Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Commiekaze
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Commiekaze
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Trading has issues with NPCs destroying the economy

Postby Commiekaze » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:40 pm

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=74333&page=9&p=1226597&viewfull=1#post1226597

Just a heads up that we are investigating some issues with trading - we believe the big issue is caused by the level of AI trading. We'll tweak this down tomorrow.

Michael

This may have even been happening before 2.04. Explains why the Yarigui routes died in like 2 days. This is also why trading usual goods to systems that have demand for them (like sending crop harvesters from industrial to agricultural systems) yeilds major losses of 500c+. This may be why last night when I was documenting all those systems, there was like no profit even though they had demands for different goods.

CMDR_COENEN
Competent
Competent
CMDR: COENEN

Re: Trading has issues with NPCs destroying the economy

Postby CMDR_COENEN » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:34 pm

FD has issued a small server-side patch that should give us traders a bit of air.
Message from Michael Brookes

Partial quote:
Fixed a bug that was sometimes causing a market to flip from being a net consumer to a net producer when the AI traders supplied significantly more into that market than the market demands. This will mean that many commodities currently listed at a low level of 'demand' will revert back to the 'not interested' price, as they should have been.

- Fixed a small set of bugs that were working together to cause the AI traders to significantly over supply an import market in a specific set of circumstances.

DustKart
Competent
Competent
CMDR: DustKart

Postby DustKart » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:31 pm

Good. Hope this starts to sort the markets out!.
:|

CMDR_COENEN
Competent
Competent
CMDR: COENEN

Postby CMDR_COENEN » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:00 pm

Well, since I posted this I traded around Aulin using only the import/export list and the galactic average of the market at each stations and traveling around. I must say, it's getting sane. I'm not losing money right now and visiting a random list of stations. It seems to get better by the hour.

Return to “General Discussion”