Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Fake or real - you decide!

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:06 am

My thinking exactly......

It seems FD have said OUR initial reaction will determine the outcome......

Now I would have laughed if FD had done something like......

Ship fires on "Daffodil"........

Daffodil stops....Turns around....Unleashes all hell and blow ship apart in a nano second......

CMDR...Just see's "GAME OVER"........

No rebuy screen and has to start again from scratch....

THAT would have made me piss myself laughing.....

:D

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

JustSomeGuy
Master
Master
CMDR: Murhapuro

Postby JustSomeGuy » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:24 am

Well it was 100% certain at that very moment it was said that our initial reaction will determine the outcome. Of course a lot of idiots start shooting at them. Never had any doubt. Human race at it's finest.

To me it seems that when our ship loses power, It does not actually lose power as shields seem to be online all the time. When that one commander was attacked by that Anaconda, you can see that blue shine on the dashboard indicating that shields are online.

Edit: Now we start wondering what to expect from them.. From now on are Thargoids just one more npc to interdict and shoot us and nothing else? Then again if those things turn hostile, it's the end. If they can turn our ships helpless just by doing a flyby, there's nothing we can do to defend ourselves.
I play on PC, in the Mobius PVE Eurasia group.

JustSomeGuy
Master
Master
CMDR: Murhapuro

Postby JustSomeGuy » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:55 am

Cmdr Kharma wrote:Daffodil stops....Turns around....Unleashes all hell and blow ship apart in a nano second......

CMDR...Just see's "GAME OVER"........

No rebuy screen and has to start again from scratch....

THAT would have made me piss myself laughing.....

:D

I admit, that would have been satisfying :D
I play on PC, in the Mobius PVE Eurasia group.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:44 pm

JustSomeGuy wrote:To me it seems that when our ship loses power, It does not actually lose power as shields seem to be online all the time. When that one commander was attacked by that Anaconda, you can see that blue shine on the dashboard indicating that shields are online.

My impression was that the alien was providing the protection - not ship's shields. Notice how the plasma bolt seems to just stop and hang in mid-air? Also, I don't remember seeing beam lasers just end out in front of me when they hit my shields, but it's been a long time since I've been in a big ship and had beams shot at me.

So if aliens can just shrug off our weapons, and things go badly, as they surely will, then I think we may need to develop some new weapons.
It's time to give this another go.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:51 pm

Nothing to decide.
It just happened to me as well.

Took Maggie the Aspx out to look for shiny bits this morning, first got some corrosion resistant cargo racks and then picked up a few UA's from a crash site I had bookmarked.

Hopped around the nebula for a bit and then suddenly.
BOOM!.
Fast forward to 10:50 if you don't want look at me faffing around for 11 minutes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72RzGIO2LoI

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:29 pm

This "Encounter" is a little disappointing. It is completely the same on every video. SO same that the angle it approaches, identical. Its orientation to the ships, identical. The point where it sets the ship spinning identical. The position on the hud when it comes back online, identical. The length of time from the initial low growl to the point it opens up and scans, identical.
The length, the angles, the wave form of the sounds, the positions, the rotational angle.

The entire thing is absolutely scripted. It would not make a damn bit of difference if there were a thousand ships there and they all opened fire at once, nothing will happen to it. It is about as dynamic an event as the asteroids in the rings. You cannot shoot them and cause any lasting damage, you can't move them no matter how hard you slam the biggest ships in the game into them. You cannot stop, increase, or decrease their rotational speed.

Its just another scripted object. I am disappointed. I had hope that at least the movement, duration, angles of approach and departure would be different to at least indicate that there was something dynamic in these encounters. They are all exactly the same. You met the criteria. You had a UA on board and were in the area they defined. A+B=C.

I bet 10 bucks that EVERY person in ED that went to the area in question with a UA in their hold could have a meet and greet with this thing. Don't get your hopes up people. This is all you get till they actually decide to give us more. Just like in Hollywood, Hyping Movies with trailers for stuff that is not even out for a year.

As far as I can see, they are nothing more than fancy asteroid type scripted, non interactive objects.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly

Postby TorTorden » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:36 pm

Well, scripted sequence remain scripted.

Colour me shocked.

I don't even think you have to have a UA, just being in the area and jumping around seems to be enough.

Granted, with they could have done is have some dude in the office fly the thing, interdicting random players and thus have some variation to it.

Granted that would mean they would have had to at least makeshift a flyable ship for it.

Have I mentioned I want one.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

de Carabas
Master
Master
CMDR: de Carabas

Postby de Carabas » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:11 pm

Tor, have you had a look in your netlog or Journal files to see if there's anything interesting in there?

Now on the BBC news website
Last edited by de Carabas on Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rename your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer Visit MartianFire for more info.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly

Postby TorTorden » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:13 pm

de Carabas wrote:Tor, have you had a look in your netlog or Journal files to see if there's anything interesting in there?

That was my next stop.
Having lunch/early dinner.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:27 pm

Loriath wrote:This "Encounter" is a little disappointing. <snip>

Yes. Add this to a long list of things that I have no desire to see or do in this game because they were revealed in online videos (that I'm too weak not to watch). :|
It's time to give this another go.

Return to “General Discussion”