Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
DarkMere
Master
Master
CMDR: DarkMere
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

First Wing Experience

Postby DarkMere » Sat May 20, 2017 1:15 pm

Just want to embarrass JohnLuke by saying thank you for my first wing experience.

Found it to be great fun, very safe and profitable. JL took pretty good care of his novice wing man.

I want a Vette!

Lanceor
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Lanceor

Re: First Wing Experience

Postby Lanceor » Sat May 20, 2017 1:39 pm

My first wing a couple of years go was with JohnLuke as well. Because of that, I became a lot more involved with the social aspect of Mobius (and I suspect many others as well). He's one of the friendliest people you could meet and you won't find a better ambassador for the Mobius group. :)
Very little game time, but often chatting at work.

Orochimaru
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orochimaruh
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Orochimaru » Sat May 20, 2017 2:09 pm

DarkMere wrote:Just want to embarrass JohnLuke by saying thank you for my first wing experience.

Found it to be great fun, very safe and profitable. JL took pretty good care of his novice wing man.

I want a Vette!

Totally looking forward to that!
I due time, I guess.

Sent from my LON-L29 using Tapatalk
//"ye meet orochi crazy ass vulture pilot" ^^

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Sat May 20, 2017 4:32 pm

DarkMere wrote:Just want to embarrass JohnLuke by saying thank you for my first wing experience.

I want a Vette!

Glad you had fun, bud. I enjoyed our little killing spree too! :evil: Can't wait to do it again!

Lanceor wrote:My first wing a couple of years go was with JohnLuke as well. Because of that, I became a lot more involved with the social aspect of Mobius (and I suspect many others as well). He's one of the friendliest people you could meet and you won't find a better ambassador for the Mobius group. :)

Wow. :oops: Thanks Lanceor. I didn't realize that our wing had that much impact on your game play. 8-) If E-D didn't have wings, I probably would have stopped playing this game a looooong time ago. Doing things with someone is way more fun that most anything else solo.

Orochimaru wrote:Totally looking forward to that!
I due time, I guess.

I'd be happy to introduce you to wings, if you're interested. Most of my game time is on the weekends, and even though I'm in the USA I play primarily at UK friendly times due to my weird work schedule. Add me to your in-game friends list and/or shoot me a PM here if you're interested in setting something up.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Orochimaru
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orochimaruh

Postby Orochimaru » Sat May 20, 2017 5:02 pm

JohnLuke wrote:

I want a Vette!

Glad you had fun, bud. I enjoyed our little killing spree too! :evil: Can't wait to do it again!

Lanceor wrote:My first wing a couple of years go was with JohnLuke as well. Because of that, I became a lot more involved with the social aspect of Mobius (and I suspect many others as well). He's one of the friendliest people you could meet and you won't find a better ambassador for the Mobius group. :)

Wow. :oops: Thanks Lanceor. I didn't realize that our wing had that much impact on your game play. 8-) If E-D didn't have wings, I probably would have stopped playing this game a looooong time ago. Doing things with someone is way more fun that most anything else solo.

Orochimaru wrote:Totally looking forward to that!
I due time, I guess.

I'd be happy to introduce you to wings, if you're interested. Most of my game time is on the weekends, and even though I'm in the USA I play primarily at UK friendly times due to my weird work schedule. Add me to your in-game friends list and/or shoot me a PM here if you're interested in setting something up.

Thanks mate.
Will do

Sent from my LON-L29 using Tapatalk
//"ye meet orochi crazy ass vulture pilot" ^^

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Sat May 20, 2017 10:13 pm

JohnLuke wrote:If E-D didn't have wings, I probably would have stopped playing this game a looooong time ago. Doing things with someone is way more fun that most anything else solo.

Finally......

Something we agree on.....

:D

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly

Postby JohnLuke » Sat May 20, 2017 10:30 pm

Cmdr Kharma wrote:
Finally......

Something we agree on.....

:D

It was bound to happen sooner or later. :D
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Taranava
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Taranava

Postby Taranava » Mon May 22, 2017 4:39 pm

I wonder if JohnLuke says "Make it so" a lot over comms? <3

DarkMere
Master
Master
CMDR: DarkMere

Postby DarkMere » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:23 pm

Just coming back to this thread to see if I cannot embarrasses JL a little more. Its no longer a first wing experience, but after spending more time with this Commander, just want to say that having someone who has ticked all the boxes, who is willing to spend time with someone who has ticked far less, is really welcome.

I am sure JL could earn credits far faster without me in tow, but is happy to spend time helping someone less experienced to gain more experience and to learn more about the game which has more to it than I thought a few months ago.

I know this is true of many of the very experienced commanders here, not just JL.

Thanks JL o7

(are you feeling :oops: ?)

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly

Postby JohnLuke » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:26 pm

Thanks for the compliments, DarkMere. :oops: I had a great time this morning in the Haz-RES with you, gaining credits for the CG (your first CG!).

Helping others has been in my nature for some time, and I really enjoy doing it in Elite. I'm at a point in the game where I don't have many personal goals left to achieve, so a good amount of my game time focus is on helping others.... or at least trying to. :P

I wish more people seemed interested in winging up. It add soooo much to the game, especially if you have voice comms!

I enjoy the time I spend with my current circle of friends, and would really enjoy adding a few new folks to the fold. I don't care how little combat or wing experience you have, if you are interested in winging up let me know! If our play times align, I'm offering my time and E-D experience to help you try new things or increase your skills/knowledge of Elite.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Return to “General Discussion”