Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Sinvious
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Sinvious
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

modular terminals...

Postby Sinvious » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:50 am

so I'm trying to find 25 modular terminals to finally unlock Qwent after grinding out Sirius rep, am I safe to assume that the items in question are from mission rewards only? cant seem to find any market that sells em :?

LeDoyen
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Le Doyen

Re: modular terminals...

Postby LeDoyen » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:27 am

mission reward only yes.
check the factions you're allied with, and see what they offer as mission rewards. It shouldn't take long to stack em.
with a few cargo runs on a python, i unlocked qwent in like an hour

Sinvious
Competent
Competent

Postby Sinvious » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:24 am

after this I'm going back to BH, ive had my fill of missions for quite a while...

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Relix Typhon » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:40 am

I got them at the boom data grinding spots. Stacking 20 at a time. Got em within a couple of hours. And was earning rank at the same time

smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)

Postby smartroad » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:40 am

Sinvious wrote:so I'm trying to find 25 modular terminals to finally unlock Qwent after grinding out Sirius rep, am I safe to assume that the items in question are from mission rewards only? cant seem to find any market that sells em :?

I gave up, I checked loads of missions over different systems and none of them offered mod terms :( This is the reason I have given up on Elite, some people have said they can get them easy, but only because the RNG god was kind to them. It hates me, I get cr*p roles in engineers, stingy mission rewards, no missions I want to do (why can't I register at a port that I am interested available to do search and rescue missions, I have no interest in moving your coffee for peanuts - for heavens sake do you really think I got this Anaconda doing that?!). I mean I am only two ranks from being Elite, and about the same level in exploration, combat and trade! Give me some credit for being a highly ranked pilot and give me rewards that match it. Offering me less than 10,000CR to move cargo is an insult.

Sorry, ranting at a tangent lol
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

DarkMere
Master
Master
CMDR: DarkMere

Postby DarkMere » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:59 am

smartroad wrote:
Sinvious wrote:so I'm trying to find 25 modular terminals to finally unlock Qwent after grinding out Sirius rep, am I safe to assume that the items in question are from mission rewards only? cant seem to find any market that sells em :?

I gave up, I checked loads of missions over different systems and none of them offered mod terms :( This is the reason I have given up on Elite, some people have said they can get them easy, but only because the RNG god was kind to them. It hates me, I get cr*p roles in engineers, stingy mission rewards, no missions I want to do (why can't I register at a port that I am interested available to do search and rescue missions, I have no interest in moving your coffee for peanuts - for heavens sake do you really think I got this Anaconda doing that?!). I mean I am only two ranks from being Elite, and about the same level in exploration, combat and trade! Give me some credit for being a highly ranked pilot and give me rewards that match it. Offering me less than 10,000CR to move cargo is an insult.

I understand your comments, but from my perspective, I take a different slant on it. Once you get to a certain point in the game, and you are clearly at that point (I think), you have all the ships you want, you have enough credits behind you not to worry about buyback costs, and almost any mission pays more than your overhead costs. So the point I am making is what does it matter if they only pay 10,000CR as long as you are progressing in the game. I mean what do you need the extra credits for, they only stack up and stack up and do nothing else?

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:34 am

I got 90% of the ones I needed just doing the unlock for the Sirius permit, and the rest quickly after that just running a few missions in the same area. Boom states seem to offer them more often.

smartroad wrote:I gave up, I checked loads of missions over different systems and none of them offered mod terms :( This is the reason I have given up on Elite, some people have said they can get them easy, but only because the RNG god was kind to them. It hates me, I get cr*p roles in engineers, stingy mission rewards, no missions I want to do (why can't I register at a port that I am interested available to do search and rescue missions, I have no interest in moving your coffee for peanuts - for heavens sake do you really think I got this Anaconda doing that?!). I mean I am only two ranks from being Elite, and about the same level in exploration, combat and trade! Give me some credit for being a highly ranked pilot and give me rewards that match it. Offering me less than 10,000CR to move cargo is an insult.

Mission rewards are not tied to your rank, they are tied to your reputation with the local factions, if you want better missions you need to increase your rep.

I regularly see 1M+ haulage missions for the order, and passenger missions for several million.

It looks like search and rescue is going to be an actual thing in 2.4.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Sinvious
Competent
Competent

Postby Sinvious » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:57 am

Xebeth wrote:

I got 90% of the ones I needed just doing the unlock for the Sirius permit, and the rest quickly after that just running a few missions in the same area. Boom states seem to offer them more often.

smartroad wrote:I gave up, I checked loads of missions over different systems and none of them offered mod terms :( This is the reason I have given up on Elite, some people have said they can get them easy, but only because the RNG god was kind to them. It hates me, I get cr*p roles in engineers, stingy mission rewards, no missions I want to do (why can't I register at a port that I am interested available to do search and rescue missions, I have no interest in moving your coffee for peanuts - for heavens sake do you really think I got this Anaconda doing that?!). I mean I am only two ranks from being Elite, and about the same level in exploration, combat and trade! Give me some credit for being a highly ranked pilot and give me rewards that match it. Offering me less than 10,000CR to move cargo is an insult.

Mission rewards are not tied to your rank, they are tied to your reputation with the local factions, if you want better missions you need to increase your rep.

I regularly see 1M+ haulage missions for the order, and passenger missions for several million.

It looks like search and rescue is going to be an actual thing in 2.4.
I finally got em all, just went back to OoM space and got them relatively quick since there are quite a few OoM held systems and being allied got me some great rewards, now I'm going to relax and do some mining for my next engineer unlock lol

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Return to “General Discussion”