Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Sinvious
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Sinvious
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Thargoid Encounter

Postby Sinvious » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:07 am

so I was on my way from LP 28-9 to Maia when I had my encounter, actually 4 encounters in a row, happened every time I tried to jump to Arietis Sector ZO-A B1, not sure if that's a trigger system but for those who haven't had an encounter yet id say its a good spot to check out, good luck!

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Thargoid Encounter

Postby Relix Typhon » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:10 am

93 jumps I did around the Pleiades last night for naught. It's FDevs awesome RNG system (not)working as usual...

uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby uvelius » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:25 am

Your best bet, if you want to face an alien ship, are the Barnacles. The alien ship (note: Not necessarily a Thargoid) appears there in irregular intervals to "harvest" (as it seems) the Barnies.
To enhance your chances for an alien encounter, you might consider heavy mode switching between Solo and Private Group(s). I had two encounters yesterday evening, after a lot of mode switching. In my case, every encounter followed close to the log-in/during approach, so i am not sure whether waiting at the site actually helps.
Oh one encounter followed directly when I approached the Barnacle site (shown as "Unknown Barnacle" in you Nav panel).
System/Planet/Coords:
Pleiades Sector OI-T C3-7 A 6
-42.7785 -21.7142

Details:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... ost5575815

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby tinnitus » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:25 pm

Thanks for the info appears that I'm not to far from that location but no encounter. Busy out here over 8000 Ships according to the Traffic reports.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Return to “General Discussion”