Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
DarkMere
Master
Master
CMDR: DarkMere
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Back inside the fantastic Cobra

Postby DarkMere » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:18 am

So I got my nice shiny new Anaconda, some may say I am over cautious but I never use a ship unless I have enough credits to cover the insurance x2. So I bought the Anaconda and fitted it out the way I wanted, but I had miscalculated the cost and I was 3mill short of my insurance x2. So the only ships I could use where I had more than x2 insurance were my AspX and my little Cobra Mk III which I have not used for ages. I did not want to use the Asp as that is kitted out for deep space only, so it was down to the Cobra to use for a couple of hours, to bring my credits up to place where I could use my other ships. I was dying to play with my new toy but I resisted the urge. :)

Now for the last two weeks I have been using my Beluga exclusively except for a couple of hours in the Res with JL a few days ago. So it was a sudden change from the Beluga to the Cobra.

Wow did I have so much fun using the Cobra! It felt like the space version of a very fast Go-Kart. What I thought was going to be a couple of hours of a PITA was really enjoyable. I had forgotten just how much of a great little ship it really is and for its size it has a fair cargo hold too. There was a time when my Cobra was the only ship I had, and you kind of take it for granted. I think its one of the best ships in game.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Back inside the fantastic Cobra

Postby TorTorden » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:14 am

Conda is going to feel like a truck without power steering after the cobra;)
As for cashflow
Easy fix.

Sell the beluga.
It's a worthless, worthless ship.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Orochimaru
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orochimaruh

Postby Orochimaru » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:45 am

DarkMere wrote:So I got my nice shiny new Anaconda, some may say I am over cautious but I never use a ship unless I have enough credits to cover the insurance x2. So I bought the Anaconda and fitted it out the way I wanted, but I had miscalculated the cost and I was 3mill short of my insurance x2. So the only ships I could use where I had more than x2 insurance were my AspX and my little Cobra Mk III which I have not used for ages. I did not want to use the Asp as that is kitted out for deep space only, so it was down to the Cobra to use for a couple of hours, to bring my credits up to place where I could use my other ships. I was dying to play with my new toy but I resisted the urge. :)

Now for the last two weeks I have been using my Beluga exclusively except for a couple of hours in the Res with JL a few days ago. So it was a sudden change from the Beluga to the Cobra.

Wow did I have so much fun using the Cobra! It felt like the space version of a very fast Go-Kart. What I thought was going to be a couple of hours of a PITA was really enjoyable. I had forgotten just how much of a great little ship it really is and for its size it has a fair cargo hold too. There was a time when my Cobra was the only ship I had, and you kind of take it for granted. I think its one of the best ships in game.

As the Cobra was the only ship for the first elite game, I want to fly something different.
I am having much fun with the big-arsed Vulture but I am inclined to try the Cobra.

Why do you say the Cobra is such a nice ship?

Sent from my LON-L29 using Tapatalk
//"ye meet orochi crazy ass vulture pilot" ^^

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly

Postby TorTorden » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:50 am

Cause he's been flying a tour bus the past two weeks.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Orochimaru
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orochimaruh

Postby Orochimaru » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:00 am

TorTorden wrote:Cause he's been flying a tour bus the past two weeks.

I was told it's a Double decker bus

Sent from my LON-L29 using Tapatalk
//"ye meet orochi crazy ass vulture pilot" ^^

DarkMere
Master
Master
CMDR: DarkMere
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby DarkMere » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:26 am

Orochimaru wrote:Why do you say the Cobra is such a nice ship?

Well firstly you cannot compare the Cobra MkIII from earlier Elite games to the one in this game. However I do like to keep the Cobra because of the sentimental reason of flying one in the earlier games.

As to why I like it so much is because its such a great multi-purpose ship at the price range. It has the same amount of bang for the buck as the Python. You should buy one and try it, you may fall in love :)

Oh forgot to add in my first post, I flew it for 2 hours and had to pay 60cr in maintenance lol My other ships cost that much just for taking them outside the airlock. Out of interest if anyone is reading this in the bigger ships. Which ship is the worst one for maintenance. Is it based on ship value or ship size? As my Python seems to run up the same costs as the Beluga.

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Postby Cometborne » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:01 pm

DarkMere wrote:Out of interest if anyone is reading this in the bigger ships. Which ship is the worst one for maintenance. Is it based on ship value or ship size? As my Python seems to run up the same costs as the Beluga.

From some googling, it looks to be based on module (not hull!) cost at game load, and integrity drops in proportion to SC distance travelled. Which means that when I return from LST, I will check the integrity repair cost of my cutter is, then store the 8A fuel scoop, quit to desktop, load the game again, and check what the integrity repair cost is then.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly

Postby TorTorden » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:11 pm

Cometborne wrote:
DarkMere wrote:Out of interest if anyone is reading this in the bigger ships. Which ship is the worst one for maintenance. Is it based on ship value or ship size? As my Python seems to run up the same costs as the Beluga.

From some googling, it looks to be based on module (not hull!) cost at game load, and integrity drops in proportion to SC distance travelled. Which means that when I return from LST, I will check the integrity repair cost of my cutter is, then store the 8A fuel scoop, quit to desktop, load the game again, and check what the integrity repair cost is then.

I remember the good old days where repairing your paint for 10cr would also fix your ship integrity.
I don't think that got fixed until 2.2 or 2.3 even..

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Greylock3491
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Greylock3491

Postby Greylock3491 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:17 pm

DarkMere wrote:So I got my nice shiny new Anaconda, some may say I am over cautious but I never use a ship unless I have enough credits to cover the insurance x2. So I bought the Anaconda and fitted it out the way I wanted, but I had miscalculated the cost and I was 3mill short of my insurance x2. So the only ships I could use where I had more than x2 insurance were my AspX and my little Cobra Mk III which I have not used for ages. I did not want to use the Asp as that is kitted out for deep space only, so it was down to the Cobra to use for a couple of hours, to bring my credits up to place where I could use my other ships. I was dying to play with my new toy but I resisted the urge. :)

The Cobra is awesome but...

... did you see the CG's going on the last few days - easy money!

I got to 75% & $6.89 million delivering around 200 tons (note - I have not checked to see if it's still going since 10am EDT his morning - might have ended)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhKuB5F50wA

Greylock3491
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Greylock3491

Postby Greylock3491 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:36 pm

Update - it's still going but nearly done

Update 2 - it's still going - just got to 900 tons on my PC account which is 13 mill but will likely bump up to 18 tonight when it completes.

Return to “General Discussion”