ "timestamp":"2017-08-09T05:40:09Z", "event":"ReceiveText", "From":"Searle Port", "Message":"$StationAggressorResponseMessage;", "Message_Localised":"Hostility logged, lethal response authorised.", "Channel":"npc" }
{ "timestamp":"2017-08-09T05:40:09Z", "event":"ReceiveText", "From":"Searle Port", "Message":"$DockingFailed_Hostile;", "Message_Localised":"Criminals have no docking privileges, lethal response authorised", "Channel":"npc" }
{ "timestamp":"2017-08-09T05:40:09Z", "event":"DockingDenied", "Reason":"Hostile", "StationName":"Searle Port" }
{ "timestamp":"2017-08-09T05:40:09Z", "event":"ShieldState", "ShieldsUp":false }
{ "timestamp":"2017-08-09T05:40:09Z", "event":"CommitCrime", "CrimeType":"assault", "Faction":"The Order of Mobius", "Victim":"$missileskimmer_name;", "Victim_Localised":"Guardian", "Bounty":155 }
{ "timestamp":"2017-08-09T05:40:10Z", "event":"HullDamage", "Health":0.797944, "PlayerPilot":true, "Fighter":false }
{ "timestamp":"2017-08-09T05:40:11Z", "event":"HullDamage", "Health":0.595888, "PlayerPilot":true, "Fighter":false }
{ "timestamp":"2017-08-09T05:40:11Z", "event":"HullDamage", "Health":0.373626, "PlayerPilot":true, "Fighter":false }
{ "timestamp":"2017-08-09T05:40:11Z", "event":"HullDamage", "Health":0.171568, "PlayerPilot":true, "Fighter":false }
{ "timestamp":"2017-08-09T05:40:12Z", "event":"Died" }
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

At time stamp "timestamp":"2017-08-09T05:40:09Z" it says that hostility was logged, was this from someone else or is it saying I was being hostile. Impossible to be me (a) I have no weapons of any type and (b) I was sat drinking coffee while the docking computer took me in. Is this a case for a bug report?

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:40 am

Sounds like the raining skimmer bug to me. But either way I think it's a bug report.

The-Dead-Meat
Novice
Novice
CMDR: The-Dead-Meat

Postby The-Dead-Meat » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:40 am

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:13 am

Yup quite deadly indeed.

Since any impact between a ship and a skimmer will power off both shields and thrusters regardless of how powerful a ship you are flying.

5k mw cutter or stock sidey, shields go down and you fall.
Thrusters come back in a few seconds but usually just after you have made friends vigorously with the big beige thing.

Now add on that the settlements local sheriff takes it super personal, as if you ran over his beloved pet skimmer and screams "FIRE ALL THE L4ZORS!"

So there you are. No shields. No thrusters and a settlement in absolute murder mode.
Dear fd...

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

DarkMere
Master
Master

Postby DarkMere » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:38 am

Thanks people, its good to understand what happened, however still one things I still not not understand. Why was my dormant bounty in Aeriel from Lavigny Legions reset?

Also makes you think twice before you take any planetary landings until its fixed

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Postby Cometborne » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:42 am

DarkMere wrote:{ "timestamp":"2017-08-09T05:40:09Z", "event":"CommitCrime", "CrimeType":"assault", "Faction":"The Order of Mobius", "Victim":"$missileskimmer_name;", "Victim_Localised":"Guardian", "Bounty":155 }

Is this a case for a bug report?

That is the skimmer bug indeed. You can add yet another entry to the bug report thread, but it is more important to create a support ticket so you can get your rebuy back, the bounty cleared, and if you lost crew, support can resurrect them. Go to https://support.frontier.co.uk/kb/faq.php?id=402 and click on 'open a ticket' for 'Elite Dangerous' / Windows/XBox/PS4 as appropriate, Lost Items, Lost In-Game Assets. This will again throw some pointless KB suggestions at you, ignore them and hit the 'open ticket' button. Fill out the form, and some time later, you will get a mail and compensation.

In marked contrast to the QA people monitoring the bug forum, the support wing that deals with the tickets is actually useful and not responsible for the "let's make it as convoluted and confusing as possible to open a ticket" design of the support page.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

DarkMere
Master
Master

Postby DarkMere » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:57 am

Thanks Comet, have done that now. I was lucky at the time I was in a very low value ship, just under 3 mill buyback cost, but I am more ticked off with the two bounties.

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Postby Cometborne » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:58 am

DarkMere wrote:Why was my dormant bounty in Aeriel from Lavigny Legions reset?

Game design decision: Death turns all active bounties into dormant bounties with a seven day timer, and resets all timers on all dormant bounties to seven days as well. It is probably intended to discourage people from simply using a suicide winder to convert active into dormant bounties. Of course, this does not stop people from simply getting rid of active and dormant bounties by using a suicide winder

In other words, another case of "Frontier: What[,] were you thinking".

DarkMere wrote:Also makes you think twice before you take any planetary landings until its fixed

Without a docking computer, it is easy to avoid the skimmers:
  1. End your glide well short of the port (>10 km out), approach at half throttle at 100m above ground.
  2. Request docking as soon as you reach the 7500m line.
  3. Come to an immediate full stop as soon as the "no fire zone entered" message appears.
  4. Go to external camera, zoom in to keep the port and its surroundings in view.
  5. Wait for the skimmers to fall and bounce off the ground. Optional appropriate music
  6. As soon as you see skimmers patrolling at normal height, complete your approach and land.

I have done several dozens planetary landings with this technique, and did not end up on the rebuy screen.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

Return to “General Discussion”