TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: I hate and I mean HATE engineers

Postby TorTorden » Tue May 09, 2017 10:47 pm

JohnLuke wrote:
TorTorden wrote:Or better yet, use ED Engineer.

I couldn't agree more. It's a fantastic app.

I wish it had been around a year or so ago..... or if it was, I didn't know about it then.

It's gotten a lot of love via updates to the Journal system, and that's quite new.

But yeah, it's a great and it's a great quick way of figuring out if "hey should I go get x upgrade?."

Also, nearly aside from shields and FSD, I hardly did any engineering AT ALL until FD removed the commodity requirement,
But I had been collecting data and materials since 2.1 :D.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

DarkMere
Master
Master
CMDR: DarkMere
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby DarkMere » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:29 am

Did I really start this thread back in early May. Looking forwards then it all seemed such a mountain, looking back now it does not seem too have been so bad. But then if you put me back at square one I would probably give up :D

Mythtaken
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Mythtaken

Postby Mythtaken » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:24 pm

DarkMere wrote:Did I really start this thread back in early May. Looking forwards then it all seemed such a mountain, looking back now it does not seem too have been so bad. But then if you put me back at square one I would probably give up :D

It's amazing how much farther you can see when you're looking back down the hill.

Me, I still hate the Engineers. Not because of the grind, but because the whole thing is immersion breaking for me. You have to wait until you're invited to visit one of the great and powerful engineers. Fair enough. Then you have to ante up for the privilege of seeing them and run around collecting all the bits you need to make the improvements. I can live with that. But after all that, you're faced with, "pull this handle and we'll see what happens". That makes no sense on any level. I'd be better off putting my ship on blocks in my backyard and getting a copy of FSDs For Dummies.

It would have taken maybe ten more minutes of thought for the devs to come up with a better way to implement engineered improvements.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:44 pm

It is a point that has been made many times.

No engineer worth half his salt deliver works with such a wide and random range of specs.
these people aren't engineers just crazy people with a random hoarder fetish.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby tinnitus » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:16 pm

TorTorden wrote:It is a point that has been made many times.

No engineer worth half his salt deliver works with such a wide and random range of specs.
these people aren't engineers just crazy people with a random hoarder fetish.

I for one am happy to be done with Engineers, until Thargoilds, hemorrhoids, Androids, Steroids or whateverroids start showing up out here. Amazing what they can do with ship improvements, I'm still feeling the sting of engineer NPC that took my "A" Conda down in 20 seconds that release day back in May 2016.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Return to “General Discussion”