Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Dutchman141
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Dutchman141
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Tip on long menu loading times on Xbox One

Postby Dutchman141 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:30 pm

This afternoon a moderator "DustyArne" on the FD ED forums for Xbox shared a tip that might improve the Starport services menus but also the Galaxy map loading times on Xbox One.

I suffered from extreme loading times when opening the services at a Starport, opening the Galaxy map could take more the 2 minutes sometimes.
I followed Dusty's tip and changed my dns to the free google dns in the Xbox One network settings.
Primary 8.8.8.8
Secondary 8.8.4.4

It might help you to, the changes for me are dramatic, Starport services open instantly, just as the mission board and passenger lounge.
The biggest change for me is the Galaxy map though, 5 to 6 seconds max waiting time, I was stunned.

If you have these problems then maybe this could help.

Fly save o7

oscarolim
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: oscarolim

Re: Tip on long menu loading times on Xbox One

Postby oscarolim » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:13 am

I can confirm this helped me quite a lot. Yesterday after 4 or 5 hours was loading at pre 2.2 speeds, which is quite good!

BeDoomed
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: BeDoomed

Postby BeDoomed » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:10 pm

As someone who really isn't technologically savvy... <read 'technology retard>. How does this affect other Xbox online functions, gaming online on other games etc?

Thank you

Dutchman141
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Dutchman141

Postby Dutchman141 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:11 pm

It doesn't affect anything in a bad way, you're just telling your xbox or computer to use another dynamic name server, one that is faster then the one your isp uses.
I used the google dns on my pc and my xbox 360 to and never had any problems because of that.
When I got the Xbox One I simply forgot to set that dns, it ran fine with the one from my isp except for Elite Dangerous apparently.
ED still runs smoother for me with the google dns.

BeDoomed
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: BeDoomed

Postby BeDoomed » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:57 am

Must be something else than just DNS settings for me then. I have amended the settings as suggested above, however I haven't noticed any significant change. I'm glad it works for some other players though.

Return to “General Discussion”