Finally engineered some weapons and...wow.

Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Gypsy
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: FoolishGypsy
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Finally engineered some weapons and...wow.

Postby Gypsy » Wed May 10, 2017 1:10 am

I am so happy I finally did some black market trading. Got grade 3 efficient on my beam and two pulses. Also have a grade 3 overcharged canon with thermal cascade. The game has completely changed in regards to bounty hunting for me. I'm rocking a FAS for RES sites and also have a grade 3 weapon focused power distributor. I can fire forever now! And my canon just tears through hulls. Since I'm an up close and personal fighter this setup has worked wonders. I can't believe I waited so long to spend a few hours gathering materials to try and get the most out of my fighter. Going to go get that Elite rank! That's all. I'm just excited.

tdponder
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Valcatta

Re: Finally engineered some weapons and...wow.

Postby tdponder » Wed May 10, 2017 1:16 am

Gypsy wrote:I am so happy I finally did some black market trading. Got grade 3 efficient on my beam and two pulses. Also have a grade 3 overcharged canon with thermal cascade. The game has completely changed in regards to bounty hunting for me. I'm rocking a FAS for RES sites and also have a grade 3 weapon focused power distributor. I can fire forever now! And my canon just tears through hulls. Since I'm an up close and personal fighter this setup has worked wonders. I can't believe I waited so long to spend a few hours gathering materials to try and get the most out of my fighter. Going to go get that Elite rank! That's all. I'm just excited.

That sounds awesome. I'm such a noob that most of that went over my head. But I want to be a bounty hunter so I'm learning and post like this makes it sound exciting. Plus sounds like your having a blast. Fight the good fight. Cmdr valcatta out.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

UnmarkedBoxcar
Master
Master
CMDR: UnmarkedBoxcar
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby UnmarkedBoxcar » Wed May 10, 2017 2:01 am

Engineer mods do make quite a noticeable difference :)

Congrats!

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Wed May 10, 2017 7:23 am

Even just the lvl 1 mods can be worth, especially since they are as cheap as they are, you can spam for that golden roll.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Roberlin
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Roberlin

Postby Roberlin » Wed May 10, 2017 2:54 pm

Oh yes, that is so true. I have a Fer de Lance with all grade 5 efficient beams with Thermal Vent special effect. I can roast pirates without interruption - and without overheating! An hour in a High RES gives me about 3% on my combat rank, so becoming "Dangerous" is finally in sight. Being dangerous is needed to get access to engineer Lori Jameson, the last one in my collection. Ah, that and becoming Elite, probably in exploration (Pioneer now).

Bronco Flamenco
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Bronco Flamenco

Postby Bronco Flamenco » Wed May 10, 2017 6:25 pm

And not to forget the nice new(!) light show! ;-)
Yeah, but especially fir BH its usefull...

Phantom.Artis
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Phantom.Artis

Postby Phantom.Artis » Wed May 10, 2017 10:55 pm

That is a very good upgrade for your lasers. Good luck on getting them on Grade 5.
Working on it myself. Currently 25/50 Fujin Tea's donated.
Really takes quite significant amount of time.

Sevin Church
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Sevin Church

Postby Sevin Church » Thu May 11, 2017 1:16 am

I love the engineers. Last night I upped all of my A rated shield boosters with g1 heavy duty. Between that and my already upgraded generator (g5) my shields are over 1800.

Then I upgraded my sensors when just a g1 light weight mod and countered the increased mass of the upgraded boosters lol.

All I need now is to get g5 dirty tuning and get two of my beams set to regenerate shields and the Warwing is done.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Thu May 11, 2017 9:04 am

On Lucy, the corvette, I use class 4 fixed beams, and a gimballed class 3 beam.
All with g5 efficient and regen sequence.
They boost up a corvette with prismatic shields faster than a class 7 scb, without the heat drawback..

On the rest of my hardpoints I'm using gimballed cannons, going all beam drains too much wep energy imo, even after engineering.

Having cannons or mc's give you something to fire after draining distributor and it's nice to have the option of another damage, and cannons has the ultimate penetration.
Even with just class 1 and 2's, two good volleys are enough to destroy a power plant.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Thu May 11, 2017 12:14 pm

So, can you actually engineer a small ship, like an Eagle or Viper, into a reliable bounty hunter against the largest elite ranked ships? I'm not talking res farming for hours, but actual bounty hunting? Or do they just not have the power plant or large enough weapons for that?

My experience with engineers is a couple level 1 mods to my Vulture back when they first came out.
It's time to give this another go.

Return to “General Discussion”