2.2 is the best thing that could have happened to Elite for me (with screenshots)

Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Cypher2139
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Cypher2139
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

2.2 is the best thing that could have happened to Elite for me (with screenshots)

Postby Cypher2139 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:48 pm

I know there are probably almost infinite numbers of threads from people on both sides of this opinin already, but just for the record...

I love 2.2, I love the fighters and building up the rank of my pilot. I like that it gives me something measurable to work on, which I think Elite could do with more of.

This will be controversial, but I'm happy Sothis/Ceos were nerfed. This is a selfish one, because I'm only happy with it because I had enough money to last me a while and already had my endgame ship (Corvette) before the nerf. To clarfy, I've had the game since mid 2015 and have Dangerous combat rank, so I'm not one of those 'mostly harmless got a Conda/Vette in a week' people.

But without the worry of "they might nerf it next week, therefore I must do nothing but haul poo just incase" I can now do other things. I've been ranking up engineers for the last week or two between CGs, which while another grind in itself is much more varied than what I was doing before and it's giving me great satisfaction upgrading my Corvette with awesome colourful weapons.

I'm having to go and explore planetary bases to scan data points, go surface prospecting to gather materials and in the process discovered I love the SRV. Often I go down to a planet to just to get a couple of units of something, then before I know it I've been driving around for an hour because I decided to go climb 'that mountain in the distance'.

I'm exploring places I wouldn't normally go, doing different things and feel like I'm playing Elite how it's 'supposed' to be played, if there is such a thing.

I might even have a go at passenger missions once the bugs are ironed out!

Anyway in summary... good job FD, keep it up!

Here are some generic 'I'm enjoying Elite' screenshots from the last couple of weeks. [up]

Kurok
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Kurok

Re: 2.2 is the best thing that could have happened to Elite for me (with screenshots)

Postby Kurok » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:59 pm

nice shots!!

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: 2.2 is the best thing that could have happened to Elite for me (with screenshots)

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:01 pm

Cypher2139 wrote:I'm having to go and explore planetary bases to scan data points, go surface prospecting to gather materials and in the process discovered I love the SRV. Often I go down to a planet to just to get a couple of units of something, then before I know it I've been driving around for an hour because I decided to go climb 'that mountain in the distance'.

I'm exploring places I wouldn't normally go, doing different things and feel like I'm playing Elite how it's 'supposed' to be played, if there is such a thing.

This is the way the A-Team have always played.....

We do not conform to any one role.....

We only grind when we want.....

Basically whether together or apart we have fun....

Oh and in the SRV...

Go to a planetary base and find a way to get as high as you can by climbing the buildings and jumping from one to another.....

Great fun......

:D

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Dudley
Master
Master
CMDR: Dudley_Dawg

Postby Dudley » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:50 pm

Cmdr Kharma wrote:
Cypher2139 wrote:I'm having to go and explore planetary bases to scan data points, go surface prospecting to gather materials and in the process discovered I love the SRV. Often I go down to a planet to just to get a couple of units of something, then before I know it I've been driving around for an hour because I decided to go climb 'that mountain in the distance'.

Oh and in the SRV...

Go to a planetary base and find a way to get as high as you can by climbing the buildings and jumping from one to another.....

Great fun......

Just worthy of a mention here... I have a red SRV named "Barbie.." ;)

o7 Dawg
As a tribute to Tor, my CMDR has small feet too! o7 Dawg

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:40 pm

Dudley wrote:
Cmdr Kharma wrote:

Oh and in the SRV...

Great fun......

Just worthy of a mention here... I have a red SRV named "Barbie.." ;)

o7 Dawg

We keep telling you it is pink.
You are just to colour blind to see it.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:09 pm

TorTorden wrote:We keep telling you it is pink.
You are just to colour blind to see it.

He's right Dawg. Here is the Pic I took of you last night....

:P
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång

Postby uvelius » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:20 pm

A ... awesome Loriath. Especially for a shot at night :D
That colour even scared away the darkness it seems.

As for 2.2, I absolutely love that I now can launch a fighter and race around like mad from my big heavy lumbering Rattaconda.

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:28 pm

Getting this thread back on topic..............

I wholeheartedly agree with you, Cypher. :)

I've been playing E-D since the retail release, almost 2 years ago. I've been double Elite for some time, King in Empire, and Admiral in Federation. I've got all the ships I want, and one might think I've nearly 'done it all' in the game.

I still play ... A LOT. I got hooked on engineer mods (once FD made it a bit easier to collect items), and since 2.2 came out I've been having a lot of fun helping my pilot rank up. I've also become oddly addicted to doing passenger missions in my Beluga. Great payout, and I'm getting a bit of exploration data along the way. (I do mostly tourist missions, 150ly range).

The longest I've gone without playing E-D is 3-4 days, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. There are so many different things that we can do in the game (at the drop of a hat) at any time that it's amazing.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Postby Loriath » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:49 am

Sorry JL, I will get back on topic.

The updates that have meant the most to me in Order:

1. Wings. Without which the A-Team would never be together, which means we would most likely be gone from the game.

2. Horizons. Landing on Planets has given us so much gameplay it is ridiculous. Its not about making money, getting stuff, or any of that. It's all about being goofballs and having the chance to do stupid things with Dumbasses that can laugh and make me laugh more than I can ever explain.

3. Guardians. This has proved to be a great addition to our game play that allows us to be even bigger goofballs.

If The Commanders gives us a chance to play even MORE together (Same ship and such) then it will probably hit #2.

I am looking forward to the Commander Creator because I know dawg with have a Poofy Blonde Hairdo and short skirt and heels because deep down, he wants to be Barbie, but will end up looking like Dolly (Parton or the Sheep, your choice). :P
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Dudley
Master
Master
CMDR: Dudley_Dawg

Postby Dudley » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:45 pm

Loriath wrote:Sorry JL, I will get back on topic.

The updates that have meant the most to me in Order:

1. Wings. Without which the A-Team would never be together, which means we would most likely be gone from the game.

2. Horizons. Landing on Planets has given us so much gameplay it is ridiculous. Its not about making money, getting stuff, or any of that. It's all about being goofballs and having the chance to do stupid things with Dumbasses that can laugh and make me laugh more than I can ever explain.

3. Guardians. This has proved to be a great addition to our game play that allows us to be even bigger goofballs.

If The Commanders gives us a chance to play even MORE together (Same ship and such) then it will probably hit #2.

I am looking forward to the Commander Creator because I know dawg with have a Poofy Blonde Hairdo and short skirt and heels because deep down, he wants to be Barbie, but will end up looking like Dolly (Parton or the Sheep, your choice). :P

:P I do look good in heels... :D

Back on Topic.. (Sorry JL :oops: )

ALL THE ABOVE.. ^^^^ :D

o7 Dawg
As a tribute to Tor, my CMDR has small feet too! o7 Dawg

Return to “General Discussion”