Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
KLED
Novice
Novice
CMDR: KLED
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Quick and FREE Fed Ranking

Postby KLED » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:01 am

Personally I'd rather have more options. I've had a Cutter for about 6 months and I spend more time flying my Courier, only getting the Cutter out when I feel like doing some trading. I recently got an Anaconda for combat and long range travel (as in, fly somewhere with the huge engineered jump range and ship my Courier over to do what I need to do there).

In about two months of screwing around and doing whatever missions pop up when I'm in the mood, I made about 60% progress within a single rank for the Feds, at that rate I'll never have access to a Corvette (or even the Gunship). So, a circuit of Fed rank grinding here and there just speeds things up. That way in a month or so if I want to fly a Corvette I can, if I don't I won't.

Rylo Ken
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Rylo Ken
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Rylo Ken » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:19 am

Cmdr Kharma wrote:Why is everyone in so much of a rush to get to the end of the line.......

Just take it slow and enjoy the view.......

Completely my own opinion of course........

Rush...Rush.....Rush.....

Why ????

Who said it's the end of the line? I'm pretty sure my game didn't stop functioning when I got the corvette. I'm pretty certain there is plenty left to do and see.

I say I'm just getting started. I won't apologize that I chose to play the game differently than you.

RK

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AJH
Competent
Competent
CMDR: AJH
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby AJH » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:24 am

Roger Wilco Jr wrote:
Cmdr Kharma wrote:Why is everyone in so much of a rush to get to the end of the line.......

Sounds like someone who's been playing for years. ;)

I agree, I'd rather make trades until I can afford to upgrade my wonky FSD and expand into other systems.

I know for me I end up playing less because of the grind. I play because it's fun to try ships and fly around and do stuff in VR, but having to look for rank missions to accomplish what I want to accomplish makes it substantially less enjoyable, so being able to get them out of the way and be able to do what I enjoy about the game instead is appealing. If it wasn't for VR I might have a very different attitude about it, but then I probably wouldn't bother with the game as much either.

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:31 am

Just for context, I did 3 delivery/data missions last night before I logged (one of which was 30+LY) and I didn't even get a 1% increase.
Can't decide if I'm just unlucky or they've nerfed. I'll know more when I get back on later.

CMDR Allbright
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: John Allbright

Postby CMDR Allbright » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:47 pm

Is this still a thing or did they nerf it already? I'm close to this system right now. Really looking to make some decent credits.
Everyone should have their mind blown once a day. -Neil deGrasse Tyson

tekcor
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Tekcor

Postby tekcor » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:57 pm

Semi nerf. The mission board will often load empty, but when it has missions, there are lots of them.

CMDR Allbright
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby CMDR Allbright » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:42 pm

Arrived last night at Lebedev Installation. I can confirm that that the data delivery missions are still available although the it takes several logs to max out. There are also a lot of surface installation scan missions that pay 100k to 250k + once cordial with the controlling faction.

Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon

Postby Relix Typhon » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:51 pm

I dont really like doing stuff like this but recently its been taking me 3 or 4 missions (usually data) to get a 1% increase, so I just spent some time doing this. So thanks Rylo.
They seem to have dried up after a bit but I'll come back another day. That was always my plan anyway.

tekcor
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Tekcor

Postby tekcor » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:11 am

I was just at Lebedev. I'm only about 1.7 ranks away from Rear Admiral, and I was hoping to bring that down to 1 tonight. But it just isn't giving missions. Very rarely. After about a dozen or more relogs, I think I only got missions once or twice. I'll try again in the morning. I'll be very disappointed if I can't finish off the final ranks though.

CMDR Allbright
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Postby CMDR Allbright » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:56 pm

Logged on last night, got 5 data delivery missions right off the bat and took them all. Got a Fed rank-up mission for the return trip. After that, no missions. Mode switched 10 times and nothing. I'll give it another go tonight and see what happens, but I think it's safe to say this one has dried up.

300k and a Fed rank-up for an hour of game play is none too shabby though.

Return to “General Discussion”