Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
evovi
Master
Master
CMDR: Auloria
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Interdictions

Postby evovi » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:55 pm

Hats off to the NPC pirates, think they've been taking too many hallucinogens - I've had a run of interdictions demanding my cargo... When I'm empty... Needless to say I submit and promptly assure them it was a mistake wasting my time... RIP

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Re: Interdictions

Postby Relix Typhon » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:16 pm

I only seem to get interdicted in my toothless trade-python even when I have no cargo.
But the never seem to bother me when I'm in my engineered FGS, funny that! Lol

evovi
Master
Master
CMDR: Auloria

Postby evovi » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:46 pm

In my Python as well, got a few mods done to it, could be they don't like my spoiler I've had fitted... Or the red pirate paint job it's got...

Takes longer to evade the interdiction than submit and pop em usually...

Sevin Church
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Sevin Church

Postby Sevin Church » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:53 am

Lately I've been getting interdictions by system authorities, or ships from one of the PS factions when I'm currently neutral. Regardless of what I'm flying is frustrating, it's usually when I'm working in that system and don't need a bounty lol.

Capricos
Novice
Novice

Postby Capricos » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:02 am

I'll take pirates on lsd over all these freakin' drunk beluga pilots any day. That's just some extra cash. These beluga's... what the hell. Sit in a busy station on the surface for an hour and see how many beluga carcasses are floating around the entrance when you leave.

Sevin Church
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Sevin Church

Postby Sevin Church » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:46 pm

Yeah, those guys are a pain in the ass. As well as the Asp ships (both types) who come right down the middle of the mail slot when it was clear a second ago.

Pam Demonium
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Pam Demonium

Postby Pam Demonium » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:51 am

They keep trying, I keep beating them at their own game. Its just like getting out of a flat spin.

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Postby Cometborne » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:29 pm

Capricos wrote:I'll take pirates on lsd over all these freakin' drunk beluga pilots any day. That's just some extra cash. These beluga's... what the hell. Sit in a busy station on the surface for an hour and see how many beluga carcasses are floating around the entrance when you leave.

I am thinking dark thoughts about having a scientific whale hunt day: Drop into a tourist beacon in an anarchy system, destroy as many NPC Orca and Beluga as possible, and check what mats they drop. May be a better/more reliable source for various mats than hunting for convoy beacons.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

cmdr 0303
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: 0303

Postby cmdr 0303 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:20 pm

evovi wrote:Hats off to the NPC pirates, think they've been taking too many hallucinogens - I've had a run of interdictions demanding my cargo... When I'm empty... Needless to say I submit and promptly assure them it was a mistake wasting my time... RIP

Yesterday about 30 different names that were send after me...for nothing !
Fish 3 units *bam*
Animal meat 2 Units *bam*
Animal meat 6 units *bam*
Aluminium 6 units *bam*
Animal meat 4 units *bam*
Beer ( i understand this one) ;) 8 units *bam*
Pesticides 9 units *bam* and much more... not only frustrating but you end up loosing alot of time.
One run i had 15 exhaust manifold units for one place and 15 for another place (2 missions)...10 secs after i purchased the items *bam* 2 other zombies on my tail :evil:
Their names get beter thou..."pate kerry" is one i remember :lol:

As for the exploding ships in the hub, never ever would a system like that come operational...look @ the airfields, planes come & go in a diff. direction for safety. So in space nobody would build this kind of letterbox and make it in- and out coming traffic. 1 in and 1 out in the opposit direction.
Btw, we should be docking on the outside, descend and get out from inside the hub...would be soooo cool 8-).

What will bring us today ?
* i never see a planet like our moon, just rocky & dusty...anyone ? Thanks pilots, be safe !
"Oggi in figura, domani in sepoltura" (Today in person, tomorrow in the grave)

Cometborne
Master
Master
CMDR: Cometborne

Postby Cometborne » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:27 pm

I am running missions for the order at the moment, and every fetch mission means 2-4 NPCs are being sent after me. Trolling for them until they finally attack is somewhat tiring, and most of them are too stupid to interdict me when I am crawling along at 0 throttle. The first time you watch an NPC doing loops of shame around you is hilarious, but it gets really old really fast.

Fortunately, I found that 25% throttle works better when trolling for mission NPC ;) And if you do your trolling in the right system, the bounty vouchers can be used to boost the influence of your favourite faction.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap for reasonable prices

Return to “General Discussion”