Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Gypsy
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: FoolishGypsy
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Bounty Hunting Near Sol?

Postby Gypsy » Sun May 07, 2017 3:11 am

Looking for a good place to test out my new FAS and fine tune the hardpoints. Any busy systems near Sol? What exactly should I look for in the system. High Sec? War? I'm still pretty new to BH'in so any advice is greatly appreciated. Fly safe.

smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Bounty Hunting Near Sol?

Postby smartroad » Sun May 07, 2017 8:16 am

Personally I just go where there is a planet with rings (and a population) of course! As they are normally mining operations and bounty hunt there :D
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Postby Xebeth » Sun May 07, 2017 9:06 am

If you use https://eddb.io/body, you can set the filters to just look for bodies with rings in populated systems. Not a guarantee of a RES, but a good starting point.
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Sevin Church
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Sevin Church
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Sevin Church » Sun May 07, 2017 1:22 pm

My wing bases out of Wolf 906, and Wolf 918 has some good rings as well with res sites.

Lanceor
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Lanceor

Postby Lanceor » Mon May 08, 2017 12:50 am

When I was based at Sol, I used to hunt at WISE 0855−0714 just a bit over 7 ly away.

In addition to many RES sites, it has an outpost with an Interstellar Factors contact where you can hand any Empire/Alliance bounties you happen to pick up.

The downside of this system is that there are no large landing pads. However, if you're bounty hunting in an Anaconda/Corvette/Clipper, you'd probably know a lot of good bounty hunting systems already. ;)
Very little game time, but often chatting at work.

UnmarkedBoxcar
Master
Master
CMDR: UnmarkedBoxcar

Postby UnmarkedBoxcar » Mon May 08, 2017 2:53 am

My home base is actually in Sol, and I do a lot of bounty hunting in YZ Ceti. Pretty nice Haz-Res rings there.

UnmarkedBoxcar
Master
Master
CMDR: UnmarkedBoxcar

Postby UnmarkedBoxcar » Mon May 08, 2017 2:56 am

Gypsy wrote:Looking for a good place to test out my new FAS and fine tune the hardpoints. Any busy systems near Sol? What exactly should I look for in the system. High Sec? War? I'm still pretty new to BH'in so any advice is greatly appreciated. Fly safe.

Also, it depends on what sort of testing you'd like to do. YZ Ceti has a good variety of different resource extractions sites (from Low to Hazardous) and a pretty good outfitting station nearby. If you're looking for pirates to interdict, always good to just stay in shipping lanes and scan. Nav beacons are usually okay, though finding wanted ships there can require a bit of patience, and the payouts aren't nearly as good as RES (unless you find a compromised Nav beacon...)

Return to “General Discussion”