CMDR Lenderz
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Lenderz
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

I got killed?

Postby CMDR Lenderz » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:27 pm

Hi,

I'm new to the forums but have been on Mobius for a good few months now, its ideal for my play style as caring for a sick relative means I need to go AFK at short notice for frequent bursts.

I'm a bit puzzled and I'm wondering if anyone knows anything which may shed some light onto what happened to me last night, I've been exploring the alien ruins when I get time to play, and putting my SRV back into my Exploraconda when I'm AFK.

Last night I got called away from the game and fell asleep before I got back to my computer, I returned this morning to the rebuy screen, now I was definitely sat in my exploraconda, outside the ruins, and on Mobius PVE private group. Did anyone see me blow up last night? Anyone got any idea of what may have occurred?

My biggest upset isn't the rebuy but the huge amount of exploration data and bounty claims lost. I'll live with it, but I thought I'd ask. Oh and hello by the way, I hope to become a more active member of the forums now I'm signed up :)

CMDR Lenderz

AndyB
Master
Master
CMDR: Andy Bulman

Re: I got killed?

Postby AndyB » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:34 pm

my advice is to check the journal file, open it in notepad, that will contain the info you seek.

The journal files are written into the user's Saved Games folder, eg, for Windows:
C:\Users\User Name\Saved Games\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\
The filename is of the form Journal...log, similar to network log files
Combat: Elite Trade: Elite Exploration: Elite

Mobius PvE Group Facebook Admin,
Mobius PvE Group Forum Moderator,
Mobius PvE Lead Admin,
Mobius PvE America Lead Admin,
Mobius Factions Assistant Admin,
Mobius PvE Eurasia Assistant Admin,

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:34 pm

Yes check your logs.

But I have been attacked several times whilst sitting on a planet.

By Sys Auth if I am carrying illicit goods and by pirates if I have something nice in my hold.

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:46 pm

Cmdr Kharma wrote:Yes check your logs.

But I have been attacked several times whilst sitting on a planet.

By Sys Auth if I am carrying illicit goods and by pirates if I have something nice in my hold.

And 'nice' being anything whatsoever at all.

Also the ruins are a busy place atm, and as with a cg any busy instance area becomes dickhead central I wouldn't go there in Mobius, let alone open.

As for safety, as Kharma mentions, npc will spawn randomly and often engage, so to be safe drop to main menu.
You don't even need to dock back in ship, it's quite safe to log of on surfaces now.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

CMDR Lenderz
Harmless
Harmless

Postby CMDR Lenderz » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:56 pm

AndyB wrote:my advice is to check the journal file, open it in notepad, that will contain the info you seek.

The journal files are written into the user's Saved Games folder, eg, for Windows:
C:\Users\User Name\Saved Games\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\
The filename is of the form Journal...log, similar to network log files

Thanks for that, didn't even realise it was a thing, I'll have a look asap.

andrewg_oz
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Werdna

Postby andrewg_oz » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:09 am

You probably just ran out of fuel

CMDR Lenderz
Harmless
Harmless

Postby CMDR Lenderz » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:59 pm

Having checked the log

{ "timestamp":"2017-01-18T01:24:23Z", "event":"ReceiveText", "From":"$cmdr_decorate:#name=Arass;", "From_Localised":"CMDR Arass", "Message":"well, o7 cmdrs, I'm off for tonight. Good luck with the search", "Channel":"local" }
{ "timestamp":"2017-01-18T01:52:13Z", "event":"ShieldState", "ShieldsUp":false }
{ "timestamp":"2017-01-18T01:58:02Z", "event":"ReceiveText", "From":"$cmdr_decorate:#name=Archon Wilde;", "From_Localised":"CMDR Archon Wilde", "Message":"Say, any of you CMDRS aware if there is any Sulpher on this rock? I'm about out of fuel in my SRV...", "Channel":"local" }
{ "timestamp":"2017-01-18T01:59:43Z", "event":"Died" }
{ "timestamp":"2017-01-18T06:43:15Z", "event":"Resurrect", "Option":"rebuy", "Cost":7910419, "Bankrupt":false }

are the only lines around the death, I would have expected more detail than 'event died'... is that normal?

hawkpilot
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Hawkpilot

Postby hawkpilot » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:30 pm

It seems that your ship lost shields at 01:52:13 and exploded at 01:59:43, some 7+minutes later. If it's not a bug, something was interacting with it, dealing damage in a slow rate. If I were you, I'd contact FDev by raising a support ticket.

EDIT: the time between shields down and explosion is exactly 7m30s, which is the time a D-rated life support lasts. Did you run out of fuel?

CMDR Lenderz wrote:Having checked the log

{ "timestamp":"2017-01-18T01:24:23Z", "event":"ReceiveText", "From":"$cmdr_decorate:#name=Arass;", "From_Localised":"CMDR Arass", "Message":"well, o7 cmdrs, I'm off for tonight. Good luck with the search", "Channel":"local" }
{ "timestamp":"2017-01-18T01:52:13Z", "event":"ShieldState", "ShieldsUp":false }
{ "timestamp":"2017-01-18T01:58:02Z", "event":"ReceiveText", "From":"$cmdr_decorate:#name=Archon Wilde;", "From_Localised":"CMDR Archon Wilde", "Message":"Say, any of you CMDRS aware if there is any Sulpher on this rock? I'm about out of fuel in my SRV...", "Channel":"local" }
{ "timestamp":"2017-01-18T01:59:43Z", "event":"Died" }
{ "timestamp":"2017-01-18T06:43:15Z", "event":"Resurrect", "Option":"rebuy", "Cost":7910419, "Bankrupt":false }

are the only lines around the death, I would have expected more detail than 'event died'... is that normal?

CMDR Lenderz
Harmless
Harmless

Postby CMDR Lenderz » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:55 pm

andrewg_oz wrote:You probably just ran out of fuel

you were right, I did, I didn't even know that was a thing... been playing since beta and dammit I didn't even know that could happen.

This is so damn embarrassing, I felt certain it would be a bug! :o

Falcon_D
Master
Master
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar

Postby Falcon_D » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:06 pm

Interesting.
I always thought that once you landed the engines shutdown and you go into a sort of battery use state. So you don't use up fuel.

Return to “General Discussion”