Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Raz0rking
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Raz0rking
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Running out of fuel.

Postby Raz0rking » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:01 am

No, i did not run out of fuel, but if you do, you are toast.

Yesterday (or this morning) someone of the group ran out of fuel. I jumped towards him, dropped a few hydrogen containers and then waited for the entire fuel beeing used up...well it aint working.

So dropping hydrogen wont help.
The only time one has to much fuel is, when one is on fire.

CMDR_COENEN
Competent
Competent
CMDR: COENEN

Re: Running out of fuel.

Postby CMDR_COENEN » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:55 am

One of the features FD should implement. Scooping Hydrogen from a stars is possible, so getting use from a container should be possible too.

AndyB
Master
Master
CMDR: Andy Bulman

Postby AndyB » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:32 pm

CMDR_COENEN wrote:One of the features FD should implement. Scooping Hydrogen from a stars is possible, so getting use from a container should be possible too.

it would be good but a bit of a win button for explorers, who needs to waste time scooping when you can treble your range by filling your hold.

I'd rather see ship to ship refueling, tank to tank. that way if you explore in groups one of the large vessels with you can act as a tanker and do all the scooping while the other ships explore the surrounding systems.

that sort of exploration will only be possible when we get more than one cmdr save slot as otherwise you could only play when the rest of the group was available.
Combat: Elite Trade: Elite Exploration: Elite

Mobius PvE Group Facebook Admin,
Mobius PvE Group Forum Moderator,
Mobius PvE Lead Admin,
Mobius PvE America Lead Admin,
Mobius Factions Assistant Admin,
Mobius PvE Eurasia Assistant Admin,

CMDR -_Turbo_-
Novice
Novice
CMDR: -_Turbo_-

Postby CMDR -_Turbo_- » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:32 pm

AndyB wrote:
CMDR_COENEN wrote:I'd rather see ship to ship refueling, tank to tank. that way if you explore in groups one of the large vessels with you can act as a tanker and do all the scooping while the other ships explore the surrounding systems.

I agree with this. I would love to see "in-air" refueling for ships. It really adds to the immersion of the game. Perhaps these bigger freighters are capable of equipping heavier duty fuel scoops that CAN scoop fuel from these hotter stars; maybe refining the fuel in a different way or something. On that note, I'd really like to see player-flyable capital-type ships that can actually hold a number of smaller player ships inside the hull. There would be an option to "deploy fighters" when the ship comes under heavy fire maybe?

-Turbo

Return to “General Discussion”