Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Greylock3491
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Greylock3491
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: E:D is ruthless and unforgiving

Postby Greylock3491 » Fri May 26, 2017 12:54 pm

I hear you - I always like to tell new players "Dangerous" is in the name for a reason - that's one of the reasons I don't take my python or anaconda into the RES to BH, I'm not willing to lose either.

And even when flying my Vulture to BH, once I get below 70% I head back to the station to turn in my bounties as I really dislike loosing those!

As far as interdictions, I try escape them when possible, and when not I check the contacts panel to see if they outclass me, and if they do I run :-)

Loki12345 wrote:Yeah, Elite can be really unforgiving, but that is part of the fun.
My last horror-day was about monday or so. Jumped to Maia with my ol' Python to get some meta-alloys because i really need to boost my FSD a little bit. Got everything, head back and while fuel scooping my cargo hatch had a mailfunction due to overheating with the result that i lost the alloy. Did not realize that until i finaly reached the engineer just to see that i have nothing in my cargo...arrrrgh!!
Frustrated i switched to my asp to go a little exploring, find an interesting landable planet. Head down and realized about 500 m above the ground that this beast has a gravitiy of about 5g! No chance for me, crashed into the ground.
Now i am almost broke and need to get some money :D

I had both those happen to me too!

Now I can't help but check my cargo when I overheat to see if anything was lost :-(

And I crashed twice in Ep 1.2 of Two Guys in Space - not so easy landing on a high g planet when you go back to a starter ship with E rated everything lol!

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Fri May 26, 2017 5:03 pm

Lucky it's not like the original then......

Which I spose would be "Hardcore" mode now.....

Get killed.....That's it.....

Load commander Y/N........

Start from scratch......

That made fuel scooping a blast.......One thin line between fuel and destruction....

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Orochimaru
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orochimaruh

Postby Orochimaru » Fri May 26, 2017 6:29 pm

Cmdr Kharma wrote:Lucky it's not like the original then......

Which I spose would be "Hardcore" mode now.....

Get killed.....That's it.....

Load commander Y/N........

Start from scratch......

That made fuel scooping a blast.......One thin line between fuel and destruction....

So true. Permadeath was real!
Now you go financially broke, it's more civilised

Sent from my LON-L29 using Tapatalk
//"ye meet orochi crazy ass vulture pilot" ^^

DarkMere
Master
Master
CMDR: DarkMere

Postby DarkMere » Fri May 26, 2017 6:55 pm

But you did have 'save game' which kind of softened the blow :D

Loki12345
Harmless
Harmless

Postby Loki12345 » Fri May 26, 2017 7:26 pm

Well... Save game yes. But what is it good for if you kill yourself at the first station mailslot. Man that game was really brutal

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk

DarkMere
Master
Master
CMDR: DarkMere

Postby DarkMere » Fri May 26, 2017 8:02 pm

Well of course we are all going to have out own ideas, but for me I think ED is harder. That said I was already in my early 30's when Elite first came out, so it might have been that I had faster reaction times back them. :lol:

Once you progressed in Elite the game became a whole lot easier but the same is true of ED. However once you progressed to being able to have and replace the enery bomb as security that really did ease the game for me.

I know its off topic but how many have played Freelancer? I know that both ED and Elite are very different as Freelancer you followed a pre-set story, but I did like that game. The words "Trent you need to put more power to the engines" used to grate on me though.

Orochimaru
Expert
Expert

Postby Orochimaru » Sat May 27, 2017 5:13 am

DarkMere wrote:Well of course we are all going to have out own ideas, but for me I think ED is harder. That said I was already in my early 30's when Elite first came out, so it might have been that I had faster reaction times back them.

Once you progressed in Elite the game became a whole lot easier but the same is true of ED. However once you progressed to being able to have and replace the enery bomb as security that really did ease the game for me.

I know its off topic but how many have played Freelancer? I know that both ED and Elite are very different as Freelancer you followed a pre-set story, but I did like that game. The words "Trent you need to put more power to the engines" used to grate on me though.

I did play Freelancer and FMV scenes were great, they really added to the whole story. It was cool to be a freelancer and be part of a bigger thing.

Once you got the Military Grade lasers, you were unstoppable. A good game to play.

A now further into off-topic (just before the admins kick us out), for me the best space games were Wing Commander 3 and 4. Brilliant!

natekomodo
Harmless
Harmless

Postby natekomodo » Sat May 27, 2017 5:57 am

It's elite dangerous not elite pink fluffy unicorns. "Take control of your own ship in a cut throat galaxy" you signed up for this danger.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Sat May 27, 2017 8:20 am

natekomodo wrote:It's elite dangerous not elite pink fluffy unicorns. "Take control of your own ship in a cut throat galaxy" you signed up for this danger.

Many of us joined Mobius to avoid the 'danger' of Open or the PVP play style. As long as the only danger I face is from NPC's and my own stupidity, I'm just fine with the risks in the game.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Orochimaru
Expert
Expert

Postby Orochimaru » Sat May 27, 2017 9:13 am

Loki12345 wrote:Congrats Orochimaru! Still have my problems with FDL, even in my python. Maybe i am not a good combat pilot after all :-)

What i really like about this game is that it feels so great. Yes, could be more to interact with, but even just flying from point a to b is so satisfying.

And the beginning can be brutal. Starting in your small sidewinder and beeing attacked...panicmode! First time flying through the mailslot of a station, man, adrenalin kicks in! These moments are great, even if you fail. But the moment you master this is so fantastic :-D

Good to know you are doing better mate. Keep at it CMDR, you'll do great.
o7

Return to “General Discussion”