*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: No offence to anyone, but....

Postby *Al* » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:42 am

Cmdr Kharma wrote:
cyberbofh wrote:You can love the game and still be critical about how Frontier handled release v2.3..
Maybe if we all DO create those support tickets if we encounter problems in the game, it will give Frontier a signal about what is really going on.
:!: Remember.. only reported problems count as problems.. :!:

Tell that to a beta tester......

2.3 was dropped with a shitload of bugs that they knew about and were reported.......And yet once again did feck all about....

The FPS issue was not in beta......

It was introduced in the drop.......Like so many last minute (Non Beta) code changes just before the drop in the past.....

I'm past reporting problems.....Coz fuck all is done about them....

It makes us beta testers look like fookin idiots........

/Rant

(Not directed directly)
And FD get folk to pay for beta........... My gast is flabbered.....

*Al*
Master
Master

Postby *Al* » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:48 am

I would like to thanks Lor for the idea of this thread.

I do not have the FPS problem at the moment but I've just woken up and not yet had my coffee so........

I'm going to delete all the 'non' people from the list leaving just the people I really like. If you happen to be on the "Al exit list" and are upset you don't meet the grade get over yourself.....

Oh, and the special folk that I leave on the list, please focus harder in future....
Last edited by *Al* on Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Phillipus
Expert
Expert

Postby Phillipus » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:53 am

Xebeth wrote:Whilst I'm not doubting the connection as removing people from the friends list is improving frame rates for people, I can't for the life of me imagine how the two are connected. If it was impacting on load times, or the mission board opening, and things of that ilk I could see it, but FPS???

Perhaps because the client is now having to get friends' avatar data over the network?

*Al*
Master
Master

Postby *Al* » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:19 am

Phillipus wrote:
Xebeth wrote:Whilst I'm not doubting the connection as removing people from the friends list is improving frame rates for people, I can't for the life of me imagine how the two are connected. If it was impacting on load times, or the mission board opening, and things of that ilk I could see it, but FPS???

Perhaps because the client is now having to get friends' avatar data over the network?

I think that is a probable, plus us all messing about with the holo so lots of work.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:56 am

My FPS issue is fixed for me now.

I can tell you in my case, I had well over 150 people on my list. Of those, I have spoken to maybe 20. Of those 20, I had spoken to maybe 10 more than once. So the vast majority of those people I had never spoken to in game, connected with in game, or even ran into in game.

We live in a world were "social" is a game of numbers. "I have 300 friends on Facebook" is an accomplishment. Yet of those 300 you actually have met 20-30. Sorry but if people are bothered by the fact that their name does not appear on a list, that is an issue I can't help with. Hell, I can't even call my own home phone number unless I look the number up in my phone. I would not even remember most of "The 300" let alone how Jimmy is related to my cousin I saw once at an Uncles party 20 years ago.

I play this game with a few people on the regular. I talk to a few more. I have never met any of them. Am I offended when I see the "You are no longer friends with" message? Not at all most of the time I wonder and even say out loud "Who the hell was that??" We do what we have to do to play this game because we love the game. FD Breaks shit. We find a work around and keep playing. List or not. Some component on our PC breaks, we get a new one. Shit happens.

Does it suck that I had to do this to get the game to operate decently? Yep. Stupid FD breaking stuff that was not broke in Beta seems to be a Normal operation now. Am I bothered by having to remove people off my list? Yep. I shouldn't have to do things to mitigate what they screwed up. There were some I wanted to keep, but I had to do it so I could keep playing. Does that mean I no longer like those people? Nope.

I payed for Beta access, and did my part on reporting bugs. I understand there are priorities to get them fixed, but breaking shit that was not broke is just plain dumb.

Until then, I will wave and say hello when I pass others in a station or in SC. Chances are, with the number of players in Mobius, I won't see most of them again for a long while. And maybe when FD fixes this problem I can add some people back.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo

Postby GlobusDiablo » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:08 am

Loriath wrote:... in trying to deal with this massive FPS bu I am going to be clearing my friends list out to just a few to see if that makes a difference. Don't take offence, but instead, direct your anger to FD and get them to fix this!

I have a huge list as well, but don't see any of these FPS problems. Odd indeed...

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo

Postby GlobusDiablo » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:13 am

Cmdr Kharma wrote:There.....There.....There......

I'm sure you will manage just fine......

:lol:

During a terrible storm there's a knock at the door. Outside stands mother in law, soaked and crying.

"Good lord mum, what are you doing outside in this terrible weather. Go home."

Goes back to the telly.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:44 pm

Testing this from the opposite angle......

I have 166 in the friends list......

15 online at the moment and FPS is fine........

If it drops I will count friends online......

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

pargyrak
Master
Master
CMDR: pargyrak

Postby pargyrak » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:36 pm

No idea how many friends I have but I accept everyone that sends me an invite. I will not be offended if someone deletes me, in any case I do not know anyone in person specially if there are issues like fps drops.

FB is another beast. I rarely accept anyone I've not met in person (Except Mobius that is...:) )
Order of Mobius Council
Friends call me pargy

Jeffers2112
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Jasper Randall

Postby Jeffers2112 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:09 am

I tested this FPS thing yesterday.
In Solo - 60+
In Open - 60+
In PG Mobius - 18
What's going on here? I presume people have raised tickets for this? Shall I add another?
So I guess I'm playing Solo for a while, don't really want to dump my friends list, and anyway I've got hundreds, it would take ages.
I don't necessarily chat with many of them, so I wouldn't really be losing much, but it's nice to those green ships dotted about the Galaxy.

Return to “General Discussion”