Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Raze
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Rhaze
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Data Point Scans reset?

Postby Raze » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:05 pm

So I am out in Fehu grinding Empire rep, there is only 1 planets that has any ground bases on it. 3 of these bases are scannable outposts. So I grab a round of missions, stop at the first base and scan, go home. Rinse and repeat twice more.

I grab a fourth round of missions, go back to the first scannable base and it says "Accessed" and I cannot scan it. So here I am with missions closing in on expiring, the only 3 places in the entire system to complete these missions tells me they are already used... How the hell are we supposed to finish missions if that's the case? Why would it hand out missions if there is nothing left to scan to complete, gonna lose built up rep now cause they are gonna fail...
Flying with: Thrustmaster HOTAS X
Using: ASTRA and D.A.R.K from Elite Dangerous Voicepack for total immersion.
Powered by: VoiceAttack

Fabiocoelho
Harmless
Harmless

Re: Data Point Scans reset?

Postby Fabiocoelho » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:31 am

Go to the nav beacon, mission status will update telling you to go to planet X (used to be 6B now I think it's planet 5D).
Go there and when you are about to enter that planet orbit line mission will update again and give you an Outpost POI that you can select and drop on it.

Enviado de meu D6543 usando Tapatalk

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:21 am

Good info, both posts. I thought you could only scan a base once. Also nice to know about the nav beacon update.
It's time to give this another go.

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Postby Cometborne » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:06 pm

If you mean the data points on orange poles in planetary settlements: According to the info in ED Pathfinder, these seem to be on a 14 day timer for the purpose of harvesting MEF, CIF, ...
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

Delvin Kaar
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Delvin Kaar

Re: RE: Re: Data Point Scans reset?

Postby Delvin Kaar » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:02 pm

Cometborne wrote:If you mean the data points on orange poles in planetary settlements: According to the info in ED Pathfinder, these seem to be on a 14 day timer for the purpose of harvesting MEF, CIF, ...

Correct. Though I've had a chance to use it, EDPathfinder is spot on. For the Feds Im finishing up my last rank (only 27% to go, but damn it can be painful) in a system I managed to stumble upon in my random, chemically induced wanderings- NLTT 21088.
Much like Fehu, Naitis, and other LRH/S systems, it has several alligned factions, but the kicker here are the bulk of the missions themselves. The majority of them are against the Dragons of Neche, and most of that system is Anarchy. So no bounties levied against you for skimmers or the occasional system defense craft you take off the board. I've been stacking Skimmer Missions there off and on for the last couple of months. Easy money for now, but even after the need in 2.3 it still should be somewhat viable as it's a short hop away.

Fark. I'm realizing I'm way off the point here, needing that those particular surface installations can only be scanned once every couple of weeks I guess to prevent mass hoarding of CIF's and MEF's.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Raze
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Rhaze

Postby Raze » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:40 pm

Ok, so with the Nav Beacon/POI method, is it still going to direct me back to one of the only 3 settlements in Fehu with scannable poles?(giggity), or does that method send me somewhere random and generate something for me to scan? Cause my issue is after 3 trips back and forth to station I've scanned all 3 settlements and from what I've been told now it'll be 14 days till I can do it again...
Flying with: Thrustmaster HOTAS X
Using: ASTRA and D.A.R.K from Elite Dangerous Voicepack for total immersion.