2.2 is the best thing that could have happened to Elite for me (with screenshots)

Discuss anything relating to Elite: Dangerous
Relix Typhon
Master
Master
CMDR: Relix Typhon
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: 2.2 is the best thing that could have happened to Elite for me (with screenshots)

Postby Relix Typhon » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:46 pm

Loriath wrote:I am looking forward to the Commander Creator because I know dawg with have a Poofy Blonde Hairdo and short skirt and heels because deep down, he wants to be Barbie, but will end up looking like Dolly (Parton or the Sheep, your choice). :P

I'm really not looking forward to this, I think FDevs time could be better spent on game features and mechanics. But also, I'm not really arsed about walking around stations either. :|

Roger Wilco Jr
Master
Master
CMDR: Roger Wilco Jr.

Re: 2.2 is the best thing that could have happened to Elite for me (with screenshots)

Postby Roger Wilco Jr » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:24 am

Cypher2139 wrote:This will be controversial, but I'm happy Sothis/Ceos were nerfed...

Hear Hear! As far as I'm concerned, I'm not sure they can nerf this game enough. I just caught a video from Obsidian Ant playing as a new commander in 2.2 (auto played after a video about the future of ED). There was an introductory mission worth 10,000 CR! Back in the day, it probably took me hours to make my first 10,000 CR. And after about an hour, he already had around 250,000 CR, or enough for a Cobra Mk III, just from doing simple missions. I can't remember exactly how long it took, but playing a lot, I had to slowly move up from Sidewinder to Hauler to Adder before I could even think of getting a Cobra.

I could be wrong, but I think I probably had a lot more fun going slowly, as a lowly harmless noob, than I might have making millions of credits on my first night. I still plan on clearing my save and starting over with season 3 (or maybe after 2.3). I'm not really into role-playing, but I might like to try it a bit with an actual commander avatar, especially if my ugly mug pops up on the comms panel and when walking around stations and etc. Now I'm a little worried the game is becoming too damn easy. I suppose I can ignore the missions board and try slow playing as a trader ...

Anyway, I'm still waiting for Microsoft to fix my problem with the CH Throttle. Until then I can't play ED. I suppose if it's not fixed by the time season 3 comes out, I will just have to get something else - probably the Thrustmaster FCS - and hope that works.
It's time to give this another go.

Cypher2139
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Cypher2139

Postby Cypher2139 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:53 pm

RD-83 wrote:
Loriath wrote:I am looking forward to the Commander Creator because I know dawg with have a Poofy Blonde Hairdo and short skirt and heels because deep down, he wants to be Barbie, but will end up looking like Dolly (Parton or the Sheep, your choice). :P

I'm really not looking forward to this, I think FDevs time could be better spent on game features and mechanics. But also, I'm not really arsed about walking around stations either. :|

I have to agree with that, out of all the things FD have planned, the Commander Creater seems like the least effective use of their time.

Now I am however looking forward to being able to get up and move around a bit, but only a BIT! What I mean is, for me one of the biggest differences with the level of realism in something like Battlefield compared to the very arcadey COD has been the animations. When you jump over something, you see the arms and legs perform the action. Just reminds you that you're a 'real' person.

So in the same context, I'd like a few seconds of animation before and after leaving the helm to get in an SRV or fighter, literally just of your character getting out of his chair and turning round before a fade to black, and then the same in reverse when returning to helm.

Return to “General Discussion”