Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Avago-Earo
Master
Master
CMDR: AVAGO EARO
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Elite: Dangerous reviews

Postby Avago-Earo » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:41 pm

Combiseries wrote:I've read a few of those and they seem to be heavily biased either way.

Shame isn't it? ED vs SC springs to mind. I've seen so called reviews where the commentary is weighted on way or the other with things like flight mechanics and newtonian physics, first law of motion and all that and it's so obvious where it's going.It becomes a comparison of two things rather than reporting an experience of one.

I want to learn about stuff from information not opinions. It doesn't even annoy me any more.I've become immune. It just makes me think 'Ho Hum that was another wasted click' and I move on.
"Wibble"

Combiseries

Postby Combiseries » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:51 pm

Avago-Earo wrote:
Combiseries wrote:I've read a few of those and they seem to be heavily biased either way.

Shame isn't it? ED vs SC springs to mind. I've seen so called reviews where the commentary is weighted on way or the other with things like flight mechanics and newtonian physics, first law of motion and all that and it's so obvious where it's going.It becomes a comparison of two things rather than reporting an experience of one.

I want to learn about stuff from information not opinions. It doesn't even annoy me any more.I've become immune. It just makes me think 'Ho Hum that was another wasted click' and I move on.

I agree. I'm of the notion that perhaps there are reviews there that are just written by people who don't have any interest in the game whatsoever and just want to plug someone else's game. I cannot help feel that perhaps FD did release a little too early though. Maybe because No Mans Sky is coming to PC and he wanted to release Elite before that came out - much like egosoft did with X-Rebirth when they released that early because of Elite Dangerous. It really is a mixed bag of feelings, let's wait a week and see how the reviews pan out, the school ground antics will have worn off by then.

Myka
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Myka Lanserra

Postby Myka » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:59 pm

In general I've found metacritic reviews to *mostly* be useless. There are a few that are genuine reviews but the majority are heavily biased in either direction.

It's all a matter of taste I guess, but I once posted what I thought was a proper review that looked at pros and cons for a game that induced a lot of rage (admittedly it was a buggy release) from memory I gave it a 6 or 7 outof 10, and got downvoted to hell for it because I wasn't actively trying to burn the game in righteous fire and giving it a 0 rating :P!

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby GlobusDiablo » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:47 pm

Combiseries

Postby Combiseries » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:13 pm

GlobusDiablo wrote:Here's one from IncGamers:

http://www.incgamers.com/2014/12/elite-dangerous-review

I think thats pretty much spot on. A good fair review. Lets wait and see what happens with the expansion packs.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:59 pm

Yep.....I'd agree with that........

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Jockgit64
Master
Master
CMDR: Jockgit

Postby Jockgit64 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:50 pm

Time is my favourite ELO album, headphones on, kick back, enjoy the opera... excellent. :D

christoff
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Christoff

Postby christoff » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:52 pm

Pretty good review that, and very fair IMO
[url="http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=38362"]Image[/url]

GlobusDiablo
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: GlobusDiablo

Postby GlobusDiablo » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:52 am

Jockgit64 wrote:Time is my favourite ELO album, headphones on, kick back, enjoy the opera... excellent. :D

Oh yes. :)

Avago-Earo
Master
Master
CMDR: AVAGO EARO

Postby Avago-Earo » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:50 pm

The Gadget Show put Elite: Dangerous at number 3 of 2014 games:

http://gadgetshow.channel5.com/review/s ... ster-games
"Wibble"

Return to “General Discussion”