Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Lexus666
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Lexus666
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Tresspessing bo**ocks!

Postby Lexus666 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:38 am

I've manually docked hundreds time without any problems until today. Clayakarma, I lost 3 Vultures tonight. Everytime, I made the request and it was granted, told to use Pad whatever, go into the slot and "You are trespassing you have 1:22 etc." Do you get 1:22, do you f*ck, 3 ships with homing missiles kill me in about 10 seconds.
Before you p*ss your pants and tell me to go to another station, I have 5 kill missions to hand in and I can't do that so obviously I have docked there without issues before.

What did I do get killed that I didn't 100s of times before?

Regards

Annoyed!

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Re: Tresspessing bo**ocks!

Postby TorTorden » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:59 am

Sounds a bit like server hickups, should be able to get your insurance refunded if you file a ticket.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:56 pm

Servers have been a bit twitchy lately; I shot at a ship (in a wing of 3) they my wingman had already engaged but it showed as clean to me so I got a fine. Then he became wanted and when I killed him I got a 6 day bounty. But I also *think* I got the reward for killing him.

I've pieced all this together as it happened very quickly and I was uber confused. I'll have to check my logs for receiving his bounty tho.

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Postby Cometborne » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:16 pm

"Getting a bounty for attacking a wanted ship" is also one of the entries on the official known bugs list. Due to the P2P architecture, issues with the communication between the clients of the wing or MC members can also cause strange effects like NPCs being wanted for the pilot but not for the gunner, etc. Your best defence is to always have some kind of video recording software with a replay buffer running. I originally used Nvidia's Shadowplay for this, but kicked that when it became mandatory to log in to Nvidia's server to record a local video. I am now using the free OBS Studio, and if something strange happens, I just hit F11 and can review things. And if I suspect that a bug or communication snafu cost me money, the video is good evidence for the "lost in-game assets" support ticket.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

Relix Typhon
Master
Master

Postby Relix Typhon » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:43 pm

Thanks Cometborne.
About recording software, I've been meaning to look into it (I too removed shadowplay because of the login) is the one built into Windows 10 any good?

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Postby Cometborne » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:52 pm

I have not looked into the Windows recording software because I cannot be sure how much of my recording is "phoned home". To put it bluntly, I trust the maker of OBS Studio more than I trust Microsoft.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

Relix Typhon
Master
Master

Postby Relix Typhon » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:04 pm

I know what you mean :D I just have that much running as part of ED, I even wrote a batch file so it opens all the programs with one double click :lol:
I have the creators edition trying to install which means all the telemetry will turn itself back on along with most of the settings returning to default :roll:

Greylock3491
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Greylock3491

Postby Greylock3491 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:19 pm

RD-83 wrote:Thanks Cometborne.
About recording software, I've been meaning to look into it (I too removed shadowplay because of the login) is the one built into Windows 10 any good?

Try the free OBS software - I use it a lot to record gameplay (both for Windows Games and using Elgato for consoles) and it only takes a few minutes to setup - setting your default video directory and format to .MP4 are two things I suggest before recording for the first time :-)

Return to “General Discussion”