Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Rylo Ken
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Rylo Ken
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Quick and FREE Fed Ranking

Postby Rylo Ken » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:16 pm

Hey folks... I really appreciate the community here and the help I've received. So I thought I'd share... (Disclaimer: This can be found out on the interwebs as well. I do not claim originality but I did this recently to get my Corvette in just 4 days)

TARGET SYSTEMS
1) Col 285 Sector YF-M c8-8 (Lebedev Installation - Planet)
2) Niu Hsing (Gorbatko Terminal - Outpost)
3) Niu Hsing (Cabrera's Claim - Planet)

GUIDE
1) Arrive at Lebedev Installation
2) Take all data courier missions to Niu Hsing (there will be missions to both Gorbatko and Carbrera's)
3) Log until you have 20 (this doesn't take long at all from Lebedev)
4) Fly to Gorbatko in Niu Hsing first (the majority of the missions from Lebedev will be turned in here)
5) Take what data courier missions you can find for Col 285 Lebedev (optional: you can log a few times if you want... but don't spend a lot of time here)
6) Fly to Cabrera's Claim (turn in the rest of the Lebedev missions)
7) Log until you have 15-20 data courier missions back to Lebedev
8) Fly back to Lebedev and turn in all missions
9) Rinse/Repeat until you've reached your goals

NOTES
1) You will need a small/medium ship with a minimum of 4t of cargo space (AspX is the perfect ship IMO w/ enough cargo to take some of the cargo missions on top of the data missions)
2) The distance between the two systems is only 12ly
3) After becoming allied at each place, the data courier missions were/are paying a ton of credits per mission (90,000-150,000). (I didn't min/max during the grind but there were times when I had 20 missions all over 100k credits each)
4) This is my goto missions location (Lebedev) when I need engineer commodities (I log until I've got enough missions for the commodities and then I stack 100k+ credit missions on top until full)
5) Over the course of my grind, I made right at 200 million credits from this alone

So there you have it... I hope this helps someone. If not, please feel free to ignore :)

RK

Xebeth
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: Xebeth

Re: Quick and FREE Fed Ranking

Postby Xebeth » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:24 pm

Great tip, thanks for sharing
Please make sure you have read the Mobius GroupPolicy

Falcon_D
Master
Master
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby Falcon_D » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:05 pm

Interesting. I was thinking of heading to Fed space once I get back to the bubble.
Still want to get the final Fed rank.

Thanks for the info.

Have fun, fly safe. o7

AJH
Competent
Competent
CMDR: AJH

Postby AJH » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:02 pm

Great tip. I've been doing the same thing with Sothis/Ceos, which still works pretty well. I also concur on the ASPx. I have one engineered to give it really fast thrusters so getting in and out of the space stations is extremely fast.

How many data missions were you getting each time you logged on? Sothis/Ceos I seem to average around 3-5 per set of 3 logs, with some going as high as 7. I notice there also seems to be a lot of variety based on the economy state of the faction.

Rylo Ken
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Rylo Ken

Quick and FREE Fed Ranking

Postby Rylo Ken » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:28 pm

AJH wrote:How many data missions were you getting each time you logged on? Sothis/Ceos I seem to average around 3-5 per set of 3 logs, with some going as high as 7. I notice there also seems to be a lot of variety based on the economy state of the faction.

At Lebedev, the mission board was FULL of missions. 10-15 without logging. At Cabrera's, 3-5 was normal without logging. Gorbatko sometimes gave none which is why I recommended not staying there to log.

RK

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tekcor
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Tekcor

Postby tekcor » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:53 am

Party is over. Looks like a server-side nerf. No more missions being offered.

Edit: Looks like incorrect. I was able to knock out another rank tonight after posting this. Missions are a little more scarce, and the board will often pop up completely empty now, but they do pop up. It just requires a little more relogging.
Last edited by tekcor on Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

KLED
Novice
Novice
CMDR: KLED

Postby KLED » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:01 am

I was doing this a few days ago, but I'm taking a break to work on the CG for a while. One of the factions would always have about 30 missions, so with a single relog you'd hit the mission cap, almost guaranteed. There are also plenty of donation missions to speed up the ranking, I found that the rewards from the courier missions would be enough to cover all of the donation missions that appeared (=<200k), just make sure to do the donation missions first before filling up your quota with courier ones.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:29 am

Why is everyone in so much of a rush to get to the end of the line.......

Just take it slow and enjoy the view.......

Completely my own opinion of course........

Rush...Rush.....Rush.....

Why ????

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

tekcor
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Tekcor

Postby tekcor » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:46 am

Cmdr Kharma wrote:Why is everyone in so much of a rush to get to the end of the line.......

Just take it slow and enjoy the view.......

Completely my own opinion of course........

Rush...Rush.....Rush.....

Why ????

Because I've been playing for a year and only made it to rank 3. It's just unreasonable. So yeah, I got from Midshipman to Lieutenant over the past few days. Was hoping to finish it off so I wouldn't have to deal with this crap again.

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:52 am

Cmdr Kharma wrote:Why is everyone in so much of a rush to get to the end of the line.......

Sounds like someone who's been playing for years. ;)

I agree, I'd rather make trades until I can afford to upgrade my wonky FSD and expand into other systems.

But if you really want to try that Vette, which I could play with in beta, and you aren't going to be playing long before moving on to other games, or are already playing other games, then I guess I can see rushing to get through. That's the way I used to play PC games back in the 90's. I'd buy 1-2 new games at Egghead every week or two - and they were $40-$60 each way back then. That was, until I found really good games like Elite and FlightSim.

PS. I don't want to argue with anyone, but I never played a game I thought was "crap" for more than a day or two. :roll:
It's time to give this another go.

Return to “General Discussion”