Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
DarkMere
Master
Master
CMDR: DarkMere
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: my next step: trading

Postby DarkMere » Wed May 24, 2017 8:29 am

Since hooking up with OOM, and its only just over 4 weeks (wow just looked at that, only 4 weeks, feels like forever), anyway I have never found time for a bored moment. I go doing missions when asked and then go into combat zones when asked. I have been in 3 wars already and another just about to start. Its been far more fun than thinking what I should do next and yes, I am better at taking orders than I am at making my own :)

Greylock3491
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Greylock3491
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: my next step: trading

Postby Greylock3491 » Wed May 24, 2017 11:01 am

Cmdr Kharma wrote:It's best to pick a system stay there and run missions to rank up with the factions.....

I am in a Python in my home system and currently allied with nearly all the factions.....

I am getting some silly money missions...Like 1.5 mill for one jump....

Even had a half mill one to the next station about 27 Ls.....

I have to totally agree about doing Trade missions versus trading goods, as I always find I make much more doing the missions, especially after becoming allied with the local factions, versus any trade loop I've run across.

A nod also to those who posted about passenger missions - they still seem to pay more than trade missions :-(

Orochimaru wrote:The Python is a lovely ship indeed. How does it handle combat?

The lure of the Keelback is the ability to have fighter support to help your trading.
But the Type 6 is cheaper though...

Sent from my LON-L29 using Tapatalk

I haven't taken my Python into a RES or CZ (I use my vulture - much cheaper insurance), but I typically have no issues dispatching pirates who interdict me, unless they are Elite and in a bigger better ship (then I run!)

And I have to agree with the other post about the Keelback, buy one if you want to have a SLF (maybe for mining?) but with Trading I've found it best to just boost and run if you can't avoid an interdiction, which you typically can avoid by winning the mini game.

Fly safe commander! o7

Return to “General Discussion”