Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: First Wing Experience

Postby Relix Typhon » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:24 am

Generally they are different each week but occasionally they last for longer. An example of a longer one would be where player factions had 4 weeks to deliver as many travel guides to Colonia as possible. Those in the top (something percent, I forget) had their faction put in Colonia.
Catch was, you could only buy 10 guides at a time so we had to work together to help fill the delivery boys/girls. I spent many an hour going from station to 10km giving Mobius Commanders travel guides but the real hero's were Andy Bulman, who used an anaconda as a sort of warehouse and Duck of Death who did A LOT of trips to Colonia

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Postby Cometborne » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:29 am

Orochimaru wrote:N00b question incoming: the CG is different every week or do they keep "alive" for several weeks.

Most CGs are for one week only; a few are for longer periods up to four weeks, typically the to Colonia

Orochimaru wrote:This week's CG was about trading, no BH, right?

Yes, medium range trade CG to Obsidian Orbital in Maia. Bring a fuel scoop for the distance and frame shift wake scanner for the hyperdictions.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Postby Cometborne » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:35 am

DarkMere wrote:25mill credit bonus! Why has no one told me about CG before?

And that is on the low side. The best CG so far was the Morai "More Imperial Warships" one, over 500 million bonus for the top 10 commanders, and 340 million bonus for the top 10% bracket.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:02 am

Every Thurday, new CG's start and the previous week's CG's end (if they didn't hit top tier and end prior to Thursday) unless it's a deep space delivery CG (think Colonia). Some highly popular CG's have been completed by Saturday, so you have to keep an eye on them if you're interested in participating.

I use this page to track the CG's and look at the comments to see if it's something I'm interested in or not. For instance, this week's two trade CG's to Maia don't interest me at all. Last week's combo of trade and BH in the same system was fun. I had my favorite combat and favorite cargo ship over there, and bounced back and forth between the two CG's. There are always lots of commanders at CG's to wing up with, and the "live" traffic going in and out of the station can be nerve racking and funny at the same time. Just be careful in the slot. Not everyone is fully aware of their surroundings (or have announced their intentions) and guys will occasionally get stuck in the toaster rack.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Orochimaru
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orochimaruh

Postby Orochimaru » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:04 pm

JohnLuke wrote:Every Thurday, new CG's start and the previous week's CG's end (if they didn't hit top tier and end prior to Thursday) unless it's a deep space delivery CG (think Colonia). Some highly popular CG's have been completed by Saturday, so you have to keep an eye on them if you're interested in participating.

I use this page to track the CG's and look at the comments to see if it's something I'm interested in or not. For instance, this week's two trade CG's to Maia don't interest me at all. Last week's combo of trade and BH in the same system was fun. I had my favorite combat and favorite cargo ship over there, and bounced back and forth between the two CG's. There are always lots of commanders at CG's to wing up with, and the "live" traffic going in and out of the station can be nerve racking and funny at the same time. Just be careful in the slot. Not everyone is fully aware of their surroundings (or have announced their intentions) and guys will occasionally get stuck in the toaster rack.

Awesome Master Luke
Thanks for the info o7

Sent from my LON-L29 using Tapatalk
//"ye meet orochi crazy ass vulture pilot" ^^

DarkMere
Master
Master
CMDR: DarkMere

Postby DarkMere » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:51 am

Thank you again JohnLuke for another enjoyable, safe and profitable winging session in the HazRes. Its also a great way to learn the finer points of the game, however...........

Next time I tell you at the start of a session how much I have improved as a combat pilot, just remind me of today :D :roll: :D

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:50 pm

I had a blast too, DarkMere. I'm sure that the condas, clippers, pythons, and others had a BLAST as well. hehehe. :evil:

We all make mistakes in the game. God knows I've made my share! You just didn't notice any of them today. That's what a highly experienced E-D commander does.... make his mistakes look like intentional action. :oops:
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Return to “General Discussion”