Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
DarkMere
Master
Master
CMDR: DarkMere
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Outnumbered in the CZ

Postby DarkMere » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:07 am

I just lost my Python in a low CZ in Exioce. First time I have lost a ship for absolutely ages. I can live with losing a ship, its sometimes the nature of the beast, but I do not understand what the hell went wrong with this (and its partly my fault, looking back I should have logged out before I got destroyed)

I had been in the CZ for a little over any hour, enjoying myself. There had been a nice balance of ships for me to take on. There came a time when I was cut off from the main group and was under attack from three ships, so I went into frame drive to get away and then when the shields were at full strength I went back in. I selected my faction oom and when I looked at the radar every single ship was enemy, red. I did not get back out. My FSD never even got 1/4 charged.

If I have lost a ship in the past, I have thought, fair enough I did this or that wrong, but I do feel I was cheated this time :) Its not giving me much confidence to go back in now.

Orochimaru
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orochimaruh
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Outnumbered in the CZ

Postby Orochimaru » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:14 am

DarkMere wrote:I just lost my Python in a low CZ in Exioce. First time I have lost a ship for absolutely ages. I can live with losing a ship, its sometimes the nature of the beast, but I do not understand what the hell went wrong with this (and its partly my fault, looking back I should have logged out before I got destroyed)

I had been in the CZ for a little over any hour, enjoying myself. There had been a nice balance of ships for me to take on. There came a time when I was cut off from the main group and was under attack from three ships, so I went into frame drive to get away and then when the shields were at full strength I went back in. I selected my faction oom and when I looked at the radar every single ship was enemy, red. I did not get back out. My FSD never even got 1/4 charged.

If I have lost a ship in the past, I have thought, fair enough I did this or that wrong, but I do feel I was cheated this time :) Its not giving me much confidence to go back in now.

The same happened to me in a CZ.

My short story in CZ's follows:
1.First time, went in, scored 2.5MCr, came out thinking I was the best in the whole galaxy and more.
2.Second time, went in, lost 3 ships before I ran with my tail between the legs and licking my wounds.

What happened the first time that was different? Maybe beginner's luck, maybe I was more careful.

Now I am fighting the urge to go back to the war. I think I am suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.

Sent from my LON-L29 using Tapatalk
//"ye meet orochi crazy ass vulture pilot" ^^

DarkMere
Master
Master

Postby DarkMere » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:27 am

Well I am not a combat logger, if I lose a battle, the ship goes down with me. However I think in that situation its a valid time to log out. If I go back and every ship is enemy that escape key is being pressed pronto. But you see my first instinct was to turn tail and run and the period of time between OMG and bang was so short.

I have not had such a bad experience as you in the CZ, I normally keep near the edges and pick my targets, however best of all is going in winged with a big brother ship, or as it was last time, winged with 2 Corvettes and an Anaconda (I think it was). I felt indestructible. Every time my shields took a bit of damage JL would wave his healing laser on it lol

Orochimaru
Expert
Expert

Postby Orochimaru » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:56 am

DarkMere wrote:Well I am not a combat logger, if I lose a battle, the ship goes down with me. However I think in that situation its a valid time to log out. If I go back and every ship is enemy that escape key is being pressed pronto. But you see my first instinct was to turn tail and run and the period of time between OMG and bang was so short.

I have not had such a bad experience as you in the CZ, I normally keep near the edges and pick my targets, however best of all is going in winged with a big brother ship, or as it was last time, winged with 2 Corvettes and an Anaconda (I think it was). I felt indestructible. Every time my shields took a bit of damage JL would wave his healing laser on it lol

I was too confident and arrogant. Learned my lesson.

It's the right thing to bail out using ESC, when you jump into a gunfight wearing a knife.

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Postby Cometborne » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:05 am

Having every ship turn red should(!) only happen if you fire on or ram a ship before picking a faction, or if you fire on your own side several times. The latter typically happens if faster ships fly into your fire, or if people do not take the finger off the fire button for their gimballed weapons when the target starts spewing chaff.

Some video evidence would be helpful to analyse what happened and as proof for a "lost credits" ticket. Check if you have enough resources to run OBS Studio with a 5 minute replay buffer. Just keep it running in the background with active buffer, and if something strange happens, save the replay buffer to disk and then review it at leisure.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

DarkMere
Master
Master

Postby DarkMere » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:17 am

Cometborne wrote:Having every ship turn red should(!) only happen if you fire on or ram a ship before picking a faction, or if you fire on your own side several times. The latter typically happens if faster ships fly into your fire, or if people do not take the finger off the fire button for their gimballed weapons when the target starts spewing chaff.

Some video evidence would be helpful to analyse what happened and as proof for a "lost credits" ticket. Check if you have enough resources to run OBS Studio with a 5 minute replay buffer. Just keep it running in the background with active buffer, and if something strange happens, save the replay buffer to disk and then review it at leisure.

Well for certain I never fired a single shot nor collided with anything. I think I should have the resources to run OBS Studio in the background, but will have to look into how its done, having never done it before. I lost just over 8 mill which is my 4% buy back insurance on the Python, so its not the end of the world. However if I was in a much more costly ship I might be upset, so I think the video thing is a good idea.

Orochimaru
Expert
Expert

Postby Orochimaru » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:17 am

Cometborne wrote:Having every ship turn red should(!) only happen if you fire on or ram a ship before picking a faction, or if you fire on your own side several times. The latter typically happens if faster ships fly into your fire, or if people do not take the finger off the fire button for their gimballed weapons when the target starts spewing chaff.

Noted.

I just can't help to giggle and imagine CMDR Darkmere jumping in full of hanger and rage and looking at a bunch of ships pointing their guns at him; "say what?! Bang!" - looks like something from a Western movie.

No offense given CMDR Darkmere, just my imagination taking the best out of me.

Orochimaru
Expert
Expert

Postby Orochimaru » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:20 am

DarkMere wrote:

Well for certain I never fired a single shot nor collided with anything. I think I should have the resources to run OBS Studio in the background, but will have to look into how its done, having never done it before. I lost just over 8 mill which is my 4% buy back insurance on the Python, so its not the end of the world. However if I was in a much more costly ship I might be upset, so I think the video thing is a good idea.

8MCrs?!?!
I have to work a lot to earn that.
ESC might be the way to go.

DarkMere
Master
Master

Postby DarkMere » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:21 am

Orochimaru wrote:I just can't help to giggle and imagine CMDR Darkmere jumping in full of hanger and rage and looking at a bunch of ships pointing their guns at him; "say what?! Bang!" - looks like something from a Western movie.

None taken, I can see the funny side of anything :lol:

As for the insurance cost.
I am sure compared to some of the rebuy costs around here, its small change :lol: If I jump into my Beluga I can earn it back in 1.5 to 2 hours

Orochimaru
Expert
Expert

Postby Orochimaru » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:05 am

DarkMere wrote:
Orochimaru wrote:I just can't help to giggle and imagine CMDR Darkmere jumping in full of hanger and rage and looking at a bunch of ships pointing their guns at him; "say what?! Bang!" - looks like something from a Western movie.

None taken, I can see the funny side of anything

As for the insurance cost.
I am sure compared to some of the rebuy costs around here, its small change If I jump into my Beluga I can earn it back in 1.5 to 2 hours

Ok!
I will need that Beluga of your, just for a few hours

Return to “General Discussion”