Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Sinvious
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Sinvious
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

bounty vs. fine?

Postby Sinvious » Mon May 08, 2017 7:40 pm

I was recently given a mission to take out a couple of targets which I didn't really read through and now have a bounty on my head for 6.2k, I have gone to every station in the system that the bounty came from and there is no option to pay it off like a fine. am I stuck with it until I die?

Orochimaru
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orochimaruh
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: bounty vs. fine?

Postby Orochimaru » Mon May 08, 2017 7:46 pm

That is strange. Does the fine have a timer associated with it?
I guess you are a gangsta for life! :)
//"ye meet orochi crazy ass vulture pilot" ^^

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon

Postby tinnitus » Mon May 08, 2017 7:49 pm

Thinking 6.2k Bounty has a 6 or 7 day timer before it can be paid of at a Low security system having an ICC contact.
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Sinvious
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Sinvious

Postby Sinvious » Mon May 08, 2017 7:56 pm

the timer on it is 5D 3H, so I gotta wait till then to pay it? I'm just very OCD about things and it bugs the crap out of me every time I see it sitting there in my display lol

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Mon May 08, 2017 8:02 pm

Your bounty will expire in 7 days and become a legacy fine, at this point you can pay the fine off in the system that issued the original bounty. If you never pay it off it'll get added to your re-buy cost should you die.

If you die having been scanned the bounty will be cleared, if you die without being scanned the bounty will become dormant and will only become active if you are scanned by authority ships from the issuing system/faction.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Datcon517
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Datcon17

Postby Datcon517 » Mon May 08, 2017 8:06 pm

Sinvious wrote:the timer on it is 5D 3H, so I gotta wait till then to pay it? I'm just very OCD about things and it bugs the crap out of me every time I see it sitting there in my display lol

It's like tinnitus said; you can either pay at an ICC or just wait until the timer gets to zero and it will expire without paying. As long as you stay out of the system it was issued in, you won't have any problems. I currently have a 6.4k bounty with just over 3 days left

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

David c
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Gramps

Postby David c » Tue May 09, 2017 8:25 am

what the others have said here + you could also be wanted in other systems if the ruling faction that issued the fine is top dog in any system you enter, keep an eye on your hud when you jump into new systems. Also after a few days of being wanted expect visits from bounty hunters who will always know just where to find you, don't try to fight them they can shoot you with immunity without becoming wanted and you already know what happens when you kill clean ships :)

DarkMere
Master
Master
CMDR: DarkMere

Postby DarkMere » Tue May 09, 2017 9:00 am

Yes these can be annoying, I had one that I intended dealing with after the time was up, I think it had just over a day left. I was looking for something for a ship I had not long since bought, unfortunately my most expensive ship at the time. I ventured into the system totally forgetting about it. I arrived at the station and engaged auto-docking and when it engaged I went to the loo......... like you do. When I got back my ship was blown to bits and the annoying thing is, the timer goes back to 7 days!

Return to “General Discussion”