Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Jeffers2112
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Jasper Randall
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Visiting the Thargoids

Postby Jeffers2112 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:56 pm

Went to HIP 19026 yesterday, and today I've been to HIP 14909 (in fact, I'm still on the planet)
The first location was pretty quiet.
But on arriving at HIP 14909 I picked up a distress call, and found a wrecked ship ( I think it's a Federation capital ship) in orbit around planet 1, with the typical damage and green cloud around it.
I've now gone to the site on the second planet and it's a lot more active than the first one I visited, there were a few other commanders there too and I think that some have been inside the alien structure. None of the entrances were open when I was there, I think it needs certain materials to be carried by the visiting CMDRs....
I'll take another look later. Interesting times, eh?
Things had better not get nasty, as I'm in my unarmed exploration Asp Explorer.

ChiefRedCloud
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: ChiefRedCloud
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Visiting the Thargoids

Postby ChiefRedCloud » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:09 pm

Jeffers2112 wrote:Went to HIP 19026 yesterday, and today I've been to HIP 14909 (in fact, I'm still on the planet)
The first location was pretty quiet.
But on arriving at HIP 14909 I picked up a distress call, and found a wrecked ship ( I think it's a Federation capital ship) in orbit around planet 1, with the typical damage and green cloud around it.
I've now gone to the site on the second planet and it's a lot more active than the first one I visited, there were a few other commanders there too and I think that some have been inside the alien structure. None of the entrances were open when I was there, I think it needs certain materials to be carried by the visiting CMDRs....
I'll take another look later. Interesting times, eh?
Things had better not get nasty, as I'm in my unarmed exploration Asp Explorer.

It takes three different alien items I believe to open the doors. Or perhaps that is to activate it. Not sure. Maybe just one of them to get through the door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blazingmaniac
Expert
Expert
CMDR: blazing

Re: Visiting the Thargoids

Postby blazingmaniac » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:22 pm

3 items are to activate what's inside.
To open the door I have been using a UA. Not sure if other items will do it as well though. This needs to be in the cargo hold of the SRV and when you approach the door will open for you.

Also there is a bug (shock horror I know!!) that if you try and transfer an Unknown Probe from your ship to the SRV then it will crash the game back to the main menu. This has been reported already. The way around it is to land then jettison it from the ship then swap to the SRV and go collect it.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:37 pm

blazingmaniac wrote:3 items are to activate what's inside.
To open the door I have been using a UA. Not sure if other items will do it as well though. This needs to be in the cargo hold of the SRV and when you approach the door will open for you.

Also there is a bug (shock horror I know!!) that if you try and transfer an Unknown Probe from your ship to the SRV then it will crash the game back to the main menu. This has been reported already. The way around it is to land then jettison it from the ship then swap to the SRV and go collect it.

Huh.
I have been transferring UA's back and forth several times last night, no crashes.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

blazingmaniac
Expert
Expert
CMDR: blazing

Postby blazingmaniac » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:39 pm

TorTorden wrote:
blazingmaniac wrote:3 items are to activate what's inside.

Huh.
I have been transferring UA's back and forth several times last night, no crashes.

Yeah the UA's are fine. It is only the Unknown Probes that cause it. All other Unknown Items seem to be ok. Here's the bug report on it.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... cargo-hold

Return to “General Discussion”