JustSomeGuy
Master
Master
CMDR: Murhapuro
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Tested ship transfer costs

Postby JustSomeGuy » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:38 pm

Allright, time for a highly scientific test with no flaws at all :lol:

So.. My quest was to see which is cheapest; to transfer a ship with A rated modules installed, or cheapest E rated modules installed and A rated sent separately, or smallest class and E rated modules that can be fitted to the ship and A rated (normal size) sent separately again. 'Core Internal' modules only, all other modules as they were when the ships were bought.

I bought three Type-6 ships. One I A rated, one stayed completely stock and the last one downgraded as much as possible, meaning smallest and cheapest modules.

I travelled 267.46 LYs away from the station I bought the ships.
The time to deliver ship or ship + modules is the same, no difference. 49 minutes in this case.
- The cost of sending A rated ship only was 72'179 cr.
- The cost of sending E rated ship + A modules separately was 73'532 cr.
- The cost of sending low class E rated ship + A modules separately was 72'827 cr.

So in this case it was cheapest to transfer the ship with those A modules installed.
Remember that only 'core internal' modules were touched in this test.

Next I tried with an old ASP that was not in default condition, a ship made of "whatever" parts. Compared the costs of transfer as a whole, and in parts when only removing parts that come off without need of replacements. That means removing all modules but 'core internal' modules.

- Ship transfer as a whole, 196'165 cr for 70.47 LY. 16 minutes.
- Ship transfer as stripped, modules sent separately, 197'558 cr for 70.47 LY. 16 minutes.

So it looks like there is no savings in transferring the ship in parts, quite the opposite. The difference is small, but so were the distances. On a long distance transfer it starts to matter, like between SOL bubble and Colonia.
I play on PC, in the Mobius PVE Eurasia group.

Orochimaru
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orochimaruh
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Tested ship transfer costs

Postby Orochimaru » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:10 am

JustSomeGuy wrote:Allright, time for a highly scientific test with no flaws at all

So.. My quest was to see which is cheapest; to transfer a ship with A rated modules installed, or cheapest E rated modules installed and A rated sent separately, or smallest class and E rated modules that can be fitted to the ship and A rated (normal size) sent separately again. 'Core Internal' modules only, all other modules as they were when the ships were bought.

I bought three Type-6 ships. One I A rated, one stayed completely stock and the last one downgraded as much as possible, meaning smallest and cheapest modules.

I travelled 267.46 LYs away from the station I bought the ships.
The time to deliver ship or ship + modules is the same, no difference. 49 minutes in this case.
- The cost of sending A rated ship only was 72'179 cr.
- The cost of sending E rated ship + A modules separately was 73'532 cr.
- The cost of sending low class E rated ship + A modules separately was 72'827 cr.

So in this case it was cheapest to transfer the ship with those A modules installed.
Remember that only 'core internal' modules were touched in this test.

Next I tried with an old ASP that was not in default condition, a ship made of "whatever" parts. Compared the costs of transfer as a whole, and in parts when only removing parts that come off without need of replacements. That means removing all modules but 'core internal' modules.

- Ship transfer as a whole, 196'165 cr for 70.47 LY. 16 minutes.
- Ship transfer as stripped, modules sent separately, 197'558 cr for 70.47 LY. 16 minutes.

So it looks like there is no savings in transferring the ship in parts, quite the opposite. The difference is small, but so were the distances. On a long distance transfer it starts to matter, like between SOL bubble and Colonia.

Great info.
Thanks for sharing.
o7

Sent from my LON-L29 using Tapatalk
//"ye meet orochi crazy ass vulture pilot" ^^

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Postby Cometborne » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:31 am

JustSomeGuy wrote:So it looks like there is no savings in transferring the ship in parts, quite the opposite. The difference is small, but so were the distances. On a long distance transfer it starts to matter, like between SOL bubble and Colonia.

Thanks for the tests. When doing module transfers, the game recently started showing the transfer fee as a percentage of the module price. My guess is that the ship transfer fees work the same way. And that would explain why shipping the ship and its expensive parts separately costs more: The replacement parts also have a value.

So if you are thinking about shipping ships to Colonia, you should reduce the total value that is being shipped. The LYR rebate (15% off everything in exploited systems) and the Mahon rebate (20% off cargo racks and hull reinforcements in control systems only) are the most obvious ones. There are a couple one-off rebates listed in various threads on the FDev forum. There is an additional rebate of 2.5% off everything everywhere if you have reached elite rank in any role, and that stacks with the other rebates.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

The-Dead-Meat
Novice
Novice
CMDR: The-Dead-Meat

Postby The-Dead-Meat » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:46 am

Will also point out that re-buy is based on the 'overall cost' of the ship with all its modules at the time of purchase. So if you made elite after having purchased expensive ships/modules selling the ship and/or modules and re-buying with the elite rank plus whatever other discounts will be reflected in the re-buy/shipping costs. This is especially important with larger ships and expensive modules as the 2.5% elite discount reduces the bottom line of the 'overall cost'.

When selling a ship you will loss 10% of the 'overall cost' of the ship (including all fitted modules), so make sure you sell/store modules first to reduce the overall cost of the ship before selling it. When selling/storing 'core' modules replacement E-rated modules will automatically be added by outfitting but strip everything else out. If its not an essential part of the ship sell/store it first (store those engineered modules).

It is worth figuring out if selling your ship and losing 10% is more then the chance of facing the re-buy screen. If your anything like me I run into 'things' way too often (22 re-buys and counting).

JustSomeGuy
Master
Master
CMDR: Murhapuro

Postby JustSomeGuy » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:09 am

Cometborne wrote:So if you are thinking about shipping ships to Colonia, you should reduce the total value that is being shipped. The LYR rebate (15% off everything in exploited systems) and the Mahon rebate (20% off cargo racks and hull reinforcements in control systems only) are the most obvious ones. There are a couple one-off rebates listed in various threads on the FDev forum. There is an additional rebate of 2.5% off everything everywhere if you have reached elite rank in any role, and that stacks with the other rebates.

I had completely forgotten the Mahon rebate, after hitting Elite it's just too easy to get anything I need from Jameson Memorial with 10% off. And the 2.5% Elite status discount is something I did not even know about. Nor the one-offs, I rarely visit the FD forums.

I'm thinking that Jameson Memorial is just too easy, I've had all my ships there for a long time now and it's something I don't really like, but then again it is just so convenient.. All modules at one station with discounts.. One more "reason" for the "things why I have to clear my save" -list. :D

Only a couple things holding me back this time, one is that I have all engineers unlocked, and the other is that I want a new cmdr name, and I really have no idea what would be the new one. I know it's pretty much meaningless in the end but still I want it to be good enough so that it won't be bugging me.

Had a third reason too, Imperial King and Federal Admiral ranks, only because of the ship unlocks and permits. But I don't think I'll be needing those Imperial or Federal ships for anything as there are plenty of good ships outside the grind wall. Sure, the Cutter has the most cargo space, but T9 will do the job just fine while looking great. FDS, FAS, FGS, Clipper, tried some of them long time ago, but for some reason never really got along with them. Corvette is a nice combat ship, but I'll do just as badly with Anaconda. Combat just gets so boring fast, never had Elite status in it and I've played since launch. Trade Elite has always been way easiest for me, but now when exploration rewards were buffed I'm sure it'll be very fast too.

Well.. that went off-topic fast.. sorry about that.
I play on PC, in the Mobius PVE Eurasia group.

Hrdina
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Hrdina

Postby Hrdina » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:05 am

JustSomeGuy wrote:
Cometborne wrote:So if you are thinking about shipping ships to Colonia, you should reduce the total value that is being shipped. The LYR rebate (15% off everything in exploited systems) and the Mahon rebate (20% off cargo racks and hull reinforcements in control systems only) are the most obvious ones. There are a couple one-off rebates listed in various threads on the FDev forum. There is an additional rebate of 2.5% off everything everywhere if you have reached elite rank in any role, and that stacks with the other rebates.

And the 2.5% Elite status discount is something I did not even know about. Nor the one-offs, I rarely visit the FD forums.

This is the first I have heard of that Elite-rank rebate as well. Nice.
Jameson & Son are my copilots

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:16 am

Hrdina wrote:
JustSomeGuy wrote:

And the 2.5% Elite status discount is something I did not even know about. Nor the one-offs, I rarely visit the FD forums.

This is the first I have heard of that Elite-rank rebate as well. Nice.

It's not as huge as it used to be, since we got the Li-yong 15% rebate that is open to everyone.
Used to be the only discounted system was Shinrarta and you needed to be Elite to gain the permit.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Aillas
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Aillas

Postby Aillas » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:41 am

I must admit, transferring a combat ready Federal Corvette across just a few jumps costs roughly half the ~12 million REBUY...

They charge a pretty penny for moving our stuff.

b00st3d
Novice
Novice
CMDR: b00st3d

Postby b00st3d » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:03 pm

Aillas wrote:I must admit, transferring a combat ready Federal Corvette across just a few jumps costs roughly half the ~12 million REBUY...

They charge a pretty penny for moving our stuff.

That's because it includes a 'corvette tax'

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:21 pm

Same as all the big ships.......

It carries a "Look at the size of my penis" tax.............

:D

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Return to “General Discussion”