Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Wood67
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Wood67
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Attacked by CMDR

Postby Wood67 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:04 pm

Is this the right place to log an attack by a Mobius CMDR? On my way to Farseer Inc and interdicted. Dropped out of SC to be attacked by a CMDR - no warnings or comms. I sent a message but no response. In the end I logged at 15% hull which I hate to do, but this is not why I came to Mobius anyway. I don't have video, but I do have the EDDiscovery viewer which shows the CMDR details and interdiction (though oddly enough not the firing - perhaps it would have been clearer if I hadn't logged.

Can supply screenshot of EDDisc.

UnmarkedBoxcar
Master
Master
CMDR: UnmarkedBoxcar
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Attacked by CMDR

Postby UnmarkedBoxcar » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:08 pm

Gather up all the info you've got and send it to the forum administrators. :) You can do that by sending a private message to their group,

Or this link should work.

memberlist.php?mode=contactadmin

Wood67
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Wood67

Postby Wood67 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:18 pm

Will do, thanks

AndyB
Master
Master
CMDR: Andy Bulman

Postby AndyB » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:19 pm

we had another report just over an hour ago via our facebook group, you must have been his last victim before we removed him. was he flying a cutter by any chance? cmdr name beginning L A?

contact the admin team anyway, include of copy of your journal log text as well, these can be found in C:\Users\<User Name>\Saved Games\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Journal<timestamp>.log
Combat: Elite Trade: Elite Exploration: Elite

Mobius PvE Group Facebook Admin,
Mobius PvE Group Forum Moderator,
Mobius PvE Lead Admin,
Mobius PvE America Lead Admin,
Mobius Factions Assistant Admin,
Mobius PvE Eurasia Assistant Admin,

bucrepus
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: bucrepus

Postby bucrepus » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:33 am

Just got blasted myself in Morgor by <<redacted>>. Just joined the group tonight.

Mouse
Master
Master
CMDR: Baigs

Postby Mouse » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:58 am

Still don't understand this mentality... "They don't play our way.. lets be selfish prigs and go their and shoot em.. that will teach em.. "
In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - HHGTTGImageImage

uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång

Postby uvelius » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:45 am

Mouse wrote:Still don't understand this mentality... "They don't play our way.. lets be selfish prigs and go their and shoot em.. that will teach em.. "

Ah, the joy of the "complete bonkers" part of our brains ... even more amusing how those poor souls defend their ganking as "rightful", "point out game flaws", "Private groups are sooooooo unfair" and other cow rear end exhausts.

Thankfully, they are just kicked out of Mobius and that's it, and boy, are they enraged about it – it is really amusing to hear the super-tough anti-carebears whine about us :D

One of our Fuel Rats has developed quite an effective strategy how to deal with those in Open. His livestream when he over and over offered to let himself being destroyed, constantly cuddlying them with "why are you doing this?" "you have such a nice ship", "show me your rear guns", "let us land on a planet together for a screenie" quite visibly put those people off ...

Myrm

Postby Myrm » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:20 am

uvelius wrote:... our Fuel Rats has developed quite an effective strategy how to deal with those in Open. His livestream when he over and over offered to let himself being destroyed, constantly cuddlying them with "why are you doing this?" "you have such a nice ship", "show me your rear guns", "let us land on a planet together for a screenie" quite visibly put those people off ...

Not sure how that would put them off, it certainly wouldn't put me off if I was a ganker/griefer, or whatever the preferred nomenclature is. In fact it would probably make me want to destroy them to shut them up :lol:

uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång

Postby uvelius » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:44 am

Myrm wrote:Not sure how that would put them off, it certainly wouldn't put me off if I was a ganker/griefer, or whatever the preferred nomenclature is. In fact it would probably make me want to destroy them to shut them up :lol:

Oh, trust me, it was annoying for the ganker (or whichever term one prefers). And they had some hard time getting their brains around the thought that someone deliberately didn't care about being destroyed by them, over and over again. A reason for ganking should be making the target angry/depressed and harvesting hate infamy ...

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby JohnLuke » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:15 am

bucrepus wrote:Just got blasted myself in Morgor by <<redacted>>. Just joined the group tonight.

Sorry to hear that you were attacked. Please contact the admins with details so that they can follow up.

group (mobius or mobius PvE) system, commander name (redacted here to comply with our policies), and any screenshots or video that you may have. Thanks.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Return to “General Discussion”