raidan187
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Raidan187
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Report A Player

Postby raidan187 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:23 pm

Hi!

I have been playing elite dangerous for 3 weeks now and really enjoying the game. Had a really good experience in mobius so far, until today.
Felt like trying the CG, went to Maia in Mobius and killed a few NPCs. suddenly im under attack, i turn around and its a CMDR. i spin round just in time to see him launching a salvo of rockets at my face.

really annoyed about this as it cost 750,000+ to rebuy my ship and i had unclaimed bonds that took ages to get because im a noob. how do i report this guy. i really dont think people like him should be in a PVE only club when they attack noobs who enter the zone. i public chatted to ask if anyone could help a noob, or what i was meant to be doing and no one replied. this guy obviously just thought i would be an easy kill. well i was. but i really want him banned for it.

pls help!

smartroad
Master
Master
CMDR: Lase Mooray (PC) smartroad78 (XBOX)
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Report A Player

Postby smartroad » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:32 am

Hi raidan187,

Sorry to hear of your negative experience. Obviously the point of the group is to try and provide a safe playing space. Unfortunately because of the systems around groups sometimes ne'er do wells get into the group.

There is a link you can contact the admins on (on mobile at the moment and can't find it) send them all the details of the attack.

Things to make sure of, were you in Mobius at the time, was it definitely a CMDR (has Cmdr and hollow blob) and do you have a screen grab of death screen or better a video of the incident? Sorry to as obvious stuff but the guys get a number of reports all the time where it happened in open but they thought they were in Mobius etc.

Hopefully going forward things will be better as this is a really friendly group!

Edit: report link memberlist.php?mode=contactadmin
Group Policy - The Order of Mobius General Orders

raidan187
Harmless
Harmless

Postby raidan187 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:50 am

Thanks Lase, I used the link and reported him, thanks. I was in the Maia CZ and wasn't affiliated with a faction. I thought it was no pvp at all but after a second attack on me learned (from the friendly attacked who ceased when I asked what his game was) that you can pvp if you are both affiliated. He apologised for attacking me when I wasn't affiliated and told me how to do that. The first guy just murdered me even when I asked him to stop and when I went back to ask him he FTLd off.

I can see how a mistake could be made and a few shots fired but for the first guy to murder me is not on. I got a screenshot of the death and submitted that by the link.

I can't help but think the rule could be changed to both players have to agree to fight in a cz or at least a written warning!

Thanks again, I'm sitting this CG out. Which is a shame as I'm 800,000 down after this guy murdered me and desperately need to make it back. Third week in, no cash!!!!

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*

Postby *Al* » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:20 am

raidan187 wrote:Thanks Lase, I used the link and reported him, thanks. I was in the Maia CZ and wasn't affiliated with a faction. I thought it was no pvp at all but after a second attack on me learned (from the friendly attacked who ceased when I asked what his game was) that you can pvp if you are both affiliated. He apologised for attacking me when I wasn't affiliated and told me how to do that. The first guy just murdered me even when I asked him to stop and when I went back to ask him he FTLd off.

I can see how a mistake could be made and a few shots fired but for the first guy to murder me is not on. I got a screenshot of the death and submitted that by the link.

I can't help but think the rule could be changed to both players have to agree to fight in a cz or at least a written warning!

Thanks again, I'm sitting this CG out. Which is a shame as I'm 800,000 down after this guy murdered me and desperately need to make it back. Third week in, no cash!!!!

Hi, add me as a friend in game. I am currently in the Cernobog area (or will be this PM (GMT/Game time) If you can travel I am sure we can sort the financials out.

Best

*Al*

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:07 am

Were you in the CZ when you were killed by the other commander? If so check these rules to see if he was paying within them or not:

Inside Conflict Zones the following rules apply:
It is not allowed to attack a neutral player (a player not having chosen a faction)
It is not allowed to attack another player while being neutral (not having chosen a faction oneself)
It is not allowed to attack another player on the own chosen faction
Only if both players have activly chosen opposing factions may they engage in combat
It is not allowed to exit and enter a warzone in rapid succession for the sole purpose of targeting other players. Only if the wrong faction was chosen by mistake or by mutual agreement of the present players (For example in order for everybody to join the same faction).

If he was playing within those rules, then there was no violation.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

*Al*
Master
Master
CMDR: *Al*

Postby *Al* » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:12 pm

JohnLuke wrote:Were you in the CZ when you were killed by the other commander? If so check these rules to see if he was paying within them or not:

It is not allowed to attack a neutral player (a player not having chosen a faction)
It is not allowed to attack another player while being neutral (not having chosen a faction oneself)
Only if both players have activly chosen opposing factions may they engage in combat
It is not allowed to exit and enter a warzone in rapid succession for the sole purpose of targeting other players. Only if the wrong faction was chosen by mistake or by mutual agreement of the present players (For example in order for everybody to join the same faction).

Good to have this clarified - Thanks JL

raidan187
Harmless
Harmless

Postby raidan187 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:59 pm

JohnLuke wrote:Were you in the CZ when you were killed by the other commander? If so check these rules to see if he was paying within them or not:

Hi JohnLuke, I have never been in a CZ before and didn't even know how to select a faction until about an hour after the guy killed me. so I was not aligned to a faction. "Only if both players have activly chosen opposing factions may they engage in combat" - clearly in breach of this. when he selected me it would have shown I was not aligned with either faction.

o7

raidan187
Harmless
Harmless

Postby raidan187 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:03 pm

*Al* wrote:
raidan187 wrote:Thanks Lase, I used the link and reported him, thanks. I was in the Maia CZ and wasn't affiliated with a faction. I thought it was no pvp at all but after a second attack on me learned (from the friendly attacked who ceased when I asked what his game was) that you can pvp if you are both affiliated. He apologised for attacking me when I wasn't affiliated and told me how to do that. The first guy just murdered me even when I asked him to stop and when I went back to ask him he FTLd off.

Hi, add me as a friend in game. I am currently in the Cernobog area (or will be this PM (GMT/Game time) If you can travel I am sure we can sort the financials out.

Best

*Al*

Hi Al, wow this community IS great. I really appreciate the offer. im UK but will be on tonight from about 8pm till midnight game time so if you are around I would love to take you up on that. - im getting dangerously close to not having enough to rebuy :(

JohnLuke
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: JohnLuke

Postby JohnLuke » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:17 pm

Thanks for the clarification, raidan. I see that you've been in touch with Flip through PM as well. The situation is being taken care of. Sorry you got blown up.
-JL

Discord Admin
Forum moderator
FB Group moderator

raidan187
Harmless
Harmless

Postby raidan187 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:27 pm

JohnLuke wrote:Thanks for the clarification, raidan. I see that you've been in touch with Flip through PM as well. The situation is being taken care of. Sorry you got blown up.

Thanks JohnLuke & thanks Flip.

<3 Mobius <3

Return to “General Discussion”