Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
The-Dead-Meat
Novice
Novice
CMDR: The-Dead-Meat
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Outnumbered in the CZ

Postby The-Dead-Meat » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:25 am

DarkMere wrote:As for the insurance cost.
I am sure compared to some of the rebuy costs around here, its small change :lol: If I jump into my Beluga I can earn it back in 1.5 to 2 hours

I know how you feel, I'm down to my last 373rd rebuy...
Screenshot_1586.jpg
Screenshot_1586.jpg (87.84 KiB) Viewed 2319 times

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:00 am

DarkMere wrote:There came a time when I was cut off from the main group and was under attack from three ships, so I went into frame drive to get away and then when the shields were at full strength I went back in. I selected my faction oom and when I looked at the radar every single ship was enemy, red. I did not get back out. My FSD never even got 1/4 charged.

Sad to hear that you lost a Python to the war, bud. :(

Question... when you went back into the CZ, did you boost away from the swarm before selecting a faction? I always get 5-8k ls away from the nearest ship before deploying hardpoints and the SLF, and then selecting a faction. That gives me some time to select targets without being attacked by several ships. In your situation, it may have given you the time needed to jump out of there in one piece.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

DarkMere
Master
Master
CMDR: DarkMere

Postby DarkMere » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:47 pm

JohnLuke wrote:
DarkMere wrote:There came a time when I was cut off from the main group and was under attack from three ships, so I went into frame drive to get away and then when the shields were at full strength I went back in. I selected my faction oom and when I looked at the radar every single ship was enemy, red. I did not get back out. My FSD never even got 1/4 charged.

Question... when you went back into the CZ, did you boost away from the swarm before selecting a faction? I always get 5-8k ls away from the nearest ship before deploying hardpoints and the SLF, and then selecting a faction. That gives me some time to select targets without being attacked by several ships. In your situation, it may have given you the time needed to jump out of there in one piece.

Yep, guilty as charged lol. Came out of fsd (almost called it warp then) with the throttle set to zero, deployed the hard points, selected my faction and then thought............ Oh Shit. :D

Datcon517
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Datcon17

Postby Datcon517 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:06 pm

Orochimaru wrote:
DarkMere wrote:I just lost my Python in a low CZ in Exioce. First time I have lost a ship for absolutely ages. I can live with losing a ship, its sometimes the nature of the beast, but I do not understand what the hell went wrong with this (and its partly my fault, looking back I should have logged out before I got destroyed)

I had been in the CZ for a little over any hour, enjoying myself. There had been a nice balance of ships for me to take on. There came a time when I was cut off from the main group and was under attack from three ships, so I went into frame drive to get away and then when the shields were at full strength I went back in. I selected my faction oom and when I looked at the radar every single ship was enemy, red. I did not get back out. My FSD never even got 1/4 charged.

If I have lost a ship in the past, I have thought, fair enough I did this or that wrong, but I do feel I was cheated this time :) Its not giving me much confidence to go back in now.

The same happened to me in a CZ.

My short story in CZ's follows:
1.First time, went in, scored 2.5MCr, came out thinking I was the best in the whole galaxy and more.
2.Second time, went in, lost 3 ships before I ran with my tail between the legs and licking my wounds.

What happened the first time that was different? Maybe beginner's luck, maybe I was more careful.

Now I am fighting the urge to go back to the war. I think I am suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.

Sent from my LON-L29 using Tapatalk

I'm right there with you guys. A short while ago I was having some fun with my Fed Gun Ship in a CZ and made roughly 1.5 - 2 million credits in my first go round. Left to get repairs and restock ammo and returned to the CZ for some more riches. Started out well enough, and I ran into a really pesky Viper MK IV that just wouldn't cooperate and stay still long enough to blow up Because I spent so much time chasing him, by the the time it was over I realized that my side was suddenly badly outnumbered by like 4 - 1. Long story short, it got ugly real fast and I had to contact the old insurance agent when it was all said and done I've been hesitant to go into CZ's ever since. It can definitely turn sour fast!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

DarkMere
Master
Master

Postby DarkMere » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:19 pm

Yep, I think winging up is the best way for us smaller ships. That said I have spent many hours in CZ/s and never lost a ship, was just this last occasion when every ship was on the other side :) I think if I take JL's advice and back off before deploying hard points and and choosing a faction, that will negate that problem. So I will probably happy go back on my own, but will always choose to wing up if I can.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:39 pm

DarkMere wrote:Yep, guilty as charged lol. Came out of fsd (almost called it warp then) with the throttle set to zero, deployed the hard points, selected my faction and then thought............ Oh Shit. :D

Yup, that'll do it. ; ) I thought I taught you better than that. LOL!

Winging in a CZ is always preferable to going it alone. It's not like a RES where you can sit back and pick your targets. If you don't have a wingman, work the fringe of the swarm and be selective about what ships you fire on. If the heat is getting too high, GTFO early while you still have good hull strength.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*

Postby *Al* » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:06 pm

JohnLuke wrote:

What JL said......always.

Damn, down to just 100 rebuys of the Vette........

Falcon_D
Master
Master
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar

Postby Falcon_D » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:48 pm

CZs are interesting places. Sometimes the situation goes your way and your surrounded by greens blowing the crap out of the other guy and sometimes you're on the receiving end.
Was in a CZ today with my Vette and kept getting swarmed by at least 4 enemies packing Rails. Kitted them to the greens then took them apart.
But I've also had the entire board suddenly turn red on me. That's when guns away, boost, boost, high wake usually helps.
Have fun, fly safe. <o

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:19 pm

Falcon_D wrote:That's when guns away, boost, boost, high wake usually helps.

Thats the mistake I made the other day when I lost a Gunship in a sea of reds. If I'd have not panicked and high waked instead of trying to boost while mass locked by an entire enemy fleet, I might have escaped :lol:
And I forgot I had chaff...

DarkMere
Master
Master

Postby DarkMere » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:40 pm

Just remembered. I had chaff too and never used it. Guess I was like a rabbit in headlights lol

Return to “General Discussion”