I got ya. :D

IgorBGD
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Engineering my Corvette

Postby IgorBGD » Sun May 28, 2017 5:47 pm

I finished engineering mine yesterday, here is Coriolis preview

I am still tweaking it, but I moved from twin Multicannons to this setup in PvE.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Sun May 28, 2017 8:07 pm

IgorBGD wrote:I am still tweaking it, but I moved from twin Multicannons to this setup in PvE.

To each their own, but I think it's going to be hard to get the kinetic weapons to both fire at the same time. As you know, the large hard point is tucked under the belly so I find that I usually have to have a target pretty low for it to fire. And since the two huge mounts are on top, I think you'll have a hard time getting both m/c's firing at the same time on your setup. If you intend to use them more individually, then it may be a fine loadout.

You're giving up a lot of DPS with the 4 thermal turrets Vs. gimballed, but I'm sure that you know that. As maneuverable as the Vette is, I haven't felt a need to put turrets on it. For a Cutter however....... well.... that's a different topic all together.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

IgorBGD
Harmless
Harmless

Postby IgorBGD » Sun May 28, 2017 9:18 pm

You are probably right about weapon placement, I will have to figure out something. It's just that I wanted 1 huge laser in H4 as I am using other H4 Multi Autoloader only for "big fish" so I wanted 1 smaller multi for corosive shell and damage boost. I will check how to solve that placement issue.

I will also try to use only gimbaled weapons to see how it goes, but that 4 turrets are so convenient with some small annoyances flying around with 10% hull left.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Sun May 28, 2017 9:58 pm

IgorBGD wrote:I will also try to use only gimbaled weapons to see how it goes, but that 4 turrets are so convenient with some small annoyances flying around with 10% hull left.

Don't forget that your SFL can be a big help with the little gnats. Sometimes I just send her to take care of Eagles, Vipers, etc.

And... with your shields, you really should never have hull damage. ;)
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Sevin Church
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Sevin Church

Postby Sevin Church » Sun May 28, 2017 10:32 pm

JohnLuke wrote:
IgorBGD wrote:I am still tweaking it, but I moved from twin Multicannons to this setup in PvE.

To each their own, but I think it's going to be hard to get the kinetic weapons to both fire at the same time. As you know, the large hard point is tucked under the belly so I find that I usually have to have a target pretty low for it to fire. And since the two huge mounts are on top, I think you'll have a hard time getting both m/c's firing at the same time on your setup. If you intend to use them more individually, then it may be a fine loadout.

You're giving up a lot of DPS with the 4 thermal turrets Vs. gimballed, but I'm sure that you know that. As maneuverable as the Vette is, I haven't felt a need to put turrets on it. For a Cutter however....... well.... that's a different topic all together.

I also prefer to keep away from turrets, I have had a bad history of them strafing other targets when they've had too much chaff. :P

But on the plus side, just got all of my boosters to G5.Image

Trinity Star
Master
Master
CMDR: Trinity Star

Postby Trinity Star » Sun May 28, 2017 11:14 pm

Sevin Church
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Sevin Church

Postby Sevin Church » Mon May 29, 2017 4:55 am

Trinity, I seriously want to see how long it takes me to take your shields down haha. Great build.

Orochimaru
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orochimaruh

Postby Orochimaru » Mon May 29, 2017 5:55 am

Trinity Star wrote:https://inara.cz/cmdr-fleet/995/159982/

Beautiful killing machine.

Sent from my LON-L29 using Tapatalk
//"ye meet orochi crazy ass vulture pilot" ^^

holl0918
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: holl0918

Postby holl0918 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:22 am

I am changing up the guns on my corvette, the ones i have now are boring and not as effective as they could be. I have 3 loadouts in mind.

Option 1: https://eddp.co/u/3rcvqhgH : A basic full multicannon build with varying effects.
Option 2: https://eddp.co/u/3L61NcSX : The MC build with two fixed C4 beam lasers.
Option 3: https://eddp.co/u/Vcbs6uXl : The above build with C2 and C3 cannons instead of multis for the extra armor piercing and module damage. I figure I can kill small ships with just the beams and keep the cannons for bigger ships. Small multi turrets for debufs.

The first build is the easiest and still has good damage and special effects. The second is harder but has more damage, chaff resistance, and has even better special effects. The third may have better damage against modules and hulls of large ships, but won't work as well against small ships and dosn't have any thermal shock, but does have dispersal field. I will be using a multi-cannon or plasma repeater F63 Condor as my SLF.

Return to “General Discussion”