Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Soulmirror
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Soulmirror
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Back after a loooooong break

Postby Soulmirror » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:47 am

I was reading the news on FB about Rafferty's being in danger and I decided to update my game and fly for a few days. Here is where I stand:

Credits: 8,000,000
PvE: Novice 50%
Trading: Merchant 43%
Exploration: Trailblazer 53%

I am driving an Diamondback scout and am willing to trade it in on a hauler. My questions are:

1) Where in the heck do I need to go?
2) What ship would be the greatest assistance to the mission with my funds?

Thanks in advance, I actually ran a few training missions and flew around the local system tonight, so I am ready to make the trip and assist the gang.

its-dangerous-to-go-alone.jpg
its-dangerous-to-go-alone.jpg (14.9 KiB) Viewed 3043 times

JustSomeGuy
Master
Master
CMDR: Murhapuro
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Back after a loooooong break

Postby JustSomeGuy » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:03 am

Welcome back commander!

Take a look at this forum thread;
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6979

In short, buy basic medicines and sell them at Azrael system, Rafferty's Mobius station. You'll make a good profit too.
I play on PC, in the Mobius PVE Eurasia group.

Lanceor
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Lanceor

Postby Lanceor » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:40 am

Welcome back!

To be honest... do whatever you find fun, but helps the order of Mobius at the same time. Don't splash your cash on a new ship unless it really is what you want. I'm pretty sure that after a week hanging around Azreal, you'll have much more to spend on a bigger, badder ship. :)

While we're in a state of Outbreak, trading basic medicines would help the Order of Mobius and earn you a profit at the same time.

Any sort of non-combat mission given by the Order of Mobius will also help our cause.

Once the war starts, feel free to team up with any available commanders for a bit of pew pew if you're interested. Space combat is fun, but it's even more fun in a group. :)
Very little game time, but often chatting at work.

Soulmirror
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Soulmirror

Postby Soulmirror » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:45 am

Thanks for the info, I am in Mu Horologii and found basic meds in bulk, now I need a ship. I am in an explorer, the only trader in Mu is an 8 unit model (entry level hauler). Does anyone know of a website that lists ships and buying locations or does anyone know of a decent hauler close to Azreal. Thanks in advance / Soul

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:01 am

Soulmirror wrote:Thanks for the info, I am in Mu Horologii and found basic meds in bulk, now I need a ship. I am in an explorer, the only trader in Mu is an 8 unit model (entry level hauler). Does anyone know of a website that lists ships and buying locations or does anyone know of a decent hauler close to Azreal. Thanks in advance / Soul

http://eddb.io/ is your friend. Under stations, put in the Ship you are looking for, what internals are a must (say 4a FSD), and where you are in the reference system, and it will find what station closest has what you want.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Lanceor
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Lanceor

Postby Lanceor » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:11 am

Also bookmark https://coriolis.edcd.io/ - This lets you theorycraft your ship build offline.
Very little game time, but often chatting at work.

Orkekum
Expert
Expert
CMDR: Orkekum

Postby Orkekum » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:33 pm

and i could recommend a cobra to begin with, good speed and ok cargo

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon

Postby tinnitus » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:21 pm

I will do a few Cargo runs into Azrael, Rafferty's Mobius station this morning and mission later when I get back from Ice fishing,
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Qpidstunt
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: CMDR Qpidstunt

Postby Qpidstunt » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:39 am

I recently returned after a long break about 2 weeks ago and as Loriath says, http://eddb.io/ is great for shopping, both for ships and trade routes.

I got myself to Azreal only Thursday night so haven't yet started doing missions there but read in another post (in the Mobius FB group I think) that Pirates are on the rise so make sure whatever ship you pick has chaff / shield boosters to allow you to run - or Wing up with someone. There are lots of CMDRs around there at the moment under the circumstances so should be plenty of opportunity.

I've kitted out my Python for trading and will also be doing the Medical Supply runs, I'd say give me a shout in game and we can wing up BUT as its a Friday I cannot guarentee what state I'll be in later - might see me ping ponging around the letterbox! lol

charlie2alpha
Expert
Expert
CMDR: charlie2alpha

Postby charlie2alpha » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:56 am

Must be a winter thing, I'm also coming back after a long break, 2 months off Elite and 6 months outside the bubble!

Return to “General Discussion”