Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Pam Demonium
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Pam Demonium
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Back inside the fantastic Cobra

Postby Pam Demonium » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:12 am

Im sure out here, we dont even have CGs. Oh darn.

I can not say a bad thing about the Cobra III. Its a nice puddle jumper, and general runabout.
Dont own one no mo, the DBX gets me around, but it I need to haul something, somewhere, Ill go buy a Cobra III.
When I was in EvE, I named all shuttles "Zippy Dodah", that is now my Cobra name here.

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Postby Cometborne » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:44 am

Cometborne wrote:
DarkMere wrote:Out of interest if anyone is reading this in the bigger ships. Which ship is the worst one for maintenance. Is it based on ship value or ship size? As my Python seems to run up the same costs as the Beluga.

From some googling, it looks to be based on module (not hull!) cost at game load, and integrity drops in proportion to SC distance travelled. Which means that when I return from LST, I will check the integrity repair cost of my cutter is, then store the 8A fuel scoop, quit to desktop, load the game again, and check what the integrity repair cost is then.

Did this test during my interruption of LST for last night's CG, and that no longer seems to be true. I docked my cutter and the repair bill for 54% integrity was 935803 credits. Storing the fuel scoop reduced the insurance cost from 31 million to 17 million, but even after a quit to desktop and restart, the integrity repair cost was unchanged.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång

Postby uvelius » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:33 am

Oooh, the Beluga is a ship for Connoisseurs. As Fuel Rats at least. Best jump range? Highest speed? Sod this for pure size and brilliance. Good tanks as well. Oh and just fill it up to it's neck with Fuel Limpet Transfer Controllers.

And in case you get too close to a White Dwarf, you might have a really, really interesting time. Squeak:
A Rat trapped by a White Dwarf cone

Cobra is the follow-up classic, of course.

DarkMere
Master
Master
CMDR: DarkMere
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby DarkMere » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:44 pm

uvelius wrote:Oooh, the Beluga is a ship for Connoisseurs. As Fuel Rats at least. Best jump range? Highest speed? Sod this for pure size and brilliance. Good tanks as well. Oh and just fill it up to it's neck with Fuel Limpet Transfer Controllers.

And in case you get too close to a White Dwarf, you might have a really, really interesting time. Squeak:
A Rat trapped by a White Dwarf cone

Cobra is the follow-up classic, of course.

Only just got around to reading the 'A Rat trapped by a White Dwarf cone' as I don't always follow links. Enjoyed reading it :)

Return to “General Discussion”