Re: FDev, please remove open play from the game

Postby TorTorden » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:40 pm

FDev should just rename it to.
"Take me to the assholes!"

Sounds perfect for OP actually.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Phillipus
Expert
Expert
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Phillipus » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:59 pm

PulsarShark wrote:OP is troll post.

Yep. OP - come back on April 1st.

Lanceor
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Lanceor
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Lanceor » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:06 am

Troll post or not, those opposed to Mobius have long complained that Mobius and other private groups should be banned, simply because they don't agree with the way we play the game.

Let's not follow the same path, wanting something banned because we disagree with it.

(However, we are free to agree with each other that those who gank newbies are immature little pricks.)
Very little game time, but often chatting at work.

charlie2alpha
Expert
Expert
CMDR: charlie2alpha

Postby charlie2alpha » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:04 am

Troll post or not the fact is that E: D gives you the right to choose. Open Play is truly open with all the dangers that may bring. Solo guarantees you'll never ever see another human being. And for everything else the private groups come into play. Granted, the private groups are not 100% ideal for people who would want a universal PvE-only mode because these groups have technical limits in how many members they can handle and that's what caused Mobius to split in more than one group. But under the circumstances that's the best that can be done.

Dave Sewell
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Markev Tierson

Postby Dave Sewell » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:04 pm

Lol. I don't mind 'open' being there. I would play in it if it was not full of ritalin deficient moron kids. Being 'pirated' adds to the fun, being asked to dump your cargo or die and having the option to do or run for it..no problem. But jumping into a system and having some voiceless trigger happy advert for the pro abortion lobby kill you for giggles is NOT fun....so I found the arms of Mobius, where the 'moron' elemet has all but been removed. I think Open is important, and obviously provides a play style that many enjoy. Like I said..i'd enjoy it too (a bit of extra danger) but not in its current form. Perhaps the button for open should lead to a warning pop up that asks if you "are willing to play with twitchy children deprived of medication and mentally inadequate adolescents with self worth issues who compensate by 'killing' in game to empower themselves and make up for real world shortcummings " and then you have to click yes or no one more time. :-)

Falcon_D
Master
Master
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar

Postby Falcon_D » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:48 pm

Taranava wrote:
Falcon_D wrote:Hmmm... Interesting. After playing for nearly 2 years now, I think I can appreciate the accidental clicking of "Open" and being instantly killed by non-consentual PvP a bad thing.
Therefore I fully support the removal of Open in its current form. Replace it with Open PvE . And anyone who wants to PvP can join a private group. :evil:
This would totally stop players from "accidentally" clicking "Open" and being instantly killed by "griefers".

How about an Open PVE and Open PVP? If they're clearly marked then there will be no confusion.

As others have said the OP was a troll post and therefore my response.
I have always advocated choice. Open PvP. Open PvE. Group. Solo. Felt this was the strength of ED when I first started playing. Though there is no Open PvE and Möbius is the closest we have come to that.
When I strarted playing, I started on the assumption that this was a PvP game after reading about it on the net. ED had PG and Solo mode. But I thought PGs were just for online friends and that Solo was just a gimped version of ED. I picked up ED while waiting for SC, thought ED was just going to be a sideshow and a time killer while waiting for the "real game" to come out. I started flying my Sidey in Open, fully expecting to get blown up by some uber ship as soon as I left the starter station. Didn't happen. Kept switching to Solo once in awhile. Posted what I was doing on the other forum and got introduced to Möbius. Been playing ED nearly exclusively since (Andromeda on the way.)

What I've noticed as time went on playing ED is that this game is actually a PvE game where you can shoot each other. Why do I say this? Cause I've played games that were designed with PvP in mind with PvE mechanics added as an option (EvE) and games with PvE in mind and PvP added as a sideshow (LOTRO). And ED's game design strikes me as more of a PvE game.
There is absolutely no gain from PvP in this game. Game wise. It's just for personal satisfaction.
I also realise that FDevs experience has been more to single player games, which by definition are not PvP centered. Any multiplayer functionality usually involves cooperative play or social interaction.
So the current implementation of PvP in ED is clumsy at best. I.e. A PvE game where you can shoot each other.

Have fun, fly safe. o7

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:36 pm

Falcon_D wrote: (Andromeda on the way.) = Hard on

FTFY.......

:D

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Return to “General Discussion”